X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reddydeleon
    started a topic sandblasting 101

sandblasting 101

any ideas to consider? im planning to get into it? what should by my compressors? media? blaster gun? tnx guys..

• Velocitor
    replied
    bros,

where to buy blasting media here in PH?

Leave a comment:

• liteace
    replied
    Re: sandblasting 101

mga sir ordinary na sand lang ang ginagamit sa sandblasting?

Leave a comment:

• reddydeleon
    replied

just installed my air regulator on the side... my water trap will be installed directly to my compressor? or should my water trap and regulator be next to each other?

Leave a comment:

• reddydeleon
    replied

tnx sir bryant.. i already brought my gun.. just to give u an idea here it is..https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

here's my cabinet..https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

Leave a comment:

• bryant77
    replied

Reddy,

4hp compressor will be good enough. In the shop we're only using 3HP Fuji compressor.

You need to consider the sandblasting nozzle and media you will be using. There are several types of nozzle that will fit your requirement. Aluminum Ceramic Oxide, Tungsten Carbide and Boron Carbide. It has a corresponding service life. The best you can have is the boron carbide nozzle that has a service life of 200-1000 hrs (approximate service life).

Here is the literature that will guide you in selecting nozzle. http://www.kennametal.com/content/da...Catalog_EN.pdf

That's the company where we purchased our nozzle for sandblasting. It's cheaper to order in the US than Singapore.

I've seen sandblasting equipment at Vic Steel in Aurora Blvd (near TIP) similar to this.
    http://www.aliexpress.com/item/10-Ga...019337208.html

Upgrade mo na lang yun nozzle niya. Im sure na low end yun nozzle na kasama sa package.

Happy Sandblasting.
    Last edited by bryant77; 09-24-2013, 08:58 AM.

Leave a comment:

• reddydeleon
    replied

nice blaster sir jayl.. mukhang mamahalin... tnx sir willy for the advice.. sir joe plans ko pa naman po mgblast ng mga frames? should nozzle sizes make diffrence or more tank capacity? i order a powercraft 4hp with 145-175 psi as stated on the brochure with 150 lit tank..

Leave a comment:

• joe833a
    replied

Hi guys,
    I just wanted to add my 2 cents here on sand blasting. In Canada I had a 35 gallon pr minute shop compressor with a 7 1/2 hp motor. I could sandblast small parts, but not enough air for doing panels or rims etc. I also had a 150 cfm tow behind compressor with a 1 " discharge line. It worked fine for most jobs I had. What it boils down to is what you plan on doing, because a small 4 hp unit won't do much at all. Good for a nail gun and filling tires etc. I have a 2.5 hp compressor here and it won't even run with a plasma cutter. I do think the glass work will work out fine, because of the small nature of your projects. Sorry if I am throwing poor news your way, but this is my personal experience. Best of luck.

Leave a comment:

• willyfernando
    replied

The main breaker supplying the distribution lines at 60 Amps should be able to handle the entire load that it carries. Connecting the 4HP compressor to the main breaker directly is not advisable. Though the wire or line won't overheat, it won't cut-off or trip either due to the over capacity of the breaker rating over the load. My estimate for a 4HP motor more or less consumes about 24 Amps so it should pass through a smaller branch of about 20 Amps for it to be able to trip power just in case over current happens, say the motor overheats or seizes or the fan belt accidentally jams. The wire may exhibit a slight increase in temperature but at least it should be slightly warm to touch and safe enough to operate. Correct me if I am wrong about the exact rating figures but you get the principle behind it.

Adding to what JayL said about dry air, the blasting media is sensitive to moisture so a modest Air and Water separator can help if you can't afford an Air Dryer.

Leave a comment:

• JayL
    replied

Welcome to the forum bro.

When you can't bring the work to the blasting cabinet then this tool will work fine.

Zendex Speedblaster

A 3 HP 60 Gal compressor is good enough to drive the above blasting gun.

If I was to think about serious sand blasting then I would get a compressor not smaller than a 5 HP 60 or 80 Gal double stage @ 175 PSI. The other factor to think hard about is how to keep the air dry. Moisture will wreck havoc on sand blasting as the media tends to cake .

Leave a comment:

• rosy
    replied

HEHEHEHE, Sobrang overkill na yan gauge 8 stranded, it can supply already electricity to a whole house !!!

Leave a comment:

• reddydeleon
    replied

tnx sir.. with 60 ampere breaker...muntik nko mag guage 8..

Leave a comment:

• rosy
    replied

YUP bro that will do just fine, tamang tama ang laking wire mo and that gauge 10 can surely supply electricity to other power tools without any over heating of the wires.

Leave a comment:

• reddydeleon
    replied

tnx sir balarila.. sana po this october maumpisan ko na! to update ive just finish my shop electrical wiring.. mga sir ok na po ba yung guage 10 na wire from the main post to my 4hp air compressor?

Leave a comment:

• balarila
    replied

Good luck on sandblasting, Reddy. That seems like like new territory in this forum

I am from Malabon, too. Lived in Longos and went to Tonsuya Elementary School.

I know hat you mean about oxidation. My family used to repair and repaint our car every year due to corrosion. Hindi pa kasi uso nung araw ang rust protection .

Leave a comment:

Related Articles

Collapse

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
  • New Topics
Clear All
No content found
Show More
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
  • New Topics
Clear All
Please log in to your account to view your subscribed posts.

Related Articles

Collapse

Working...
X