Smoker / Barbecue Grill Aug 27, 2012

7 Posts
3 Users
0 Reactions
JayL
 JayL
(@jayl)
Topic starter

Today was the third time my Symbo asked me about the Barbecue Grill or Smoker I wanted to build. I remember mentioning it to her even before I purchased my Mig Welder.

For now I bought a backup unit until I can get my act together and build her a good one.

Please post any info you have on Smokers and Barbecue Grills. As of today I don't have a plan or the materials to use yet.

For sure I will need a drum or something like that ..... LOL

Millermatic 180 Autoset Mig Welder
Miller Spoolmate 100 Spool Gun
Victor Firepower 350 Oxy Ace Outfit
3M Speedglas 9002X AD Helmet
Makita LC1230 Dry Cut Saw
Ingersoll Rand Air Tools
Snap On Tools
Metabo Power Tools
Norseman Drill Cutting Tools
Bosch Power Tools
3M PPS

Posted : 27/08/2012 11:35 pm
rosy
 rosy
(@rosy)

Re: Smoker / Barbecue Grill Aug 27, 2012

Well I guess we pinoys have different and simple ways when it comes to grilling or "ihaw ihaw" thing. A simple stainless or metal parilyas placed on top of some large stones or some hollow blocks will just do during gatherings or fiesta. Maybe we are not much of a smoker/barbecue grill fabricator but I have a link here of several fabricated grills that may inspire you or maybe get some ideas when the time comes that you decide to make one for yourself or for swmbo ! 😉 🙂

http://www.google.com.ph/search?q=smoker+barbecue+grill&hl=fil&prmd=imvnse&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=4Es8UPmVF-mgmQXHtYDwDQ&ved=0CDAQsAQ&biw=1366&bih=667

CIGWELD Weldskill 250 amp Mig Welder
AHP Alpha-TIG 200X welder
HITRONIC 300 Amp DC Inverter IGBT Welder
YAMATO 300 amp AC Stick Welder
YAMATO 200 amp DC Inverter IGBT Welder
DeWALT Chopsaw
HOBART and ESAB Welding Helmets
cloned STIHLs
MS 044 chainsaw
MS 070 chainsaw

Posted : 28/08/2012 1:01 pm
JayL
 JayL
(@jayl)
Topic starter

Thanks for the links bro. Bookmarked.

First off I think I would plan around a medium sized one.

Ingersoll Rand Air Tools
Snap On Tools
Metabo Power Tools
Bosch Power Tools
3M PPS

Posted : 28/08/2012 2:35 pm
(@vrcinfo)
Trusted Member

Well I guess we pinoys have different and simple ways when it comes to grilling or "ihaw ihaw" thing. A simple stainless or metal parilyas placed on top of some large stones or some hollow blocks will just do during gatherings or fiesta. Maybe we are not much of a smoker/barbecue grill fabricator but I have a link here of several fabricated grills that may inspire you or maybe get some ideas when the time comes that you decide to make one for yourself or for swmbo ! 😉 🙂

http://www.google.com.ph/search?q=smoker+barbecue+grill&hl=fil&prmd=imvnse&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=4Es8UPmVF-mgmQXHtYDwDQ&ved=0CDAQsAQ&biw=1366&bih=667

Got an idea out of this. Thanks to your posts. I have an old LPG like cylinder but did not contain LPG before. Its been sitting in our attic for more than a decade now. Maybe i'll cut it as in the posted images. Problem is whats the best equipment to cut it clean?

Posted : 04/09/2012 12:48 pm
JayL
 JayL
(@jayl)
Topic starter

Got an idea out of this. Thanks to your posts. I have an old LPG like cylinder but did not contain LPG before. Its been sitting in our attic for more than a decade now. Maybe i'll cut it as in the posted images. Problem is whats the best equipment to cut it clean?

Bro be Careful .... research it very very well. It is very dangerous to cut it.

That said I've been reading a lot about this in www.weldingweb.com & www.millerwelds.com.

Ingersoll Rand Air Tools
Snap On Tools
Metabo Power Tools
Bosch Power Tools
3M PPS

Posted : 04/09/2012 12:53 pm
rosy
 rosy
(@rosy)

All I can say is be VERY CAREFUL in doing so, kinda very dangerous if you ask me. I was about to suggest this to bro JayL before, am glad I did not because just last night or the other night, there was this news on channel 7 or 2 of an accident when two boys were trying to open or cut up an empty LPG cylinder in a junk shop somewhere in Manila and suddenly the cylinder exploded 😮 ouch, ouch,ouch !! The two boys were hospitalized for some 1st or 2nd degree burns on their faces and some parts of their bodies. 🙁

Bro think twice or thrice before deciding to pursue your plan with that empty LPG cylinder, baka may konting gas pa yan sa loob. Just make sure na sumingaw na lahat ng liquified gas !!!!!!!!!

CIGWELD Weldskill 250 amp Mig Welder
AHP Alpha-TIG 200X welder
HITRONIC 300 Amp DC Inverter IGBT Welder
YAMATO 300 amp AC Stick Welder
YAMATO 200 amp DC Inverter IGBT Welder
DeWALT Chopsaw
HOBART and ESAB Welding Helmets
cloned STIHLs
MS 044 chainsaw
MS 070 chainsaw

Posted : 04/09/2012 3:53 pm
(@vrcinfo)
Trusted Member

I appreciate very much your concerns. I'll do the best to make everything safe. Its just an idea for now coz there are more priority projects to be done. Thanks to you all.

Posted : 04/09/2012 10:00 pm
Share: