Bosch GWS 8-100 Z angle grinder

25 Posts
11 Users
0 Reactions
timber715
(@timber715)
Topic starter

also a new vibration control handle which reduces vibration up to 70%

pictures lang muna, left the manual sa box for the specifications...

click my signature and it will take you there........

Posted : 21/12/2011 1:14 am
JayL
 JayL
(@jayl)

Re: Bosch GWS 8-100 Z angle grinder

Yan magandang grinder .. paddle switch.

Millermatic 180 Autoset Mig Welder
Miller Spoolmate 100 Spool Gun
Victor Firepower 350 Oxy Ace Outfit
3M Speedglas 9002X AD Helmet
Makita LC1230 Dry Cut Saw
Ingersoll Rand Air Tools
Snap On Tools
Metabo Power Tools
Norseman Drill Cutting Tools
Bosch Power Tools
3M PPS

Posted : 21/12/2011 3:00 am
timber715
(@timber715)
Topic starter

Yan magandang grinder .. paddle switch.

very quiet also brader. kaya lang it isn't available yet anywhere, not even online.

Posted : 21/12/2011 3:17 am
(@spyghost)
Reputable Member

i like the switch location

Posted : 21/12/2011 8:38 am
(@fortnapz)
Estimable Member

VS din ba yan sir tim?

Posted : 21/12/2011 4:21 pm
timber715
(@timber715)
Topic starter

VS din ba yan sir tim?

hindi brader, single speed lang sya... runs quite smooth.

Posted : 21/12/2011 4:59 pm
JayL
 JayL
(@jayl)

I am happy to see that Bosch is issuing the anti vibration handle to some of it's Asian made grinders now. IIRC this was an exclusive for German Made Bosch grinders.

Moji and I each have a German Made Bosch grinder coming in soon. It does have this handle. For a fact this handle does work well in suppressing vibration transmitted to the hand. Most German manufacturers use the same design .. Metabo for one.

The 5" rat tail grinder. I will not be surprised if production for this popular grinder moves to China and soon be available locally in 220V.

Does the new Bosch grinder posted have the same tool less guard adjustments too? To me this is more important than tool less changing of discs. The pic above has tool less guard adjustment.

The Rat Tail posted above is a well balanced grinder in terms of weight / performance. A lot of people who grind for a living choose this grinder.

Smaller grinders with paddle switch I find good for short runs or burst grinding. I would only get one as a second grinder after having a side switch version. But that's just me.

Ingersoll Rand Air Tools
Snap On Tools
Metabo Power Tools
Bosch Power Tools
3M PPS

Posted : 22/12/2011 2:44 am
violaine
(@violaine)
Noble Member

sometimes wishing all tool manufacturers recall their old versions and i wouldnt mind paying some pesos for the premium.

with safety as my primary concern.

trade in na lang!!!

my bosch variable 4 inch grinder has been thru hell and high tide and still reliable as before.

no work work for the mighty 5" metabo yet.hehe

ganda ng design pag nag taper sa cord end...tapos paddle switch, tapos tool less blade guard adjustment...tapos anti vibration handle...tapos anti kickback...ano pa ba? esep esep...

:blackhair:

tsaka pala, dapat naka angulate yung motor sa worm gear (parang LS1013 miter saw ng Makita) para umabot kahit at least 1/3 nung disc yung magamit..tsaka pala less noise! mga 50 dB lang! haha..

The devil will find work for idle hands to do.-Morrissey

Posted : 22/12/2011 5:44 am
timber715
(@timber715)
Topic starter

V, hindi pa tool less ang blade guard nito brader and "kickback stop" so far only applies to 5" grinders and above...

Jay, the vibration handle is NOT part of the set, optional accessory yan for this unit... though I might have some for sale soon for those who want them on their grinders....

Posted : 22/12/2011 8:35 am
JayL
 JayL
(@jayl)

V, hindi pa tool less ang blade guard nito brader and "kickback stop" so far only applies to 5" grinders and above...

Jay, the vibration handle is NOT part of the set, optional accessory yan for this unit... though I might have some for sale soon for those who want them on their grinders....

I see . So no anti vibration handle and tool less guard adjustment for Bosch Asian made grinders yet. 🙁

Ingersoll Rand Air Tools
Snap On Tools
Metabo Power Tools
Bosch Power Tools
3M PPS

Posted : 22/12/2011 12:47 pm
timber715
(@timber715)
Topic starter

I see . So no anti vibration handle and tool less guard adjustment for Bosch Asian made grinders yet. 🙁

for this model I believe kahit USA made grinder wala nyan... often kasi tool companies will not include expensive accessory in a kit to make prices better. Most users don't need the vibration handle and would be ok with a tooled guard as long as they can afford the tool. Festool almost always have good attachments included but it also reflects on their price. It is a strategy employed by most powertool company if not all... I do know that Makita, Dewalt and several does this for a fact...

Posted : 22/12/2011 1:51 pm
 guad
(@guad)
Honorable Member

Never mind tool less guard adjustment, how about just wishing for the guard mounting design to be secure/stable/reliable?

Don't know about other models, but on GWS 8-100CE, is it just me ... or is there a design problem with the guard mounting? The guard is mounted like a hose clamp. When the guard is in the closed position, the clamp completely surrounds the black plastic thing and the mounting is secure. But when the guard is turned 180 degrees to the open position, the clamp can grip the plastic thing only halfway (depth wise) not fully. Guard is not secure and can be easily knocked off. Only way to secure the halfway (depth wise) mount is to tighten the clamp so much almost to the point of cracking the black plastic.

Already asked the Bosch reps on tour about this. They seemed to be vaguely aware of the problem or similar complaints, but could not help.

From the pics of the new model, the mounting in the open position looks to be full-depth, unlike on GWS 8-100CE.

Posted : 22/12/2011 2:04 pm
 guad
(@guad)
Honorable Member

^ Never mind. Figured out how to correctly mount the blade guard ... it is an undocumented non-obvious non-intuitive (to me) procedure.

User stupidity 10%, Bosch deficient documentation 90%.

Posted : 03/01/2012 10:36 am
rosy
 rosy
(@rosy)

HEY Bro guad,

I was contemplating on purchasing the Bosch GWS 8-100CE recently but never got to buy it coz reading your reply regarding this grinder made me think twice, hope your impression on this tool is not that so serious, or maybe I will just settle for another model.

I just hate getting AN EXPENSIVE TOOL and then would find out its not well made and with defects pa.

Anyway, do you have that model already, the GWS 8-100CE ?

CIGWELD Weldskill 250 amp Mig Welder
AHP Alpha-TIG 200X welder
HITRONIC 300 Amp DC Inverter IGBT Welder
YAMATO 300 amp AC Stick Welder
YAMATO 200 amp DC Inverter IGBT Welder
DeWALT Chopsaw
HOBART and ESAB Welding Helmets
cloned STIHLs
MS 044 chainsaw
MS 070 chainsaw

Posted : 03/01/2012 10:47 am
rosy
 rosy
(@rosy)

Bro guad, I supposed you have that model already, I should not have asked you anymore, sorry bro.
I personally think every tool owner should have a very keen observation of what they have purchased and what you did was just fine, nothing is wrong with that, it helps to find out possible flaws or defects of any tool
we acquire.

CHEERS BRO !!!

CIGWELD Weldskill 250 amp Mig Welder
AHP Alpha-TIG 200X welder
HITRONIC 300 Amp DC Inverter IGBT Welder
YAMATO 300 amp AC Stick Welder
YAMATO 200 amp DC Inverter IGBT Welder
DeWALT Chopsaw
HOBART and ESAB Welding Helmets
cloned STIHLs
MS 044 chainsaw
MS 070 chainsaw