Asea 200TIG, DC tig welder

76 Posts
19 Users
0 Reactions
timber715
(@timber715)
Topic starter

Re: Asea 200TIG, DC tig welder

Hi timb since madali naman iadjust yang tig welder mo you can try slowly increasing the current, sabi welder ko dapat matunaw konti yung materials to be welded para magdikit.minsan Hindi enough yung rod Lang. And also you can have the shop teach you techniques, they even offer you on site tutorials doon para electricity nila gamit mo while practicing lol
Posted via PHM Mobile

thanks brader, youtube has been very helpful in that regard. but without the Argon, all I can do is arc welds muna. another 8k cash outlay is needed for argon (Ar or another way of putting it is arrrrgh:hiya:) so until the extra cash improves, Argon and tig welding can wait a bit more.... besides, I still don't have filler rods :starwars:

click my signature and it will take you there........

Posted : 12/08/2011 11:47 am
JayL
 JayL
(@jayl)

If you're not going to weld a lot then have you check the smaller tank prices too?

Millermatic 180 Autoset Mig Welder
Miller Spoolmate 100 Spool Gun
Victor Firepower 350 Oxy Ace Outfit
3M Speedglas 9002X AD Helmet
Makita LC1230 Dry Cut Saw
Ingersoll Rand Air Tools
Snap On Tools
Metabo Power Tools
Norseman Drill Cutting Tools
Bosch Power Tools
3M PPS

Posted : 12/08/2011 1:04 pm
timber715
(@timber715)
Topic starter

If you're not going to weld a lot then have you check the smaller tank prices too?

that is correct. Someone might be willing to send me a smallish tank for Argon soon... :rave:

Posted : 13/08/2011 1:10 am
(@willy1467)
Estimable Member

now ready to weld some....

Ganda Sir Timber ng new toy mo! So you've finally crossed over to the metal side.
Maybe it's time na rin na muling mag-aral mag weld. I have an arc welder collecting dust.
ADH na lang kulang ko.
Sarap siguro mag TIG and mag MIG weld.

Hey Jon, metal naman for a change.

Posted : 13/08/2011 4:39 pm
rosy
 rosy
(@rosy)

HEY timbs I forgot to give my comments on your first weld done on the pipes, post page no.20, ok, your welds looks so bad he he he he but that is understandable that was your first try, I think most of us using this tool passed also at that stage during our first try also, so ok lang yan, as I see it and closely look at it parang nag weld ka parin without totally removing the slag, its as if magka halo parin sila, if you will observe closely at the welds, ang daming small pin hole or bula sa palibot, I think the black portions are still some slags that needs to be removed, tiktikin mo pa kaya para maalis, anyway this is not a critism against you, I'm just voicing out my observation on the finished weld you posted, just maybe to enlighten you on the so called mistakes. 😮 😉

After the completion of the first pass, do completely remove the slag or uling above then wirebrush the surface to expose the finished weld beads, then you can now make the second pass para sure ang pagtunaw at pag dikit ng mga bakal, hope this will help too. 😀

Usually if you are using the 6013 welding rod, may it be nihonweld or wipweld or other brands, this rod is made for higher amperage, pag mababa ang gamit mong amperage sa 6013, you will not achieve a continues arc, pahinto hinto yan or pupugak pugak ang apoy sa dulo ng welding rod. 🙁

CIGWELD Weldskill 250 amp Mig Welder
AHP Alpha-TIG 200X welder
HITRONIC 300 Amp DC Inverter IGBT Welder
YAMATO 300 amp AC Stick Welder
YAMATO 200 amp DC Inverter IGBT Welder
DeWALT Chopsaw
HOBART and ESAB Welding Helmets
cloned STIHLs
MS 044 chainsaw
MS 070 chainsaw

Posted : 13/08/2011 9:09 pm
timber715
(@timber715)
Topic starter

HEY timbs I forgot to give my comments on your first weld done on the pipes, post page no.20, ok, your welds looks so bad he he he he but that is understandable that was your first try, I think most of us using this tool passed also at that stage during our first try also, so ok lang yan, as I see it and closely look at it parang nag weld ka parin without totally removing the slag, its as if magka halo parin sila, if you will observe closely at the welds, ang daming small pin hole or bula sa palibot, I think the black portions are still some slags that needs to be removed, tiktikin mo pa kaya para maalis, anyway this is not a critism against you, I'm just voicing out my observation on the finished weld you posted, just maybe to enlighten you on the so called mistakes. 😮 😉

After the completion of the first pass, do completely remove the slag or uling above then wirebrush the surface to expose the finished weld beads, then you can now make the second pass para sure ang pagtunaw at pag dikit ng mga bakal, hope this will help too.

Usually if you are using the 6013 welding rod, may it be nihonweld or wipweld or other brands, this rod is made for higher amperage, pag mababa ang gamit mong amperage sa 6013, you will not achieve a continues arc, pahinto hinto yan or pupugak pugak ang apoy sa dulo ng welding rod.

hehehe, halata pala. that is correct Rosy, I didn't clean much before second welding, third, fourth and so on... heheheh... but that is how I like em. know how to do it wrong and try to find out why and how to correct them.
got some instructional videos already and reading up so I know how to do it right. Never thought there is so much to learn. never knew that the angle to hold the rod could affect your weld in many ways...
waiting for a grinder and test/practice materials before I go down and dirty with it...

Posted : 13/08/2011 9:37 pm
JayL
 JayL
(@jayl)

the angle grinder is your friend .... loaded with a wire wheel

Ingersoll Rand Air Tools
Snap On Tools
Metabo Power Tools
Bosch Power Tools
3M PPS

Posted : 13/08/2011 10:30 pm
(@jonathanscruz68)
Noble Member

Maybe it's time na rin na muling mag-aral mag weld. I have an arc welder collecting dust.
ADH na lang kulang ko.
Sarap siguro mag TIG and mag MIG weld.

Hey Jon, metal naman for a change.

nood nood, basa basa, observe observe, muna sa mga mgagaling dito...

tsaka nandyan ka naman classmate, para tulungan ako sa welding know how...

see you sa eb ...

Posted : 13/08/2011 10:44 pm
timber715
(@timber715)
Topic starter

Did I mention ASEA has a 20% discount on all welders until the end of Oct 2011? Well they do, just mention that you are a PHM member and tell them that timber sent you (sabay ilag):matrix: With this dicount you get to the same price level of other brands but better quality :party: So what are you waiting for?:rave:

Posted : 14/10/2011 3:26 pm
(@treborgz)

that is correct. Someone might be willing to send me a smallish tank for Argon soon... :rave:

newbie here. caloocan gas sells argon gas for 2K while you can have the standard tank for 5K as deposit. no expiry for the deposit.

Posted : 08/02/2012 9:31 pm
JayL
 JayL
(@jayl)

newbie here. caloocan gas sells argon gas for 2K while you can have the standard tank for 5K as deposit. no expiry for the deposit.

Bro ... where is your location? Do you have new tanks?

Can you quote me the standard and the next size down. Pure Argon content. You can PM me the prices.

Thanks

Ingersoll Rand Air Tools
Snap On Tools
Metabo Power Tools
Bosch Power Tools
3M PPS

Posted : 08/02/2012 10:30 pm
(@nukehead)
Eminent Member

sir magkano po ang ganitog unit?

just do it work it make it!:gun:

Posted : 18/03/2012 12:01 am
timber715
(@timber715)
Topic starter

best call them brader, price might have changed already

Octo Power Tools
H-06 MC Home Depot, Ortigas Avenue
Quezon City, Metro Manila, Philippines
Telephone: (632) 470 1786 and 9901523

Posted : 18/03/2012 12:36 am
(@balarila)
Noble Member

They do have a webpage which mentions a price but was not specific to which model that price is.

Here: http://www.sulit.com.ph/index.php/view+classifieds/id/4560252/No+1+ASEA+Digital+TIG+Welder_+OCTO+POWER+TOOLS?referralKeywords=Asea+tig

Whichever, looks like metalworking is still far on my horizon as this obviously will require a new wave of expenses!

That's my own way of calming my strong "inggit" on Timber's new toy.

Congrats, Timb! It's fun watching you fumble on welding. You are mortal after all!
Posted via PHM Mobile

Posted : 18/03/2012 8:45 am
(@nukehead)
Eminent Member

They do have a webpage which mentions a price but was not specific to which model that price is.

Here: http://www.sulit.com.ph/index.php/view+classifieds/id/4560252/No+1+ASEA+Digital+TIG+Welder_+OCTO+POWER+TOOLS?referralKeywords=Asea+tig

Whichever, looks like metalworking is still far on my horizon as this obviously will require a new wave of expenses!

That's my own way of calming my strong "inggit" on Timber's new toy.

Congrats, Timb! It's fun watching you fumble on welding. You are mortal after all!
Posted via PHM Mobile

Thanks, yup me too gusto ko na din itry mag tig... aral aral muna heheh

just do it work it make it!:gun:

Posted : 18/03/2012 1:19 pm
Page 3 / 6
Share: