Asea 200TIG, DC tig welder

76 Posts
19 Users
0 Reactions
jarod
(@jarod)
Noble Member

Re: Asea 200TIG, DC tig welder

...I always thought I would need a TIG welder if I want it pluggable into home outlets...

If others won't mind,

Ninong Ding, the most probable reason why a welding machine is "pluggable" is because it is "DC" mode. Most bulky welders that you see which requires another outlet provision are the older "AC" types. Aside from being pluggable, DC are relatively lighter than AC which makes them a great portable tool.

Please do correct if needed.

For more of the latest tools, deals and tips - click HERE

Posted : 20/03/2012 11:38 am
rosy
 rosy
(@rosy)

@ balarila,

YES and YES parin ding, having a portable welding machine really comes in handy, very handy in the house or a workshop. There are things or projects that concerns metal and if you don't have the machine and no knowledge on welding, more often than non, you won't push through with the project. B U T ,if you have that machine, wow! you will get addicted to it making several even small personal projects for the house specially for the creative minded people. 💡

HEHEHEHE, AM I SOUNDING LIKE TRYING TO BE CONVINCING YOU BRO DING ? HEHEHEHE

The ASEA 160 amps is a nice machine for starters, it is a DC INVERTER type of machine that can be plugged-in in ordinary electrical outlets, yes its only 12K, but hold your horses bro if you really intend to buy one, let's gather muna interested PHM members wanting also to buy from OCTO POWERTOOLS their welding machines, I think it would be better if maging bulk purchase ang mangyari, bigger the chance of promo discounts for PHM members. Let's discuss this matter with timber, maybe he can pull some strings here. :poke:

But if only I or you have the extra cash I will choose the ASEA 200 DC TIG INVERTER, why ?
because though this machine will do the same function as the 160Amp DC welder, the former has a higher amperage which can be used for STICK welding likewise for TIG WELDING ON THIN SHEET METALS LIKE COPPER, BRASS, STAINLESS and Ordinary GALVANIZED thin sheets. Its like two functions already in one welding machine. :chopper:

bro ding check this out also,
link : http://www.sulit.com.ph/index.php/view+classifieds/id/2248797/Rilon+Heavy+Duty+Portable+Welding+Machine+-+DC+Inverter+200A?referralKeywords=rilon+welding+machine
Its the same price but with a HIGHER AMPERAGE, also a good brand and affordable.

or this one bro,
link: http://www.sulit.com.ph/index.php/view+classifieds/id/1755097/PROMO%3A+Rilon+Heavy+Duty+Portable+160A++Inverter+Welding+Machine?referralKeywords=rilon+welding+machine
This one is cheaper by 2K but with a LOWER AMPERAGE, which is also 160 amps, more affordable.

CIGWELD Weldskill 250 amp Mig Welder
AHP Alpha-TIG 200X welder
HITRONIC 300 Amp DC Inverter IGBT Welder
YAMATO 300 amp AC Stick Welder
YAMATO 200 amp DC Inverter IGBT Welder
DeWALT Chopsaw
HOBART and ESAB Welding Helmets
cloned STIHLs
MS 044 chainsaw
MS 070 chainsaw

Posted : 20/03/2012 12:16 pm
rosy
 rosy
(@rosy)

@ joey81,

I guess the 160amps will not be as strong as compared to the higher amperage welders. It has its limitations in terms of welding applications like you cannot use it continuously for hours of welding, you have to rest the machine for maybe 15 to 30 minutes and wait for it to cool down. 🙁

This lower amperage machines are good for spots, tacks and stitch welding, but for prolong periods, its warning light will start to blink so you have to rest the machine. :confused:

@ jarod,

The reason these welding machines available now in the market are " pluggable " in any ordinary electrical sockets is because of their new INVERTER SYSTEM TECHNOLOGY, its not because its a DC welder, there are AC/DC or DC WELDERS with indusdrial grade amperage like 300amp to 600amp that still need to be connected to a main safety switch or circuit breakers.
😉 :rolleyes:

DeWALT Chopsaw
cloned STIHLs
MS 044 chainsaw
MS 070 chainsaw

Posted : 20/03/2012 12:48 pm
(@jonathanscruz68)
Noble Member

[ YES and YES parin ding, having a portable welding machine really comes in handy, very handy in the house or a workshop. There are things or projects that concerns metal and if you don't have the machine and no knowledge on welding, more often than non, you won't push through with the project. B U T ,if you have that machine, wow! you will get addicted to it making several even small personal projects for the house specially for the creative minded people. ]

what comes into my mind are you and obi wan ryobi...
include na natin si sir jayL at si ossie.
when it comes to metal working kayo lahat ang bigatin...

[ HEHEHEHE, AM I SOUNDING LIKE TRYING TO BE CONVINCING YOU BRO DING ? HEHEHEHE ]

hindi lang si bro ding na-convince mo....
iba ka na ngayon mang kulam ha ?:hippie8:

[ The ASEA 160 amps is a nice machine for starters, it is a DC INVERTER type of machine that can be plugged-in in ordinary electrical outlets, yes its only 12K, but hold your horses bro if you really intend to buy one, let's gather muna interested PHM members wanting also to buy from OCTO POWERTOOLS their welding machines, I think it would be better if maging bulk purchase ang mangyari, bigger the chance of promo discounts for PHM members. Let's discuss this matter with timber, maybe he can pull some strings here. :poke:

But if only I or you have the extra cash I will choose the ASEA 200 DC TIG INVERTER, why ?
because though this machine will do the same function as the 160Amp DC welder, the former has a higher amperage which can be used for STICK welding likewise for TIG WELDING ON THIN SHEET METALS LIKE COPPER, BRASS, STAINLESS and Ordinary GALVANIZED thin sheets. Its like two functions already in one welding machine. ]

bulk buying ba for a discount ?
esep esep na...
basta sayo lang ako sir rosy didikit, at mangungulit,
when time comes na bibili na ko ng welding machine...:wedgie:

Posted : 20/03/2012 1:05 pm
timber715
(@timber715)
Topic starter

@ joey81,

I guess the 160amps will not be as strong as compared to the higher amperage welders. It has its limitations in terms of welding applications like you cannot use it continuously for hours of welding, you have to rest the machine for maybe 15 to 30 minutes and wait for it to cool down. 🙁

This lower amperage machines are good for spots, tacks and stitch welding, but for prolong periods, its warning light will start to blink so you have to rest the machine. :confused:

looking at the specs of both machines, it seems both are rated at 60% cycle at 100% amp use. and in my limited time in learning arc welding, I have never gone beyond 120 amps. meaning at that range both should perform the same. of course the 200 amp would have a better headroom when the time comes and you need to be welding 1/2" materials, even then I think the 160 amp would perform well. Price often a factor here, I on the otherhand look at quality when prices aren't very far.
one more thing, I haven't welded more than 10 minutes straight... often, weld-lay-out-weld-clamp-weld-correct-weld-correct again-hammer some more-correct some more-then weld again... this makes the duty cycle worthwhile....

click my signature and it will take you there........

Posted : 20/03/2012 3:00 pm
 jay2
(@jay2)
Eminent Member

HEHEHE, bro jay2, don't be to hasty, the 30% or 40% eh pangarap ko lang, I doubt if sir charles will give in to that large discount, but of course sino ba naman aayaw sa ganyang mga discounts, diba ?

Oh by the way bro how was the Asea 200D ARC WELDER doing/performing, have you tried it na ba bro ?

Bro Rosy sana nga mahimas si Sir Charles para mabigyan tayo ng malaki-laking discount 🙂

I have used the Asea 200D. Maganda gamitin and matipid sa kuryente, welding rod and downtime, Madali i-mobilize kahit sa outlet pwede isaksak and kahit na extension cord na makapal pwede. just dont crank up the amphere so much. Have used a 1/8 7018 rod at around 140-150 amphere.

Before buying the Asea 200d I tested a taiwanese 3-in-1 welding machine. Have not used the tig since they dont have argon gas but have tried the plasma, used a 3hp compressor, hirap sya mag cut and madali maubos ang hangin, have to use a 5hp compressor. The stick welding is rated at 160amp, used a 1/8 6011 rod, the burn is no longer as good as the first half of the rod.

I chose the 200d than the 160amp because the price difference is around 2k and also my experience with the taiwan welding.

Posted : 20/03/2012 9:19 pm
JayL
 JayL
(@jayl)

Bro Rosy sana nga mahimas si Sir Charles para mabigyan tayo ng malaki-laking discount 🙂

I chose the 200d than the 160amp because the price difference is around 2k and also my experience with the taiwan welding.

In my view you did well in choosing 200A. 🙂

Millermatic 180 Autoset Mig Welder
Miller Spoolmate 100 Spool Gun
Victor Firepower 350 Oxy Ace Outfit
3M Speedglas 9002X AD Helmet
Makita LC1230 Dry Cut Saw
Ingersoll Rand Air Tools
Snap On Tools
Metabo Power Tools
Norseman Drill Cutting Tools
Bosch Power Tools
3M PPS

Posted : 20/03/2012 10:20 pm
(@balarila)
Noble Member

Aaargh! Tukso layuan mo ako!

Just realized that, even if ASEA offers a huge discount on the 160A and it becomes affordable, the expense ripples will continue. One will need gloves and a helmet and, the biggest wallet-whopper: chopsaw!

Posted : 20/03/2012 10:23 pm
(@fortnapz)
Estimable Member

Just realized that, even if ASEA offers a huge discount on the 160A and it becomes affordable, the expense ripples will continue. One will need gloves and a helmet and, the biggest wallet-whopper: chopsaw!

kaya mo yan sir ding!!!

O Mag exercise ka muna. hacksaw for the meantime Hehehe

Posted : 20/03/2012 10:30 pm
JayL
 JayL
(@jayl)

plus an angle grinder and a few clamps ... worth it for house maintenance needs. 🙂

Chop saw .... can get away without one for the time being. An angle grinder with a good cutting disc works well for starters.

Millermatic 180 Autoset Mig Welder
Miller Spoolmate 100 Spool Gun
Victor Firepower 350 Oxy Ace Outfit
3M Speedglas 9002X AD Helmet
Makita LC1230 Dry Cut Saw
Ingersoll Rand Air Tools
Snap On Tools
Metabo Power Tools
Norseman Drill Cutting Tools
Bosch Power Tools
3M PPS

Posted : 20/03/2012 11:38 pm
timber715
(@timber715)
Topic starter

plus an angle grinder and a few clamps ... worth it for house maintenance needs. 🙂

Chop saw .... can get away without one for the time being. An angle grinder with a good cutting disc works well for starters.

Tama! :vader:pwede rin light saber kung meron ka....

click my signature and it will take you there........

Posted : 21/03/2012 12:36 am
(@willyfernando)
Prominent Member

Tama! :vader:pwede rin light saber kung meron ka....

Hehehe.... bakit di nalang natin ipapautol kay :superman: Isang tingin lang yan, tunaw na.:D

Posted : 21/03/2012 6:34 am
(@bochekokik)

I've seen this dc tig welder, medyo nakakatukso, kaya ipon mode muna.
Mas matibay ba itong Asea dctig kumpara sa ibang brand like taiwanese brands? Magkalayo kasi sa presyo. Taiwan brand (forgot the exact brand name) costs somewhere around P25k, while this Asea is around P40k.

Posted : 21/03/2012 11:45 am
rosy
 rosy
(@rosy)

Bros, can we be frank here and name that Taiwanese welder being mentioned here so that at least we will know what it is and be properly informed because there are several Taiwanese welders in the market to choose from which are also doing fair in its quality. ASEA Welders are from Korea and both welders are Asian welders. There is this welder called MULTIPLAZ from China which is being sold in Europe and getting awards from the European nations and even the AWS ( American Welding Society ) has recognized this new awesome technology.

Pardon me for my thoughts but let us not focus our choices to one brand of welder, there are also other brands that can be purchased having quality also, its just a matter of searching the market and on what we can honestly afford.

DeWALT Chopsaw
cloned STIHLs
MS 044 chainsaw
MS 070 chainsaw

Posted : 21/03/2012 4:32 pm
(@bochekokik)

sir rosy, thanks for the reminder and info.
Went back to the store to get the brand, it is Extreme brand, violet colored casing. It has different models, from tig, to stick, to plasma and also a 3in1 model that has stick, tig, and plasma (without the compressor). The store said it is made in Taiwan. I'll post pictures as soon as Im allowed to post.
Im still trying to look for reviews in the internet, maybe if somebody has this or has been using this brand, appreciate if they could give feedback if it could be at par with ASEA.
The machine will be used mainly for stainless fabrication, medium duty work, kaya yung ASEA ang unang napansin.

Posted : 22/03/2012 9:10 am
Page 5 / 6
Share: