[Sticky] FEEDBACK and REVIEW for YAMATO 200 DC Inverter arc welder

197 Posts
36 Users
0 Reactions
rosy
 rosy
(@rosy)
Topic starter

good review sir, binasa ko simula page 1 hanggang huli.
bibili ako this coming saturday sa Goldpeak, sino po ba hanapin ko dun para maka discount?:thanks:

@ IcebergX,

Simply ask for sir Heric (coolmaxheric), also a member of this forum. He owns and manage Goldpeak Tools
and Hardwares.

With regards to discounts............I do not know about that.

Good luck on your purchase. :goodluck:

CIGWELD Weldskill 250 amp Mig Welder
AHP Alpha-TIG 200X welder
HITRONIC 300 Amp DC Inverter IGBT Welder
YAMATO 300 amp AC Stick Welder
YAMATO 200 amp DC Inverter IGBT Welder
DeWALT Chopsaw
HOBART and ESAB Welding Helmets
cloned STIHLs
MS 044 chainsaw
MS 070 chainsaw

Posted : 27/06/2016 10:20 pm
rosy
 rosy
(@rosy)
Topic starter

@ kennethpasia,

Well you can do welds with a 160 amp welder, if you plan on just doing thin surfaces, then this will be sufficient enough. But who knows in the future you might need a welder stronger than the 160 amp so its better to get and have a 200 amp machine which can weld and penetrate deeper thicker metals plus much better with a 60% duty cycle. In other words the 200 amp welder is a much better and has more power than the 160 amp machine.

Good luck on the purchase of this brand, its a nice entry level machine. But don't expect much from this
machine, got its limitations too. 😉

Cheers :cheers:

DeWALT Chopsaw
cloned STIHLs
MS 044 chainsaw
MS 070 chainsaw

Posted : 28/06/2016 12:50 am
kennethpasia
(@kennethpasia)

@ kennethpasia,

Well you can do welds with a 160 amp welder, if you plan on just doing thin surfaces, then this will be sufficient enough. But who knows in the future you might need a welder stronger than the 160 amp so its better to get and have a 200 amp machine which can weld and penetrate deeper thicker metals plus much better with a 60% duty cycle. In other words the 200 amp welder is a much better and has more power than the 160 amp machine.

Good luck on the purchase of this brand, its a nice entry level machine. But don't expect much from this
machine, got its limitations too. 😉

Cheers :cheers:

Thanks so much sir. This review has been very helpful to us newbies. I'll probably get the 200amps. Cheers!

Posted : 28/06/2016 10:35 pm
IcebergX
(@icebergx)

Hi sir Rosy, out of topic na pala ako, change of plan, hi-tronic na kinuha ko 60% duty cycle vs yamato 20lang ata. Digital na rin sya tsaka meron VRD. Di ko alam ang function pero ino ON ko lang din. So far Ok naman. Kahit 10amps lang yun outlet OK pa rin.

Posted : 02/07/2016 4:46 pm
rosy
 rosy
(@rosy)
Topic starter

Bro IcebergX,

Just for your information, nothing really to be concern or worry about VRD, its a device installed inside your welder for the user's
protection and operation safety during welding. :2thumbsup:

VRD stands for Voltage Reduction Device.

Enjoy your new toy !! :bounce1:

DeWALT Chopsaw
cloned STIHLs
MS 044 chainsaw
MS 070 chainsaw

Posted : 03/07/2016 6:20 pm
(@khayie87)

hi. hihingi sana ako ng advice. bibili po sana ako ng welding machine for my papa and kay bro. wala akong masyadong alam about sa welding machine.
for personal use/ bahay and ipapa rent din.
good quality and affordable
gaano po ba kabigat ang welding machine? kung pwede portable kasi iuuwi ko sa province namin. girl ako so bka di ko kayanin if more than 20-30 kls. haha
magkano and saan ako pwede bumili ng WM dito sa manila/QC or malapit lang sa manila.
maraming salamat sa sasagot..

Posted : 08/09/2016 10:57 am
rosy
 rosy
(@rosy)
Topic starter

Hello khayie87,

First of all can you introduce yourself to the forum, as much as possible we require newly registered members
to give us some introductions or information regarding your/their persons though nothing really that is too personal.
We just want to know you better as a new member and participant of this forum, perhaps location, interests
or hobbies for starter. :agree:

Thank you,

rosy

Now to answer your inquiry, maybe for an entry level DIY, this brand may be fine but if the machine will be used for
production purposes plus be rented out, then I will not recommend this YAMATO brand, sorry about that.

May I recommend the HiTronic brand of welding machine, why ? its a better brand and more heavy duty, I believe the
machine can withstand some abuse since you said your parents/brother will rent it out too. Usually welding machines
becomes defective due to miss use when rented out. May I recommend getting the 250 amp DC welder, it will be
enough for your parent/brother needs. I cannot recommend a very cheap priced welder, baka ma disappoint ka lang
sa quality at madaling masira.

Here is a link of the welding machines and the place you can purchase the model you will be choosing:
Look for sir Heric ( coolmaxheric ), also a member of this forum, he might give you a discount being a
member of this forum.

http://www.goldpeaktools.com.ph/products/welding/hitronic.html

Good Luck ! :soccer:

DeWALT Chopsaw
cloned STIHLs
MS 044 chainsaw
MS 070 chainsaw

Posted : 08/09/2016 2:45 pm
(@khayie87)

salamat po sir rosy.
yung hi-tronic po bibilhin ko.
my nakita ako sa net yung po bang goldpeak tools and hardware (blumetntrit) and goldapextools and hardware (g.araneta) iisa lang po ba my ari? andun po ba c sir Heric? mas malapit po kasi ako sa goldapex g.araneta. maraming salamat.

sir rosy, do i need to buy a ground clamp and electrode holder?

Posted : 09/09/2016 8:55 am
rosy
 rosy
(@rosy)
Topic starter

I think it would be best if you contact first c sir Heric, I know sya ang naka station sa Goldpeak Tools and Hardware sa may Blumentrit. I think yung nasa Araneta ave. is also theirs. Contact nos. are in the link I gave you or I posted.

When you buy the welding machine, cables, electrode holder and ground clamps are already included. :agree::thumbup:

DeWALT Chopsaw
cloned STIHLs
MS 044 chainsaw
MS 070 chainsaw

Posted : 09/09/2016 2:35 pm
 FB90
(@fb90)

Hi sir rosy! I plan on buying my own welding machine and I need some help as to which one to pick. so far I have narrowed it down to a handful of welding machines. One of them is the Yamato 200 amps like the one you have, however new ones are just 25% duty cycle as what I have read..
-Other brands on my list are the Hi-Tronic 160a/200a and Lincoln 130a from Gold Apex or Gold Peak which I have already seen in some of PHM threads with positive reviews.
-Contender 160a/200a sold by Tools From Us who sells Powercraft and AEG tools
-Kawasaki MMA 215a/255a that I saw on Lazada. I'm not sure if the description on these machines are true, it was advertised "80% duty cycle". And comes an ad in OLX that it was only 25%.. Priced at 6250.00/7800.00 it may seem very reasonable. Any comments on this one? Or if someone tried this machine before?
The only welding machines I have used were Yamato MMA 300a and an old Powercraft 250a (I only borrowed the machines) so I'm not sure about other brands. I used the Yamato for a short time and it was pretty decent in doing tack and full welds. The Powercraft amazed me since it can withstand abuse and whole day use on full welds. Performance wise it packs a punch but price is too damn expensive. Yamato 300a is out of my budget as well..
Any thought or suggestions on which one to pick?
BTW my budget is 8k and I can go as far as 10k. Will be using the machine for random projects and might lend it to a friend as well. Thanks in advance

Posted : 15/09/2016 4:06 pm
rosy
 rosy
(@rosy)
Topic starter

Hello FB90,

I do not know the type of machines you have tried, are they the AC type or the DC type of welder. The AC type
of machines are also fine to use but consumes a lot of electricity and not as smooth as the DC machines,

If you are eyeing the Yamato 200 amp DC welder, may I suggest not to go for it, its duty cycle has been lowered
by the manufacturer and I find this not good for a stick welder, you might just get disappointed. I've got nothing to
say with the other machines you have mentioned since I have not used any except of course the HiTronic brand
which I have and using now and very much satisfied with the heavy duty quality.

For members wanting to buy their first DC welding machine, I would always suggest now to get the HiTronic
brand of welding machine for I know its a heavy duty type of welder that will last you for a long time, duty cycle
is always 60% and it is manufactured by RILAND Industries, makers of Riland, Rilon and T&R.

If you can stretch your budget to 10K, then get the HiTronic 200amp DC welder, still that will be less with a 20%
discount. Well another option is the HiTronic 250 amp DC welder, a much stronger machine with an arc force and
can really take abuse of use but of course mas mataas ang price.

Still its up to you which ever brand to choose and buy, I am just suggesting a worthy brand that you will be sure
will last you long. Remember this, you get what you pay for. Pag masyadong mura, baka madaling masunog
and mga diodes and circuit boards.

http://www.goldpeaktools.com.ph/products/welding/hitronic.html

Good Luck on your choice ! :goodluck::whistle:

DeWALT Chopsaw
cloned STIHLs
MS 044 chainsaw
MS 070 chainsaw

Posted : 15/09/2016 11:03 pm
 FB90
(@fb90)

Thanks sir rosy for your feedback. The machines i have used are dc. Didnt like the way ac machines perform. The powercraft was a heavy duty tig machine that was in use since around 2010 or 2011 and still performs today. Similar type today cost around 25k.
Im highly considering the Hi tronic 200a since it is also heavy duty and reasonably priced. I also saw tesda students using the hi tronic machines . At first i didnt know it was hi tronic since everything on it is worn out due to everyday use. After seeing ads online on welding machines that was the only time i found out what brand it was.
I hope next week i can finalize everything and do a review on whichever machine i pick.. 🙂

Posted : 16/09/2016 3:08 am
jantech
(@jantech)
Estimable Member

Sabi sa akin sa everbest achiever sa binondo where they sell both powecraft and hitronic... iisa lang daw ang factory ng powercraft, hitronic, rilon, riland sa china. and difference lang daw ng powercraft at hitronic ay ung winding. one uses copper and the other one uses aluminum. I remember powercraft yata ung copper at aluminum namann ung hitronic. Below is a thread comparing copper and aluminum winding... It appears there is not much advantage of one over the other.

https://www.hobartwelders.com/weldtalk/archive/index.php/t-21318.html

Posted : 16/09/2016 1:37 pm
(@praktikal)
Trusted Member

^ that means, sulit na nga ako sa nabili kong Powercraft ha? 8,000 - 4,500 = aba! Well, gamitin ng gamitin para masulit.

Posted : 16/09/2016 1:48 pm
jantech
(@jantech)
Estimable Member

anong powercraft mo bro?

Posted : 16/09/2016 2:25 pm
Page 12 / 14
Share: