Bosch GWS 8-100 Z angle grinder

25 Posts
11 Users
0 Reactions
 guad
(@guad)
Honorable Member

Re: Bosch GWS 8-100 Z angle grinder

^ No problem with the tool (so far). But the manual is missing a key explanation, how to install and position the blade guard, and the procedure isn't obvious.

Has a bazillion obvious tips like keep work area clean and well lit, keep children away, dress properly, do not wear jewelry, keep your long hair away, do not use if switch doesn't work, disconnect plug before adjusting, etc., etc., etc., on and on for several pages ... but not how to mount the damn blade guard.

Posted : 03/01/2012 11:23 am
jarod
(@jarod)
Noble Member

^Prolly because the trivial suggestions are universal and usually cut and paste from other similar tools. One explanation also is if the hardware had been modified but the manual is not updated at all thus the lack of instruction. Sometimes, we even do get manuals from other brands only similar and not exact to the tool we had.

For more of the latest tools, deals and tips - click HERE

Posted : 03/01/2012 5:15 pm
 jay2
(@jay2)
Eminent Member

Sir Timber where did you buy your bosch angle grinder? Been looking for ane lahat ng nakikita iba yung switch nya yung typical sa side lang and not the paddle switch type.

Posted : 05/03/2012 3:56 pm
timber715
(@timber715)
Topic starter

Sir Timber where did you buy your bosch angle grinder? Been looking for ane lahat ng nakikita iba yung switch nya yung typical sa side lang and not the paddle switch type.

this angle grinder is still a proto-type and is not yet available anywhere... sa US meron similar 8-125 Z iirc...

click my signature and it will take you there........

Posted : 05/03/2012 4:42 pm
(@sheep)

GWS 11-125 CI i think this bosch model will be the local counterpart it has a kick back stop. at present this is still not for sale to end users. however an indent order from a shipping co. is already in process once it is out will let you guys know :bluestar:

Posted : 09/03/2012 7:58 pm
timber715
(@timber715)
Topic starter

GWS 11-125 CI i think this bosch model will be the local counterpart it has a kick back stop. at present this is still not for sale to end users. however an indent order from a shipping co. is already in process once it is out will let you guys know :bluestar:

this isn't a local counter part of the GWS 8-100 Z it is a bigger model, 125mm or roughly 5" while the gws -100 is a 100mm model or roughly 4"... besides both being grinders everything else makes it a different machine.
This in fact is a proto-type that is destined for the local market... though not yet announced.

btw, welcome to phm, it is really not very pleasant when a new member's first post is to sell. It would be polite to introduce yourself first. don't you think so?

click my signature and it will take you there........

Posted : 10/03/2012 1:17 am
(@sheep)

ok im sorry about that i dont mean to be rude or anything thanks for the heads up i will not do so from now on.... peace

Posted : 10/03/2012 9:28 am
(@joey81)

Is this suitable for buffing stainless steel? Or should I go with a variable speed model?

Posted : 14/11/2013 9:12 pm
rosy
 rosy
(@rosy)

Any will do IMHO, single speed or the variable speed, what's important is the right sanding pad attachment specially for stainless steel. I have polished stainless steel flat bars and pipes using single speed with my 4" Makita or DeWalt angle grinders. 😉

I do not know if it will make any difference using a variable speed angle grinder.

:goodluck:

CIGWELD Weldskill 250 amp Mig Welder
AHP Alpha-TIG 200X welder
HITRONIC 300 Amp DC Inverter IGBT Welder
YAMATO 300 amp AC Stick Welder
YAMATO 200 amp DC Inverter IGBT Welder
DeWALT Chopsaw
HOBART and ESAB Welding Helmets
cloned STIHLs
MS 044 chainsaw
MS 070 chainsaw

Posted : 14/11/2013 9:31 pm
(@joey81)

When I was at Soler Street one time I saw these workers polishing stainless steel. They have this some kind of greenish polishing paste or wax that they apply on the steel the they buff it.

I forgot to take note of the grinders they're using. I know its a Makita but can't remember if its variable speed or constant speed.

My worry is the buffing pad is moving too fast the polishing paste might just be thrown away. I guess to be on the safe side I'll get a variable speed grinder.

Posted : 15/11/2013 8:47 pm
Page 2 / 2
Share: