[Sticky] FEEDBACK and REVIEW for YAMATO 200 DC Inverter arc welder

197 Posts
36 Users
0 Reactions
rosy
 rosy
(@rosy)
Topic starter

Coming up soon with actual test application on metal plates.....................................
Stay tuned for feedback and reviews. :chopper:

CIGWELD Weldskill 250 amp Mig Welder
AHP Alpha-TIG 200X welder
HITRONIC 300 Amp DC Inverter IGBT Welder
YAMATO 300 amp AC Stick Welder
YAMATO 200 amp DC Inverter IGBT Welder
DeWALT Chopsaw
HOBART and ESAB Welding Helmets
cloned STIHLs
MS 044 chainsaw
MS 070 chainsaw

Posted : 08/05/2012 11:42 pm
rosy
 rosy
(@rosy)
Topic starter

Re: FEEDBACK and REVIEW for YAMATO 200 DC Inverter arc welder

First of all, before I give a feedback or review, I would like to share some insights on what I did two days ago after I purchased this Yamato welder. I did some re wiring of my power source for the machine since I don't like to just plug this welder into my garage outlet.

Here's what I did, bought a poly junction box and a 20 AMP circuit breaker with 20 AMP electrical socket, disconnected the electrical line supplying power to my 300amp Yamato AC welder, and then...........................................

The main line in the middle with the faded flexible hose, then made some simple connections by adding wires # 10 stranded, one to the left going to the AC welder and another wire going to the 20AMP circuit breaker.

In this pic, the additional wire here is 10 feet connected from the main power line up to the circuit breaker with built in electrical socket where I will now plug in my welder.

DeWALT Chopsaw
cloned STIHLs
MS 044 chainsaw
MS 070 chainsaw

Posted : 09/05/2012 2:13 am
rosy
 rosy
(@rosy)
Topic starter

And then another line, about 3Ft. in length connected now to the circuit breaker of the Yamato AC welder. 🙂

Now I have my electrical connections, always have live power for both welder, just plug the small DC welder into the circuit breaker, turn on the switch and then my welder is ready to use, likewise with the other connection for the AC welder. 😉

TO BE CONTINUED.........................Weld applications next !!!!!!!!!!!!!

DeWALT Chopsaw
cloned STIHLs
MS 044 chainsaw
MS 070 chainsaw

Posted : 09/05/2012 3:03 am
timber715
(@timber715)

being safe is always important, but I really don't think you need the extra line. the welder should draw about 7 amps from the wall socket just about the same as a bench grinder or handheld sander. but again, it is always better to be safe and feel safe. keeps your head on the work and not on the security... keep it coming.
cheers

click my signature and it will take you there........

Posted : 09/05/2012 6:55 am
rosy
 rosy
(@rosy)
Topic starter

Well timber thanks for your thoughts and concern but the reason for this set up is that since I have another open/extra line of power source, I decided not to use the garage or house outlets so not to draw electricity from it. This open/extra line is originally what I have been using for for the bulky 300 amp AC welder connected to the main line for our mechanical jack pump, so what I did was just to do some simple re wiring for both welding machine.

Plus since the wire of the portable welder has only 1.6 meters in length, it will not reach my work table , using an extension will simply solve the problem hence for me I'd rather not use it, I prefer to have its own line and circuit breaker.

DeWALT Chopsaw
cloned STIHLs
MS 044 chainsaw
MS 070 chainsaw

Posted : 09/05/2012 10:22 am
rosy
 rosy
(@rosy)
Topic starter

Since this is my firs time to use a DC inverter arc weld machine, I feel so excited to give it a test since I have heard positive feedback in using this kind of welder. I"ve heard it produces nice looking weld beads, its got more penetrating properties, less sparks when welding and slags easily dislodge from the welds and produces less noise during weld applications, hhhmmm then let us see if all these are true. :rolleyes:

OK, I have prepared and positioned my welder close by, also prepared the metals on the welding table where I will be applying the weld beads , see if you can follow the pics I'll be posting........

STAINLESS STEEL

My plan was to start with some stainless steel flat bars coz I have some pending project needed to be done. I'll try it on these metals first and at the same time study the correct ampere settings.

Set the ampere settings to 120 amps and it was too strong on the first weld and was melting the metal. Then reduced the ampere setting to 100amps, well still kinda strong but have become manageable, had some control on the weld beads applied but still melted the metal in the end part.

Here is another pic of the first flat bar.

DeWALT Chopsaw
cloned STIHLs
MS 044 chainsaw
MS 070 chainsaw

Posted : 09/05/2012 11:05 am
rosy
 rosy
(@rosy)
Topic starter

Then reduced again the ampere setting to 80amps for the next flat bar and started applying the welds using an oscillating or circular pattern. As you can see now I was able to complete the weld application successfully. After the weld bead application, I have to step back about more that 3 feet away because as the weld applied starts to cool down, the slag on top would start to pop out in all directions and I don"t want to be hit by those hot slag chips. 😮

Here are two pics showing the finished weld.

DeWALT Chopsaw
cloned STIHLs
MS 044 chainsaw
MS 070 chainsaw

Posted : 09/05/2012 11:19 am
rosy
 rosy
(@rosy)
Topic starter

To continue my second application, now using the 80 ampere setting which have become successful on the previous application, I flipped the flat bar to maximize its use.

Made two passes again on the flat bar using a different pattern, oscillating but in an oblong manner of movement, moving slowly from the right end towards the left. Then after applying the welds, stepped back again and waited for the slags to dislodge itself from the welds.

Here are three pics of the finished weld applied.

My findings here is that with stainless steel, no matter what pattern you apply, it will not show so much though there will be some that will be evident. Well that is for stick welding only. Plus its 80 or maybe 90 amperes will be the right setting for this DC welder. Applying welds was so easy and shall I say sweet, you'll just hear a somewhat hissing sound with less spatters around the plates.

DeWALT Chopsaw
cloned STIHLs
MS 044 chainsaw
MS 070 chainsaw

Posted : 09/05/2012 11:48 am
rosy
 rosy
(@rosy)
Topic starter

And for the next metal weld applications, I"ll be using MS plate or flat bar and E6013 welding electrodes. 3/32s and 1/8s rods.

MS PLATE or FLAT BAR

OK, made some outlines again on the plate to serve as guide when welding. Then set the amperage knob to 120 amps, the required amps for 1/8s E6013 rods for not so thick metals. On this plate I will apply different weld patterns and see how it will appear.

Started applying weld continously from top to bottom and from time to time stopping to check and feel the DC welder if its heating up or not. After applying the different weld patterns, started tapping the welds lightly until all the slags have been dislodge.

And the result after removing all the slags and wire brushing each weld patterns.

From top to bottom:
1st application is the oscillating or circular pattern.
2nd application is the push-n-pull technique or pattern producing TIG like effect appearance.
3rd application, simply just dragged the welding electrode, no weaving whatsoever was made.
4th application is also the oscillating but oval pattern.
5th application is the crescent or letter C pattern.
6th application is the rocking technique or zig zag pattern producing the fish scales or "kaliskis biya" effect.

:chopper:

DeWALT Chopsaw
cloned STIHLs
MS 044 chainsaw
MS 070 chainsaw

Posted : 09/05/2012 12:34 pm
rosy
 rosy
(@rosy)
Topic starter

Looking and studying these weld applications is giving me some goose bumps, yes its not yet so perfect welds but this DC welder is delivering well, less noise when applying welds, less sparks and spatters and the machine is not over heating after continous weld applications. SO FAR SO GOOD !!!!!!! :thumbup:

DeWALT Chopsaw
cloned STIHLs
MS 044 chainsaw
MS 070 chainsaw

Posted : 09/05/2012 12:43 pm
JayL
 JayL
(@jayl)

Looking very promising Bro Rosy.

I believe this welder has 6 months warranty so that's enough to burn in the components. Usually electronic parts will last their service life once the burn in period is passed.

Millermatic 180 Autoset Mig Welder
Miller Spoolmate 100 Spool Gun
Victor Firepower 350 Oxy Ace Outfit
3M Speedglas 9002X AD Helmet
Makita LC1230 Dry Cut Saw
Ingersoll Rand Air Tools
Snap On Tools
Metabo Power Tools
Norseman Drill Cutting Tools
Bosch Power Tools
3M PPS

Posted : 09/05/2012 1:08 pm
rosy
 rosy
(@rosy)
Topic starter

AND TO CONTINUE WITH THE E6013 RODS, now I'll be using the 3/32 electrodes using a setting of 100 amps on the first three applications then will try to go down to 80 amps on the last three application.

Flipped the metal plate to use the back side maximizing its usage. Then drew some lines again to serve as guide to be able to produce some straight line weld applications.

Then started applying welds continouslly stopping only at the edge and when changing welding rods. Here I just made 2 weld patterns, the rocking or zig zag motion and the oscillating or circular motion.

Started chipping off the slags by tapping it very lightly with the chipping hammer though some of the slags have already dislodge itself before from the welds underneath.

And the resulting welds after the clean ups.

From top to bottom :
1st and 2nd application is the rocking or zig zag motion using 100amps. Producing a fish scale look ( kaliskis biya ) effect, hehehe
3rd application is the oscillating or circular motion also at 100amps setting. Here I stopped in the middle coz my rod is/was already spent and I have to replace a new one again.
4th and 5th application, also a circular pattern but have reduced my amperage setting to 90amps.
6th and 7th application is back to the rocking or zig zag motion using 9oamps.

DeWALT Chopsaw
cloned STIHLs
MS 044 chainsaw
MS 070 chainsaw

Posted : 09/05/2012 1:13 pm
rosy
 rosy
(@rosy)
Topic starter

My findings for this exercises is the same , the DC welder has been consistent in weld applications. :groupwave:

DeWALT Chopsaw
cloned STIHLs
MS 044 chainsaw
MS 070 chainsaw

Posted : 09/05/2012 1:21 pm
rosy
 rosy
(@rosy)
Topic starter

Looking very promising Bro Rosy.

I believe this welder has 6 months warranty so that's enough to burn in the components. Usually electronic parts will last their service life once the burn in period is passed.

Yes bro a 6 months warranty but the seller gave me another additional 6 months for servicing free of charge but of course for parts not included, may bayad na, LOL 😀 Bro its good enough for me and it seems the deal is getting better and better. :clap:

DeWALT Chopsaw
cloned STIHLs
MS 044 chainsaw
MS 070 chainsaw

Posted : 09/05/2012 1:27 pm
rosy
 rosy
(@rosy)
Topic starter

AND LASTLY , tried the welder on a thinner sheet of metal to find out up to what extent of amperage it can weld.

This is a 1.6 mm thin sheet GI sheet of metal and let"s find out if it will work or not.

I started by setting the amperage at 20amps and it did not worked then increase again the settings to 40 amps, well with some sparks produced but still it does not burn the metal yet. Then increased the setting at 60 amps and that is when the electrode started to deliver weld puddles. If you will notice on the first and second pics at the extreme upper most left corner of the metal sheet, there are two small weld beads that never progressed, those were the first attempt using the lower ampere settings of 20amps and 40 amps.

And this is the final weld appearance using the 60amps setting.

And this is the backside of the thin sheet showing the full penetration of the weld applied.

DeWALT Chopsaw
cloned STIHLs
MS 044 chainsaw
MS 070 chainsaw

Posted : 09/05/2012 1:47 pm
Page 1 / 14