Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's practice STICK WELDING, and proper weld bead applications.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: Let's practice STICK WELDING, and proper weld bead applications.

    buti naman kung ganun, ang gusto ko sa kawasaki may 250 sya .... sa yamato diretso kasi 300. pero baka yamato na rin kunin ko kay Joseph atleast alam na yong mga possible problems at dapat iwasan.

    Comment


    • Re: Let's practice STICK WELDING, and proper weld bead applications.

      ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
      I hate this thread! as I don't even have that nice Yamato (now generic na daw and just rebadged?)...Still dreaming of the Asea 200D though...with digital readouts...hahaha

      practice practice mga metalboys! while its getting cooler! pagdating ng summer...heatstroke abutin natin....

      be safe always.
      The devil will find work for idle hands to do.-Morrissey

      Comment


      • Re: Let's practice STICK WELDING, and proper weld bead applications.

        HAHAHA, OK V, I suppose from the very start we already got the generic type of this Yamato DC Inverter, not just now, that is why maybe its the cheapest inverter welder in the market. But even though its a generic one, one thing nice and advantage about it is the local source/importer/supplier, we know they can fix it for they have the ready technicians to check if in case anything goes wrong with the units purchased and this has been proven several times already by some members of the "metalboys".

        Well it was just lucky for the YAMATO brand to be given a place here to be reviewed, talked about and given a chance to show its welding capabilities as a portable DC Inverter machine but of course with less abuse. I still have my unit going strong and functioning well like the first day I tried welding with it and still using it for DIY projects. Lets just hope they ( the manufacturer ) can maintain their quality or perhaps improve it more to be at par with other competitors in the market.

        And just a personal observation from the welding noobs here starting out and learning the skill of welding, they seem to prefer CHEAP priced portable welding units compared to those branded and kinda expensive welding rigs. " Pag mura, OK lang, pero pag mahal, backout agad o pag iisipan muna ". Well we can't blame them for they are the ones spending their hard earned money.



        CHEERS !!
        AHP Alpha-TIG 200X welder
        HITRONIC 300 Amp DC Inverter IGBT Welder
        YAMATO 300 Amp AC Stick Welder
        YAMATO 200Amp DC Inverter IGBT Welder
        DeWALT Chopsaw
        HOBART and ESAB Welding Helmets
        Assorted Angle Grinders, Clamps and Vises
        STIHL MS 044 chainsaw

        -----------------------------------------------
        Dreaming and wanting is good and healthy but working hard for it is better !

        Comment


        • Re: Let's practice STICK WELDING, and proper weld bead applications.

          Originally posted by rosy View Post

          And just a personal observation from the welding noobs here starting out and learning the skill of welding, they seem to prefer CHEAP priced portable welding units compared to those branded and kinda expensive welding rigs. " Pag mura, OK lang, pero pag mahal, backout agad o pag iisipan muna ". Well we can't blame them for they are the ones spending their hard earned money.



          CHEERS !!
          bibili din ako ng hitronic 250A....kapag nabuo na budget ko, aba!

          so far so good pa naman yamato ko after a few window grills, gate rewelding, fender repairs, etc....kaya lang parang diesel, sa una laging nagii-stick yung rod at napupundi ang arc. habang tumatagal, swabe naman kahit papano.

          Comment


          • Re: Let's practice STICK WELDING, and proper weld bead applications.

            Originally posted by miked View Post
            bibili din ako ng hitronic 250A....kapag nabuo na budget ko, aba!

            so far so good pa naman yamato ko after a few window grills, gate rewelding, fender repairs, etc....kaya lang parang diesel, sa una laging nagii-stick yung rod at napupundi ang arc. habang tumatagal, swabe naman kahit papano.
            Mike hindi kaya na ka sipsip ng moisture na ang mga welding rods mo?
            Millermatic 180 Autoset Mig Welder
            Miller Spoolmate 100 Spool Gun
            Victor Firepower 350 Oxy Ace Outfit
            3M Speedglas 9002X AD Helmet
            Makita LC1230 Dry Cut Saw
            Ingersoll Rand Air Tools
            Snap On Tools
            Metabo Power Tools
            Norseman Drill Cutting Tools
            Bosch Power Tools
            3M PPS

            Comment


            • Re: Let's practice STICK WELDING, and proper weld bead applications.

              Originally posted by JayL View Post
              Mike hindi kaya na ka sipsip ng moisture na ang mga welding rods mo?
              maaari sir.... pinagtitiyagaan ko lang. madami pa kasi.

              Comment


              • Re: Let's practice STICK WELDING, and proper weld bead applications.

                @ Bro miked,


                There are some possibilities to your experience during start up during welding, it could be
                that your ampere setting to burn the rod is not enough that is why its a bit cold, try to increase the settings to make it hot.
                Another possible scenario is your ground clamp, baka hindi pa sya totally naka dikit (in contact) sa metal, possibly due to rust or whatever
                so medyo galaw galawin mo lang. Right/proper contact lang yan sa metal.

                Eh pahabol na tanong...... Anung type/no. ng welding electrodes ba ginagamit mo ngayon? Just curious lang.




                Hope this helps !!
                Last edited by rosy; 12-10-2014, 06:21 PM.
                AHP Alpha-TIG 200X welder
                HITRONIC 300 Amp DC Inverter IGBT Welder
                YAMATO 300 Amp AC Stick Welder
                YAMATO 200Amp DC Inverter IGBT Welder
                DeWALT Chopsaw
                HOBART and ESAB Welding Helmets
                Assorted Angle Grinders, Clamps and Vises
                STIHL MS 044 chainsaw

                -----------------------------------------------
                Dreaming and wanting is good and healthy but working hard for it is better !

                Comment


                • Re: Let's practice STICK WELDING, and proper weld bead applications.

                  Originally posted by rosy View Post
                  @ Bro miked,


                  There are some possibilities to your experience during start up during welding, it could be
                  that your ampere setting to burn the rod is not enough that is why its a bit cold, try to increase the settings to make it hot.
                  Another possible scenario is your ground clamp, baka hindi pa sya totally naka dikit (in contact) sa metal, possibly due to rust or whatever
                  so medyo galaw galawin mo lang. Right/proper contact lang yan sa metal.

                  Eh pahabol na tanong...... Anung type/no. ng welding electrodes ba ginagamit mo ngayon? Just curious lang.




                  Hope this helps !!
                  6013 lang. mahirap maghanap ng 7018 samin. yun din sana. may 6011 din kaso matagal nang nakastock. tsaka mas lalong humahalik at napupundi ng mas madalas yun sa yamato ko.

                  yung ground clamp pinalitan ko na nun pa nung copper (or maybe brass) clamp, japanese type seiko brand (similar to this part no. FYJ98-6). magmula nun napalitan, nagimprove ang arc starts compared dun sa OEM clamp nung yamato.

                  atsaka napansin ko din na kahit taasan ko yung amperage humahalik pa rin madalas. ewan, baka ako lang naman siguro dahil di naman ako araw araw nagwewelding.

                  Comment


                  • Re: Let's practice STICK WELDING, and proper weld bead applications.

                    6013 lang. mahirap maghanap ng 7018 samin. yun din sana. may 6011 din kaso matagal nang nakastock. tsaka mas lalong humahalik at napupundi ng mas madalas yun sa yamato ko.

                    O, kung 6013 lang pala, you shouldn't have any problem with the rod, can do with light or medium penetration.
                    Kung mapaluwas ka na lang sa Manila, look them up 7018 rods in Binondo stores selling arc machines if you really need them.
                    I have a suggestion for your 6011 rods, during hot and sunny day, ibilad mo yung mga rods under the sun for almost a whole day
                    after which you wrap it in a paper bag o dyaryo then wrap it in plastic bago itago.



                    yung ground clamp pinalitan ko na nun pa nung copper (or maybe brass) clamp, japanese type seiko brand (similar to this part no. FYJ98-6). magmula nun napalitan, nagimprove ang arc starts compared dun sa OEM clamp nung yamato.

                    Right and proper contact of the ground clamp onto the metal makes a lot of difference, just remember to clean your metal of rust, grease or mill scales.



                    atsaka napansin ko din na kahit taasan ko yung amperage humahalik pa rin madalas. ewan, baka ako lang naman siguro dahil di naman ako araw araw nagwewelding.

                    Even though you don't weld everyday you shouldn't have any problems with the rods you have,
                    practice and more practice na lang during weekend para mahasa !!





                    CHEERS and happy welding bro !!
                    AHP Alpha-TIG 200X welder
                    HITRONIC 300 Amp DC Inverter IGBT Welder
                    YAMATO 300 Amp AC Stick Welder
                    YAMATO 200Amp DC Inverter IGBT Welder
                    DeWALT Chopsaw
                    HOBART and ESAB Welding Helmets
                    Assorted Angle Grinders, Clamps and Vises
                    STIHL MS 044 chainsaw

                    -----------------------------------------------
                    Dreaming and wanting is good and healthy but working hard for it is better !

                    Comment


                    • Comment


                      • Nagka sun burn ako,. 1st time ko mag weld.almost 2 hours exposure. Need pla ng long sleeve at pants pag nagweweld.

                        Comment


                        • Please don't forget safety gears and welding helmet during welding sessions,
                          always always with proper attire (work clothes).





                          Always remember, safety first !!
                          AHP Alpha-TIG 200X welder
                          HITRONIC 300 Amp DC Inverter IGBT Welder
                          YAMATO 300 Amp AC Stick Welder
                          YAMATO 200Amp DC Inverter IGBT Welder
                          DeWALT Chopsaw
                          HOBART and ESAB Welding Helmets
                          Assorted Angle Grinders, Clamps and Vises
                          STIHL MS 044 chainsaw

                          -----------------------------------------------
                          Dreaming and wanting is good and healthy but working hard for it is better !

                          Comment


                          • Haha di ko ata nabasa yun sir, anyway lessosn learn para saken, para na rin sa ibang nag uumpisa.
                            Naka welding helmet naman ako, rubber shoes pa nga and leather gloves. (Takot makuryente e.&#128561
                            Kaya lang naka short and t-shirt lang. Napansin ko nito hapon, naging Tan yun braso at binti ko. Ang hapdi.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by IcebergX View Post
                              Haha di ko ata nabasa yun sir, anyway lessosn learn para saken, para na rin sa ibang nag uumpisa.
                              Naka welding helmet naman ako, rubber shoes pa nga and leather gloves. (Takot makuryente e.&#128561
                              Kaya lang naka short and t-shirt lang. Napansin ko nito hapon, naging Tan yun braso at binti ko. Ang hapdi.
                              It never hurts to Google hehehe

                              Comment

                              Related Articles

                              Collapse

                              Collapse
                              • Filter
                              • Time
                              • Show
                              • New Topics
                              Clear All
                              new posts
                              No content found
                              Show More
                              • Filter
                              • Time
                              • Show
                              • New Topics
                              Clear All
                              new posts
                              Please log in to your account to view your subscribed posts.

                              Related Articles

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X