Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• windshield or glass scratches

[EDIT]
    Original message was modified by a spammer/bot. (how is that possible?)

I deleted the spam message. Unfortunately ruel_g's original message is lost forever.

Last edited by joey81; 11-27-2017, 10:37 PM.

ruel_g, the problem with scratches on windshield is that it leaves water marks when you clean your car and after it dries. another problem is when its raining, no matter how good is your wiper, water will always remain on the windshield, it does not freely flow downwards.

if this is your goal in removing the scratches, then you don't need to buff it. buffing will not remove the scratches especially if they are a bit deep. the solution is to use some coating material (e.g. Rain-X or any similar product in the market) to cover the scratches with a thin layer of coat so that water will freely flow down the windshield.

hope this info helps ... cheers

Boo!
    DIYers Innovate ...

Comment

• ruel_g
      ruel_g commented
      Editing a comment
      salamat sir

red box shows polished area. that's cerium oxide powder

it'll only work if the scratches aren't deep i.e. if you almost can't feel it w/ your fingernails
    Last edited by Velocitor; 11-22-2017, 09:30 PM.

Comment

Velocitor, is there a similar tool/attachment for drills that i can use to scrub the water marks from my toilet bowl away, something effective but won't scratch the ceramic...

Comment

Originally posted by Bugadenk View Post
        Velocitor, is there a similar tool/attachment for drills that i can use to scrub the water marks from my toilet bowl away, something effective but won't scratch the ceramic...

good question! i need such a thing also

try automotive rubbing compounds then use the same buffing wheel that i used

Comment

Need also that buffing drill bit/attachment. Where did you get that ? :/

Comment

Related Articles

Collapse

Collapse
          • Filter
          • Time
          • Show
          • New Topics
          Clear All
          No content found
          Show More
          • Filter
          • Time
          • Show
          • New Topics
          Clear All
          Please log in to your account to view your subscribed posts.

Related Articles

Collapse

Working...
          X