Forum

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Looking at Hitronic TIG200A 2-in-1 ARC/TIG...

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
(@swordsman)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Good day guys. While going over the website of Goldpeak, checking out their current inverter arc welding machines, and i saw they also have a Hitronic TIG200A 2-in-1 ARC/TIG. And i was curious on your opinions on these 2 in 1 machines if these would be better for future diy works or just get a specific machine for specific metal works? Am i right to assume that this machine can do ARC welding and TIG welding with similar result as if you used a specific machine of the same amperage?

Posted : 16/05/2018 2:19 pm
rosy
 rosy
(@rosy)

Bro, HiTronic welding machines are fine welding machines from Stick to Tig and up to Mig.
Now for your DIY use its gonna be an advantage if you have two processes of welding in
your arsenal. At first you can practice with stick welding, refining your skills in that area while you on the other hand slowly preparing the necessary consumables for your Tig little by little.

Yes that machine can do ARC welding and Tig welding, its a 2-in-1 machine. Doing the Arc welding process will just be as simple as, you just have to have the needed welding electrodes and you are good to go.
Now with the Tig function, firstly you will need a tank of argon gas, then some filler rods and some tungsten for your torch gun, with this process it will be a bit expensive specially the argon tank, the filler rods and tungsten are manageable, many from LAZADA.

Well if you will purchase this machine for future metal projects, then go go go and good luck !!

:2thumbsup: :goodluck: :2thumbsup:

CIGWELD Weldskill 250 amp Mig Welder
AHP Alpha-TIG 200X welder
HITRONIC 300 Amp DC Inverter IGBT Welder
YAMATO 300 amp AC Stick Welder
YAMATO 200 amp DC Inverter IGBT Welder
DeWALT Chopsaw
HOBART and ESAB Welding Helmets
cloned STIHLs
MS 044 chainsaw
MS 070 chainsaw

Posted : 17/05/2018 1:00 pm
(@swordsman)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Thanks sir rosy for your valuable input as always. I was actually just considering ARC only machine(250A or 300A), but the price of the Tig+ARC machine is not too far. By the way, would you have any idea of the price of the smallest argon tank(and refill), for hobbyist/household use only?

Posted : 18/05/2018 11:20 pm
rosy
 rosy
(@rosy)

I am not sure bro if there are smaller argon tanks being sold by gas dealers.
What I have is a full size 5ft tall argon tank. my supplier would charge me
6K for any cylinder I need like for Mig use, or Oxy-Acetylene use( empty tank )
now the contents vary in prices. Its 2K for argon gas, pinaka mahal sa lahat,
Co2, acetylene, Oxygene and mixed gas are all below 1 thousand pesos.

I hope this helps !! :2thumbsup:

CIGWELD Weldskill 250 amp Mig Welder
AHP Alpha-TIG 200X welder
HITRONIC 300 Amp DC Inverter IGBT Welder
YAMATO 300 amp AC Stick Welder
YAMATO 200 amp DC Inverter IGBT Welder
DeWALT Chopsaw
HOBART and ESAB Welding Helmets
cloned STIHLs
MS 044 chainsaw
MS 070 chainsaw

Posted : 19/05/2018 4:39 am