No announcement yet.

My Backyard Garden ...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

much of my activity in my garden is quite routine right now since most of the plants have already grown. it gave me some time to concentrate on my home automation project. some updates on what has happened to my garden for the past 2 weeks ...

- i just harvested my 2nd batch of compost last sunday, exactly 3-weeks after i prepared them. i think i already got the hang of it and by tomorrow i should be able to prepare my next batch of compost.
    - i have been harvesting a few pechays and sitaos every week now :-) he he he. it's not really that much, just enough for my wife to include it in a meal that she cooks in the evening :-).
    - i finally was able to grow some (just 4 seedlings survive) bell peppers. i'm just waiting for it to grow a little bigger before i transplant them into large plastic bags.
    - i still have not much success with the sweet chilli pepper seeds. for some reason, i still could not germinate any of the seeds. i'm currently looking for some root enhancer chemical for orchids that i read in one of the post here in PHM. once i find it, i plan to use it to try and grow these seeds in a controlled environment.
    - looks like the baguio beans and sugar peas are not suitable to grow in our area. i think it needs a much cooler climate (e.g. baguio) for it to grow. i tried so many times growing them but just after a few weeks, when you see the plants already growing great, they start to wilt, even if i try to put them in a shaded area ... cheers

Boo!

Comment

Boo,

Maybe your seeds of sweet chili pepper have passed its germination stage, meaning baka lipas na, usually some seeds can be stored and used only for 1 or 1.5 years, after that you just have to buy new pack of seeds.

Summer months are usually not appropriate for planting vegetables, atmosphere is too hot, soil becomes hot too and water evaporates fast, parusa sa mga bagong seedlings.
      AHP Alpha-TIG 200X welder
      HITRONIC 300 Amp DC Inverter IGBT Welder
      YAMATO 300 Amp AC Stick Welder
      YAMATO 200Amp DC Inverter IGBT Welder
      DeWALT Chopsaw
      HOBART and ESAB Welding Helmets
      Assorted Angle Grinders, Clamps and Vises
      STIHL MS 044 chainsaw

-----------------------------------------------
      Dreaming and wanting is good and healthy but working hard for it is better !

Comment

@ rosy, i checked the seeds expiration, and it's 2016 pa, but i also had that gut feeling na baka lipas na yun batch of seeds that i bought ... and what you said about the weather is also what the agri store owner told me when i complained to her ... this is why i wanted to try using some root enhancer (use for orchids) that i read here in PHM before ... i'll be going to gensan today to take my wife and son to the airport (going to SG to visit my daugther) and i'll try to find this root enhancer ... cheers

Boo!

Comment

Very inspiring, congratulations po! I am planning to fit in your shoes soon I retired as part of my sustainable living, saan po ang location?

Comment

• Boo-Semi-Retired
            Boo-Semi-Retired commented
            Editing a comment
            we are in tampakan, south cotobato. my wife is from this area. one thing i like about this place is it's not affected by the typhoon season during the rainy season :-) he he he ... cheers

Boo!

Related Articles

Collapse

Collapse
        • Filter
        • Time
        • Show
        • New Topics
        Clear All
        No content found
        Show More
        • Filter
        • Time
        • Show
        • New Topics
        Clear All
        Please log in to your account to view your subscribed posts.

Related Articles

Collapse

Working...
        X