Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need Advice - Fastest and most cost effective way to fix bumpy/uneven concrete wall.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Advice - Fastest and most cost effective way to fix bumpy/uneven concrete wall.

Im trying to help a friend who wants to have his concrete walls fixed. Apparently it seems the errors in
    construction is magnified in the stair area since the light from the windows projects to the firewall -
    exposing lumps and uneven surfaces. (see pics) We want to fix this the fastest and most affordable way
    possible (since the house is occupied). Apparently the easiest way to fix this issue is to hang picture frames
    over it - but he prefers blank, clean walls. Im asking for your opinion if my approach to fixing this will be
    good enough -

PLan A - I believe this is faster but more expensive
    - Drywall the entire firewall surface with Gypsum Board. Will Use 2" Studs and Tracks and attach them to
    firewall.
    - IF necessary, Use Boral (fast setting) joint compound to fix not so straight lines and bumps on concrete
    beam

Plan B - Slower but is it cheaper?
    - Hahabulin ng masilya ang bumps to create a smooth finish. Will re-sand wall and plaster it with Skim
    Coat.
    - IF necessary, Use Boral (fast setting) joint compound to fix not so straight lines and bumps on concrete
    beam

thank you and I appreciate everything i Learn from you mga masters!
    Last edited by mig21; 11-26-2015, 11:43 PM.

IMO, it is not that bad. The light and the angle view magnified the unevenness.

Kung ito ay mano-manong palitada, impossibleng perfectly smooth ang wall kahit after ng masilya.

If the owner loses sleep over this, I prefer Plan A. Why not use and ordinary plywood na lang?

Comment

fourtheboys96 thanks sa feedback. yes the light magnifies the uneveness .. true. My hesitation with plywood is its hard to prep and takes much time to finish. Any advantage with plywood sir? was also thinking 2x2 wood frames might be also expensive (unless i choose 1x1 or smaller wood frames). thanks!

Comment

Use a Flat Finish Paint.

Comment

Hi bryant77 thank you for the feedback. I thought about covering a coat of flat finish paint on it, but my hesitation was, based on my experience Flat Paint was kinda "powdery" to touch and gets dirty easily (hand smudges). Is it true for all brands or it was just for my case? How about using elastomeric paint (rain or shine/sun and rain) as it has a satin/eggshell finish? . Also, yes i agree that glossy paint and angle of light reflection really do play a part - I drove around the streets at around when the afternoon sun was hitting exterior walls the most, Lumps and imperfections certainly do appear on almost every building.
          Last edited by mig21; 12-07-2015, 10:42 PM.

Comment

yung frost na style sa glass. para kaonti lang ang light na pumasok sa loob ng house. or textured na paint?para me ambience

Comment

Related Articles

Collapse

Collapse
            • Filter
            • Time
            • Show
            • New Topics
            Clear All
            No content found
            Show More
            • Filter
            • Time
            • Show
            • New Topics
            Clear All
            Please log in to your account to view your subscribed posts.

Related Articles

Collapse

Working...
            X