Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Powercraft PIW200 Review w/ pics

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Re: Powercraft PIW200 Review w/ pics

    Originally posted by bugel View Post
    Nope..not at all..ako pa magsisisi? Haha..ilang steel window na ba nagawa ko kay yamato..? not mentioning all the projects i've done in this tiny machine..eto nga lang at katatapos ko lang ng bed frame..so far so good,alive 'n kickin pa rin ang welder ko..

    I'm just admiring bro amboy's new tool,digital kasi eh..

    Cheers

    Not to say that the Yamato is poorly designed, but just pointing out that any tool, when abused, is bound to get broken.

    Two of the Yamatos I bought already went back for repairs after 9 months of production use. Inabuso kasi. They used it for cutting, they won't stop welding until the red LED turns on.
    after 9 months all 4 IGBTs were burnt. EY repaired it by replacing the whole PCB.

    Lesson is: use the Yamato properly (observe 60% duty cycle) and it will serve you well. Just look at Rosy's machine, more than 2 years and still running.

    Comment


    • #32
      Re: Powercraft PIW200 Review w/ pics

      I guess you should have given your brother in law an ordinary 250 or 300 amp AC welder, not too complicated as the DC Inverter machines. Also from my research in the net, DC Inverter machines are not supposed to be used for cutting metals. For heavy production use, its the 250 amps and above machines that are being used.

      OH by the way, how much did it cost you to have your units repaired or the whole PCB replaced ? Hope you don't mind for the sake of information ! Thanks in advance !
      Last edited by rosy; 09-11-2013, 10:03 AM.
      CIGWELD Weldskill 250 amp Mig Welder
      AHP Alpha-TIG 200X welder
      HITRONIC 300 Amp DC Inverter IGBT Welder
      YAMATO 300 amp AC Stick Welder
      YAMATO 200 amp DC Inverter IGBT Welder
      DeWALT Chopsaw
      HOBART and ESAB Welding Helmets


      cloned STIHLs

      MS 044 chainsaw
      MS 070 chainsaw

      Comment


      • #33
        Re: Powercraft PIW200 Review w/ pics

        I think Rosy mentioned in another or in this thread of his intent to buy a much higher model welder. You can decide on later if you feel that you have exhausted your current machine's potential. The Yamato 200 gave us a good start up welder. It gave most of those who intend to use it as a DIY welder good value for their initial investment. Bugel and Rosy have had good adventures with this model but for sure are contemplating on other stronger capacity models when the time or requirement comes. For those who bought their Yamato for industry use it was a gamble worth spending a fraction of what they should've spent for a test that might prove useful or nil. Joey81's two units though have had substantial abuse but these provided much info on the machine's threshold as well as the Dealers much regarded After Sales Service Warranty.
        I am now excited to find out about Amboy's Power Craft unit whether it will perform as expected from the value of it's features and price. If this model holds water then we have two better models to look up to especially for newbie buyers. Cheers to all!

        Comment


        • #34
          Update lang guys... the powercraft is now on its 3rd day of continous use... still without any hitch. Im on my 6th of the 33 pcs of chairs im re-fabricating. No overheat encountered yet... today alone must have spent about half a kilo worth of welding rods. Will keep you guys updated as to its performance. :-)

          ----------------
          Yamato 200 Amp AC Arc Welder
          Powercraft PIW201i 200 Amp DC Arc Welder
          Makita 9556NB Angle Grinders
          Bosch GSB16RE Drill
          Bosch Power Sander
          Dewalt Cordless Drill
          Dewalt D7610 Chop Saw
          Powercraft Auto Dimming Helmet
          ----------------
          Sent from my Samsung Note 2 using Tapatalk Beta 4 for Android

          Comment


          • #35
            Re: Powercraft PIW200 Review w/ pics

            Hey bro amboy, that's good to know about the Powercraft welder, just keep it coming.

            Can you by any chance post a pic or two of the project you are doing now, I think most of us guys here into metal works would love to have a glimpse of the chairs you are re fabricating.


            Thanks in advance and keep safe there bro !!!
            CIGWELD Weldskill 250 amp Mig Welder
            AHP Alpha-TIG 200X welder
            HITRONIC 300 Amp DC Inverter IGBT Welder
            YAMATO 300 amp AC Stick Welder
            YAMATO 200 amp DC Inverter IGBT Welder
            DeWALT Chopsaw
            HOBART and ESAB Welding Helmets


            cloned STIHLs

            MS 044 chainsaw
            MS 070 chainsaw

            Comment


            • #36
              Re: Powercraft PIW200 Review w/ pics

              Originally posted by rosy View Post
              I guess you should have given your brother in law an ordinary 250 or 300 amp AC welder, not too complicated as the DC Inverter machines. Also from my research in the net, DC Inverter machines are not supposed to be used for cutting metals. For heavy production use, its the 250 amps and above machines that are being used.

              OH by the way, how much did it cost you to have your units repaired or the whole PCB replaced ? Hope you don't mind for the sake of information ! Thanks in advance !
              Medyo OT na tayo.

              They already have AC welders. He liked the Yamato due to its portability and ease of use (needs only ordinary outlet). It was supposed to be for field use when they are installing on site. But the welders grew fond of it and pushed the DC welders to their limits.

              EY charged 1,500 for the board replacement. This is the Achilles Heel of the Yamato DC welder. In EY's repair bay you can see the defective boards piled in a corner, more than 2 feet high.

              Comment


              • #37
                Re: Powercraft PIW200 Review w/ pics

                Originally posted by rosy View Post

                Can you by any chance post a pic or two of the project you are doing now, I think most of us guys here into metal works would love to have a glimpse of the chairs you are re fabricating
                bro rosy, here's some pics of the re-fabrication of chairs i'm doing. i'll post a more detailed thread later on


                turning these metal bench type seats....
                [IMG][/IMG]

                into something like this...
                [IMG][/IMG]

                To this...
                [IMG] [/IMG]
                Last edited by amboy; 09-11-2013, 04:22 PM.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Re: Powercraft PIW200 Review w/ pics

                  Thanks bro amboy for the pics, hehehe a sneak preview of your current metal projects, AYOS !!!

                  Nakaka inggit project mo, ang sarap sigurong gawin yan lalo na very cool ang weather dyan sa Baguio !!! HEHEHE
                  CIGWELD Weldskill 250 amp Mig Welder
                  AHP Alpha-TIG 200X welder
                  HITRONIC 300 Amp DC Inverter IGBT Welder
                  YAMATO 300 amp AC Stick Welder
                  YAMATO 200 amp DC Inverter IGBT Welder
                  DeWALT Chopsaw
                  HOBART and ESAB Welding Helmets


                  cloned STIHLs

                  MS 044 chainsaw
                  MS 070 chainsaw

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Re: Powercraft PIW200 Review w/ pics

                    Originally posted by rosy View Post
                    Bro amboy,

                    NO ILL FEELINGS AT ALL !!!

                    As a matter of fact we welcome here your full and extensive review of the POWERCRAFT so other members will have other alternatives and be educated. Please do continue sharing your thoughts and experience here with regards to your new toy, let us help others be educated with different brands of weld machines. We seldom get members reviewing their newly acquired weld machines here so please just keep on posting your results on the POWERCRAFT use.

                    I would just like to reiterate, I am not defending the YAMATO brand ha, and have no connection of whatsoever with EY Industrial Supply Inc.


                    CHEERS and STAY SAFE bro !!!
                    I too have visited ASEA's dealer (Asias Best) here in Cebu and the price of Yamato and the reviews here was really my deal breaker. Up until now I do not have any problem with my Yamato, my AC welder is gathering dust in favor of my Yamato DC welder.

                    I hope ASEA and Rilon owners can comment/review on their unit too.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Re: Powercraft PIW200 Review w/ pics

                      Originally posted by amboy View Post

                      into something like this...

                      Nice chairs!

                      Did you use ordinary rods (6013) to weld the toprail crest and spindles?
                      Sometimes kasi, I run into cast-iron decorative elements, and then it's a
                      world of hurt trying to use nickel, lol...

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Re: Powercraft PIW200 Review w/ pics

                        Originally posted by horge View Post
                        Nice chairs!


                        Sometimes kasi, I run into cast-iron decorative elements, and then it's a
                        world of hurt trying to use nickel, lol...
                        Would you mean Eutectic welding rods? I use them to repair my broken cast iron parts of my machineries. Very expensive and sensitive to moisture and humidity but they hold very well.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by horge View Post
                          Nice chairs!

                          Did you use ordinary rods (6013) to weld the toprail crest and spindles?
                          Sometimes kasi, I run into cast-iron decorative elements, and then it's a
                          world of hurt trying to use nickel, lol...
                          For the cast iron crown I used 6011 rods. Was going to use cast iron welding rods sana but its very expensive (180/rod at nihonweld t. Alonzo). Since I got a box of 6011 rods I tried using it knowing its deep penetration quality. It did the job welding the crown on the chair :-) the spindle however are not cast iron so I used 6013 on them.

                          ----------------
                          Yamato 200 Amp AC Arc Welder
                          Powercraft PIW201i 200 Amp DC Arc Welder
                          Makita 9556NB Angle Grinders
                          Bosch GSB16RE Drill
                          Bosch Power Sander
                          Dewalt Cordless Drill
                          Dewalt D7610 Chop Saw
                          Powercraft Auto Dimming Helmet
                          ----------------
                          Sent from my Samsung Note 2 using Tapatalk Beta 4 for Android
                          Last edited by amboy; 09-12-2013, 01:52 PM.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Re: Powercraft PIW200 Review w/ pics

                            Originally posted by willyfernando View Post
                            Would you mean Eutectic welding rods? I use them to repair my broken cast iron parts of my machineries. Very expensive and sensitive to moisture and humidity but they hold very well.
                            Yes sir, nickel-alloy rod in particular.

                            Originally posted by amboy View Post
                            For the cast iron crown I used 6011 rods. Was going to use cast iron welding rods sana but its very expensive (180/rod at nihonweld t. Alonzo). Since I got a box of 6011 rods I tried using it knowing its deep penetration quality. It did the job welding the crown on the chair :-) the spindle however are not cast iron so I used 6013 on them.
                            Thanks!
                            Time to experiment with some 6011 (BestWeld BW-11) I have ziplocced away.
                            I hadn't touched it for fear of how aggressive it might be (burn-through).

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by rosy View Post
                              Thanks bro amboy for the pics, hehehe a sneak preview of your current metal projects, AYOS !!!

                              Nakaka inggit project mo, ang sarap sigurong gawin yan lalo na very cool ang weather dyan sa Baguio !!! HEHEHE
                              Thanks bro rosy :-) hehe yup the cool weather really helps a lot :-D

                              ----------------
                              Yamato 200 Amp AC Arc Welder
                              Powercraft PIW201i 200 Amp DC Arc Welder
                              Makita 9556NB Angle Grinders
                              Bosch GSB16RE Drill
                              Bosch Power Sander
                              Dewalt Cordless Drill
                              Dewalt D7610 Chop Saw
                              Powercraft Auto Dimming Helmet
                              ----------------
                              Sent from my Samsung Note 2 using Tapatalk Beta 4 for Android

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Just an update guys... after 33 chairs re-fabricated and about 8 kilos worth of welding rods (6013 and 6011) operating mostly within the range of 70 to 85 amps, the Powercraft has performed flawless, no OC, no stutter. Will post pics of the chairs as it is now being painted :-)
                                I intend to open up my Powercraft to inspect the inside and to do some light cleaning inside (mainly blowing air from my compressor). Will post pics of that too.

                                ----------------------------------
                                Posted using Samsung Note 2 on Tapatalk 4 for Android
                                Last edited by amboy; 09-27-2013, 07:04 AM.

                                Comment

                                Related Articles

                                Collapse


                                Collapse
                                • Filter
                                • Time
                                • Show
                                • New Topics
                                Clear All
                                new posts
                                No content found
                                Show More
                                • Filter
                                • Time
                                • Show
                                • New Topics
                                Clear All
                                new posts
                                Please log in to your account to view your subscribed posts.

                                Related Articles

                                Collapse

                                Working...
                                X