cutting a hole for aircon

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cutting a hole for aircon

I'm wondering what's the best approach on installing a small .75hp window type aircon. I have attached a photo on where I think the aircon should be placed. The Red box(location B) is ideal I think but my problem is the wall is old concrete so it maybe hard for me to break the concrete. The green box(location A) would be easier but would look uglier? And I would have to cut through the metal framing for the aircon's body to go through. Can you guys give me a bit of advice on how to go through this?

Just my personal opinion bro, I'd rather cut a hole on the wall than destroy the
    metal frames of my window, plus be replacing the broken window glass, then
    still have to hire a welder to fix that window frame.

By cutting a hole in that wall will be easier, simply use an angle grinder fitted with
    a concrete cutting disk. an almost exact size of the aircon can be achieved. Just
    finish the rough edges of the concrete with cement then paint it with the same color
    of the interior wall.

Just my opinion if I am to install an aircon in the same situation as yours.

Good Luck on the project !
    CIGWELD Weldskill 250 amp Mig Welder
    AHP Alpha-TIG 200X welder
    HITRONIC 300 Amp DC Inverter IGBT Welder
    YAMATO 300 amp AC Stick Welder
    YAMATO 200 amp DC Inverter IGBT Welder
    DeWALT Chopsaw
    HOBART and ESAB Welding Helmets

cloned STIHLs

MS 044 chainsaw
    MS 070 chainsaw

Comment

I saw some guys making a hole thru a concrete wall for an exhaust fan using, as sir rosy said, an angle grinder. They're also using a drill..(or was it a jackhammer) to chip off the concrete little by little.
      By the way, why not put it on top of the window if there's still space, so the air can circulate better...and the cold air is not directly blown to people hanging out by the wooden sofa?

Comment

Angle grinder sounds awesome! I didn't know you can cut through concrete wall with angle grinder and lucky enough I can borrow one!

Swordsman, Sadly those are the only spots I can place the AC. because the wall beside it is a wall shared by the next door neighbor.

thank you!!!!!

Comment

@ nunu,

Bro I forgot to mention after using an angle grinder fitted with a concrete cutting disk,
          you will also need a rotary hammer drill, this will help in removing concrete plasters
          and the CHB chips/chunks faster compared to doing it manually.

CIGWELD Weldskill 250 amp Mig Welder
          AHP Alpha-TIG 200X welder
          HITRONIC 300 Amp DC Inverter IGBT Welder
          YAMATO 300 amp AC Stick Welder
          YAMATO 200 amp DC Inverter IGBT Welder
          DeWALT Chopsaw
          HOBART and ESAB Welding Helmets

cloned STIHLs

MS 044 chainsaw
          MS 070 chainsaw

Comment

got it, thanks rosy!!

Comment

I use an electric jack hammer I seldom cut the concrete if the tile is to be set over the cut area. It would create less dust. A cut only needs to be an inch or so deep to give you a neat edge when jack hammering.

Thank You

Comment

thanks guys! already bore the hole using an angle grinder but I had to ask for help because I was too afraid of the angle grinder.

Comment

Related Articles

Collapse

Collapse
                • Filter
                • Time
                • Show
                • New Topics
                Clear All
                No content found
                Show More
                • Filter
                • Time
                • Show
                • New Topics
                Clear All
                Please log in to your account to view your subscribed posts.

Related Articles

Collapse

Working...
                X