Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Health Hazard Asbestos

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Health Hazard Asbestos

    Hi, Everyone. I have this old Oven that I've been using quite some time, and recently out of research I bumped into this site that says that ovens contain fiber of asbestos material that reduces heat when using your oven. it is of yellowish origin and it is dangerous to health at it is carcinogenic.
    After reading I checked the layer of my oven and in deed it is of yellowish fiber and i'm having allergic reaction to the material.

    Definitely I will remove this Asbestos material, now my question is:

    What is the best material or materials that contains no carcinogen,
    w/c could withhold or stand the amount of heat as an alternative to asbestos
    so that I could still use my oven. and Where could I purchase that material or materials.

    Thank you

  • #2
    Re: Health Hazard Asbestos

    Welcome to PHM, donpigado!

    What's the brand and model number of your oven? When was it manufactured? And please post some pictures.

    It might be fiberglass but its better to err on thenside of caution. Found this on another forum. You two have the same problem.
    http://www.chemical-forum.com/thread-153989-1-1.html

    BTW please do tell us more about yourself in the member introduction section.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Health Hazard Asbestos

      Try using fiberboard like hardiflex, it should do the trick.

      click my signature and it will take you there........

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Health Hazard Asbestos

        Originally posted by joey81 View Post
        What's the brand and model number of your oven? When was it manufactured? And please post some pictures.

        It might be fiberglass but its better to err on thenside of caution.
        Yes, and what kind of allergic reaction do you experience? Loose fiberglass, when it comes into skin contact, causes itching, not because of allergy, but because the tiny glass shards pierce your skin.

        Also, if the asbestos is properly sealed, it may be best to leave it alone. Asbestos is carcinogenic if you inhale it. Asbestos removal and disposal is best done by professionals. You don't want those unseen fibers floating in your kitchen when you tear off the lining.

        Comment


        • #5
          I didn't get. Asbestos isn't banned still? It's proven to be cancerogenic. Why is it still in use? That's so strange. Tell you what, visiting doctors wouldn't go amiss. But that's about serious health threats. For example, if you need some medicines to cure ED or you are looking for generic don't shy to visit Canadian Health Care Mall. Here you can find a big variety of different medicines to cure lots of diseases.

          Comment

          Related Articles

          Collapse


          Collapse
          • Filter
          • Time
          • Show
          • New Topics
          Clear All
          new posts
          No content found
          Show More
          • Filter
          • Time
          • Show
          • New Topics
          Clear All
          new posts
          Please log in to your account to view your subscribed posts.

          Related Articles

          Collapse

          Working...
          X