SUV/Pick-up build

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SUV/Pick-up build

I am a steel and plate fabricator doing mostly structural and pressure vessel works with around 10-12 years experience. I am also a draftsman and currently working here in Saudi Arabia. at first I'm planning a project to build/assemble jeep wrangler. there's a lot of body kits and parts available in the Philippines so i guess it will be less difficult to do. but I'm also thinking, there's already a lot of jeep knock-offs in the Philippines. so I am thinking (again and I hope my idea is not crazy enough) why not an SUV or a pick-up truck instead. I haven't seen a decent locally assembled or fabricated one so maybe its a good project to undertake. I've seen on the internet some military type SUV than can be modified and scaled down for civilian use. I'm talking about the GURKHA the black one (the one used by The Rock in Fast5) or UAE's NIMR (the olive green one)

for those experienced in car building here, what problems do you think i would encounter in this build and what suggestions or advise can you give. I'm hoping to start this project early next year and any advise will be a big help. Thanks in advance.

Wow....Sounds like a Great Project!!
    No, I am not experienced in car building...but, I would say that your observations are very accurate!
    As always, One will never appreciate all the challenges until the project is in progress!
    Best to you on your idea!!
    Cheers!
    Last edited by Paul_S; 07-09-2016, 10:37 PM.

Comment

After some research regarding my planned build, my best option is to buy an old owner type jeep (OTJ) with good running engine and under chassis. Then design and build a body. this way i can eliminate the hassle of mixing and matching engine and parts to make it running. i already have a design and it's kinda like a frankenstine monster LOL. I mean i have taken design ideas or part from different vehicle that i think will look good (at least for me)
      .Click image for larger version

Name:	front.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	106.0 KB
ID:	85774
      the wheel are exagerated in my sketches

Click image for larger version

Name:	rear.jpg
Size:	14.6 KB
ID:	85773

Click image for larger version

Name:	side.jpg
Size:	104.8 KB
ID:	85772

now i have to plan when and how to start this project

#owner_type_jeep #otj2016 #jeepgoals
      Last edited by Wahoo; 08-06-2016, 08:18 PM.

Comment

great project and a very challenging one Wahoo

Comment

jantech yes it is challenging,that's why im doing all the research to make it a litte simple and easy. i hope my steel fabrication experience can help me through with this project. i need help on the mechanical and electrical side though. maybe ill attack this step by step like first engine conditioning, 2nd - body work, 3rd - electricals/electronics, 4th - AC and insulation then lastly - enjoy the ride haha if it's only that simple

Comment

Related Articles

Collapse

Collapse
          • Filter
          • Time
          • Show
          • New Topics
          Clear All
          No content found
          Show More
          • Filter
          • Time
          • Show
          • New Topics
          Clear All
          Please log in to your account to view your subscribed posts.

Related Articles

Collapse

Working...
          X