Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where can I find a Stanley dovetail saw?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where can I find a Stanley dovetail saw?

I was about to buy a Stanley Dovetail saw with a blade length of 10 inches and blade thickness of like 0.02" something like. it's only 400php, but they are OUT OF STOCK!
    I'm actually looking for one, If you happen to know some shops or some who sell dovetail saw, please let me know, I'm dying to have one, It will be used for Guitar Building,
    So I really need some thin saw for it.

Or do you think there is somewhere else here in PH sell the same Stanley Dovetail Saw
    Actual image below
    Stanley Dovetail Saw

Luthier wannabe here, pero haven't made one yet. (Have just collected tools and wood.)

Ok, wait for the coming days, i'll check my tool stash if i have one to spare. Should be old stock and not have much rust. 700bucks. (Yung sa pic, shop use ko, rusty from years of use so hindi ko ibebenta at nakakahiya. Nakalagay sa baul naman yung tool stash ko. The other alternative i know is hunting and asking at t. alonzo in binondo and/or checking hans tools in pioneer mandaluyong.)

I can only do meetups in robinsons place ermita (am in cavite pa) if interested.

One hitch tho you might not realize is that dovetail saw are rip tooth. Haven't checked but for making fret slots we need crosscut teeth to prevent blowouts. http://www.blackburntools.com/articl...try/index.html

Here are my dovetail saws in the shop. My tool stash spare is a duplicate of the one on the bottom.

EDIT: I think someone is selling saws at cab1net.com too . Do check if they haven't been snapped up. http://www.cab1net.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=23

Last edited by owyn; 01-09-2017, 08:06 AM.

Comment

owyn
      That's a big help! Thanks man! I am actually interested, If you still have that 700bucks(php?) let me know bro. 09484154240
      For now I'm not willing to get a 1k+ higher dovetail saw. Maybe sooner but not now. Lol. Thanks man! Hoping for you response sooner.

Comment

Ugh,, I can't still find a Stanley dovetail saw.

Comment

Stanley dovetail saws if ever they are available are poorly made nowadays. Get yourself either a Veritas or a Lie Nielsen or a Japanese dovetail saw. Cry once, smile forever!
          The devil will find work for idle hands to do.-Morrissey

Comment

{"data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"87043","data-size":"custom"}{"data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"87044","data-size":"large"}
            Originally posted by vovobass View Post
            Ugh,, I can't still find a Stanley dovetail saw.
            I have this one, I'm not sure of the plate thickness I will need to touch it up a bit, pm me if you're interested.
            Attached Files

Comment

Related Articles

Collapse

Collapse
            • Filter
            • Time
            • Show
            • New Topics
            Clear All
            No content found
            Show More
            • Filter
            • Time
            • Show
            • New Topics
            Clear All
            Please log in to your account to view your subscribed posts.

Related Articles

Collapse

Working...
            X