Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Homemade plasma cutter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Homemade plasma cutter

    Will anyone take the challenge and build one?

    http://xa.yimg.com/kq/groups/1333516...SMA_CUTTER.pdf

  • #2
    Re: Homemade plasma cutter

    Originally posted by elcheapo View Post
    Will anyone take the challenge and build one?

    http://xa.yimg.com/kq/groups/1333516...SMA_CUTTER.pdf
    why not take the challenge? we will root for you... go go go...

    click my signature and it will take you there........

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Homemade plasma cutter

      I'm also thinking of this, but most DIY plasma in the net are high voltage type. I would prefer the low voltage high ampere models for DIY

      So far the only toys I did DIY are MOT welders, MOT spot welders, and a car battery charger.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Homemade plasma cutter

        Originally posted by clayfigur View Post
        I'm also thinking of this, but most DIY plasma in the net are high voltage type. I would prefer the low voltage high ampere models for DIY

        So far the only toys I did DIY are MOT welders, MOT spot welders, and a car battery charger.
        You forgot the magic bulb i`ve seen in your place sir..hehe..

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Homemade plasma cutter

          Originally posted by pyth View Post
          You forgot the magic bulb i`ve seen in your place sir..hehe..
          OFF TOPIC: Ahh yun.. Secret powersource yun eh..

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Homemade plasma cutter

            yup. ii already bought the torch. its a panasonic clone. need help, tho. 3KVA transformers are as expensive as hell. im considering doing an inverter. but that also needs a transformer. got some MOT's?

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Homemade plasma cutter

              Originally posted by OyiL View Post
              yup. ii already bought the torch. its a panasonic clone. need help, tho. 3KVA transformers are as expensive as hell. im considering doing an inverter. but that also needs a transformer. got some MOT's?
              I get MOT's from junk shops, mostly magbobote carts. Just be careful to diffuse the capacitors, its loaded with high voltage charges. Even if the oven is unplugged.

              Comment

              Related Articles

              Collapse

              Collapse
              • Filter
              • Time
              • Show
              • New Topics
              Clear All
              new posts
              No content found
              Show More
              • Filter
              • Time
              • Show
              • New Topics
              Clear All
              new posts
              Please log in to your account to view your subscribed posts.

              Related Articles

              Collapse

              Working...
              X