TV Wall Bracket mounted on Paramount Partition

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TV Wall Bracket mounted on Paramount Partition

I bought a cantilever TV bracket to put on my living room wall, which I thought was a stud wall but it is in fact a paramount partition. I was thinking of placing two small sheets of plywood on either side of the partition. One on the wall and one at the other side of the partition in the cupboard fixed by carriage bolts. Once the sheets are fixed in place I will then screw the bracket onto the plywood.

I'm not sure if this would be strong enough to hold it securely. Any advice would be appreciated.

Re: TV Wall Bracket mounted on Paramount Partition

Perhaps it will work, but what thickness of plywood are you going to use ? Of course thicker ones are better than just using a 3/16" or 1/4 " thick plywood. Can you post a picture or an illustration of your idea so others can also easily give or suggest the right or correct approach and make sure the bracket attachment will definitely and securely hold.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
    A little OT here :

Hey bro since you are new here at PHM, can you please introduce yourself perhaps so that other members may get to know you better. How about some info on your interest or hobbies, are you doing wood works, metal works, into computers and electronics or perhaps into automobiles etc, etc. and where are you located. Give us some info of your self.

Thanks,

rosy
    Last edited by rosy; 05-18-2013, 11:45 AM.
    CIGWELD Weldskill 250 amp Mig Welder
    AHP Alpha-TIG 200X welder
    HITRONIC 300 Amp DC Inverter IGBT Welder
    YAMATO 300 amp AC Stick Welder
    YAMATO 200 amp DC Inverter IGBT Welder
    DeWALT Chopsaw
    HOBART and ESAB Welding Helmets

cloned STIHLs

MS 044 chainsaw
    MS 070 chainsaw

Comment

I'm looking at 18mm ply but I am going to cut open the partition and fix it at the cupboard end' this will hide it from the living room side. I can't show you pictures because I've not done any work yet just at the ideas stage.

Comment

Re: TV Wall Bracket mounted on Paramount Partition

AH ok, but perhaps a graphic illustration or a nice line drawing on paper will do of your ideas. Like I said, it will be easier to visualize or see by other members who might and may have a better suggestion/proposal.

Mahirap kasi yung nang huhula or trying to imagine your idea or what you want to accomplish. Ikaw lang bro nakaka alam o intindi nyan, hehehe
        CIGWELD Weldskill 250 amp Mig Welder
        AHP Alpha-TIG 200X welder
        HITRONIC 300 Amp DC Inverter IGBT Welder
        YAMATO 300 amp AC Stick Welder
        YAMATO 200 amp DC Inverter IGBT Welder
        DeWALT Chopsaw
        HOBART and ESAB Welding Helmets

cloned STIHLs

MS 044 chainsaw
        MS 070 chainsaw

Comment

What is the load capability of the tv bracket? I bought on tv wall bracket at crazysales which can hold 80kg, capable of fitting a 60" plasma TV. It is well-designed, the holes are set perfectly. And what's the size of your load? Noramally plywood is solid, so I think you are not doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Related Articles

Collapse

Collapse
          • Filter
          • Time
          • Show
          • New Topics
          Clear All
          No content found
          Show More
          • Filter
          • Time
          • Show
          • New Topics
          Clear All
          Please log in to your account to view your subscribed posts.

Related Articles

Collapse

Working...
          X