DOT mark on brand new tires ...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DOT mark on brand new tires ...

something i learned the other day while searching for scooter tires (120/90-10 and 130/90-10) here in south cotobato.

the DOT marking on brand new tires tells you when the tire was manufactured. its a 4 digit code, the first 2 is for the week (01-52) it was made and the last 2 digits is for the year. example 4206 means the tire was made on week 42 (around Oct) of 2006.
    for brand new tires, never buy any tire that is more than 10 years old. experts say that the materials reliability has already change over time even if it has not been used.
    i found this out when a shop here in marbel was selling me his last unit of 130/90-10 for 1.8K. i told the salesman, i wanted a new one and explained to him the DOT mark on the tire. he insisted its just a number and should not affect the performance of the tire as its a brand new tire.
    i can't do much for people who does not even understand the product that they are selling. so i just walk away and told him i'll look at some other places :-)
    the DOT is there for a reason, its not just a number, its a guide for the consumer to know how long the product has been made and has not been used or bought ... think of it as a way to know the expiry date of brand new tires :-) ... cheers

Boo!

Good to know next time I'm in need of some tires. Thanks for sharing your knowledge Boo!

Comment

Related Articles

Collapse

Collapse
    • Filter
    • Time
    • Show
    • New Topics
    Clear All

• Tekinex
      started a topic Airconditioning guide

Airconditioning guide

Hi guys. Im kinda new in this forums but i am in an airconditioning company for a long time.

Here is my views and opinions in a/c since it...
      See more | Go to post
      Last edited by Tekinex; Today, 01:03 AM. Reason: Ongoing Updates regarding a/c and questions will be entertained

• Tekinex
      started a topic Looking for various materials

Looking for various materials

Im looking for various raw materials for my small projects this summer. Below are the list of raw materials needed.*

-Clear Casting Resin...
      See more | Go to post
      Last edited by Tekinex; 03-20-2017, 03:04 AM. Reason: Will start a small workshop soon if it turns out well.
    No content found
    Show More
    • Filter
    • Time
    • Show
    • New Topics
    Clear All
    Please log in to your account to view your subscribed posts.

Related Articles

Collapse

Working...
    X