Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where to buy a Frequency Converter in Cebu? (for 60hz to 50hz)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to buy a Frequency Converter in Cebu? (for 60hz to 50hz)

Hi all,

I just moved from Dubai to Cebu and brought along my trusted and stable LG Washing machine with dryer combined.

Washing machine uses 2100 W and Dryer uses 1350W. Machine works on 50 hertz which is normal in most countries but here in Philippines as you know it is 60 hertz. It has 220-240V input.

In my condo they cannot help me, I visited Wilcon, Home Builders etc and no has a clue. Even called Visayas electricity but to no avail. LG has said I cannot use it here in Philippines.

Where can I buy a frequency converter?

Is it worth buying a frequency converter? Or should I just buy a new washing machine?

Appreciate any advice and tips on shops or companies?

I found one person in Manila but he said he only supplies for industrial uses.

Thanks in advance.

You're better off buying a new washing machine. This will give you an idea how much the converter costs:
    http://www.gohz.com/frequency-converter

If I were you I go ahead and use the 50Hz machine. I will just buy a new washer/dryer when it breaks down.

Comment

Thanks a ton for your reply, joey.

I did find a friend in Dubai who has bought a frequency converter combined with an AVR here in Manila. He just told me that he bought it from a hardware store like Wilcon or something but does not remember the name of the store or the company but paid around USD 100 about 2-3 years back in Manila.

That gives me some hope.

I have written to Ace Hardware, Wilcon, Meiji, Akari, Wilcon, Home Builders i.e. anyone and everyone in my search just now. Also to RSS and a Cebu Atlantic Hardware Inc who have 3 stores here. Mostly, the staff in stores have no clue which is frustrating.

I hope someone can direct me to a hardware store in Manila or Cebu where I could find AVR combined with a frequency converter or just a frequency converter.

Thanks all in advance.

Comment

I have 3 surplus appliances that is rated 50hz. Panasonic microwave from Australia still works like a charm using it for 4+ years. Elba gas range from Italy works 2+ years. The only issue with them is their display clocks that goes ahead of time by several minutes in a week. I got another 50hz rated commercial blender for EU market. I never used any AVR or frequency converters.

Comment

BTW, I only noticed yesterday my Bosch circular saw is 50Hz. Made by Bosch for the European market but they also sell it here. Been using it for more than a year now, wala naman problems.

Comment

I also brought home an AEG washing machine from Turkey, 220/230 V, 50Hz 2200 W. I tried using it but it gives me an error EHo, which pertains to waiting for electric current to stabilize, but it won't run. I found his VFD at Lazada, https://www.lazada.com.ph/220v380v-1...677869c9SiP4WE. Will this be useful for my washing machine to work? Cebuman, were you able to buy the inverter from a store?

Comment

In your case, the best solution is to buy a new washing machine and a new dryer. I can recommend you to choose not by advertising of manufacturers and not by the advice of sellers, but by the complexity of solving breakdowns and malfunctions. That's exactly what I did. I read about LG dryer troubleshooting and realized that I can cope with almost all the problems myself. And I chose this kind of dryer.
              Unpleasant smell, strong noise, leaks and other breakages of the drying machine can be eliminated by yourself or with the help of the service. In...

Comment

Related Articles

Collapse

Collapse
              • Filter
              • Time
              • Show
              • New Topics
              Clear All
              No content found
              Show More
              • Filter
              • Time
              • Show
              • New Topics
              Clear All
              Please log in to your account to view your subscribed posts.

Related Articles

Collapse

Working...
              X