Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] FEEDBACK and REVIEW for YAMATO 200 DC Inverter arc welder

197 Posts
36 Users
0 Reactions
(@praktikal)
Trusted Member

Oops! My bad.... 'Power' lang pala ang same sa welder ko huhuhu....

Posted : 16/09/2016 9:58 pm
rosy
 rosy
(@rosy)
Topic starter

anong powercraft mo bro?

Sorry bro, Powerhouse ang welder nya hinde Powercraft :naughty2::dog1:

CIGWELD Weldskill 250 amp Mig Welder
AHP Alpha-TIG 200X welder
HITRONIC 300 Amp DC Inverter IGBT Welder
YAMATO 300 amp AC Stick Welder
YAMATO 200 amp DC Inverter IGBT Welder
DeWALT Chopsaw
HOBART and ESAB Welding Helmets
cloned STIHLs
MS 044 chainsaw
MS 070 chainsaw

Posted : 17/09/2016 12:52 am
merx
 merx
(@merx)

Hi everyone. I stumbled in your forum here in pinoyhandyman.com just today while searching for answers about DC inverter welding machines.I think I found the right place to hang up. I am Merx, a Filipino. I am an artist and craftsman. I am planning to set a small backyard income generating projects using my skills to help me in improving my life as a wage earner. I am aiming for Yamato 200Amp DC Inverter IGBT Welder as it fits to my budget although my real pick is the HITRONIC 300 Amp DC Inverter ( but will be in my 2nd line of purchase once my project prospers). I compliment Mr. Rosy for his suggestion and advice and these gives me clear direction what is best to consider when buying welding machines and accessories.I checked 2 stores website today and one is Goldpeak Tools & Harware, while the other one is Dragon Price Enterprise. Both carries Yamato brand welding products.I am from Cavite and the nearest is Goldpeak via Lawton to Welcome Rotonda. Maybe this Saturday I will go there to buy the Yamato 200Amp DC Inverter. I hope i can get a worthy tool for my budget, with no defects whatsoever. Wish me luck. Thanks

Posted : 25/09/2016 6:35 pm
rosy
 rosy
(@rosy)
Topic starter

Hello merx,
All I can say is simply good luck specially on your first choice. Hope you don't get disappointed ! :soccer:

By the way, how about an introduction from you, we have a Member Introduction at the lower portion
of the PHM index page. Gee I know you have mentioned a bit already about yourself but can we just
make it formal in the Member Introduction so others may welcome you as well.

Thanks. :banana1:

rosy

DeWALT Chopsaw
cloned STIHLs
MS 044 chainsaw
MS 070 chainsaw

Posted : 26/09/2016 10:06 pm
 jep
(@jep)

I'd just bumped on this forum by searching the maker of YAMATO brand.. Anyway, I'm thankful that I had read your reviews.. Thank you for the information.. I am now ready to buy new welding machines... good bye to old and rugged but still useable 3 phase welder.. lol

Posted : 22/10/2016 11:16 pm
rosy
 rosy
(@rosy)
Topic starter

Hope you choose the best brand you can afford and of course get the heavy duty type of machine so you won't
regret buying it after a few months or years.

An OT here :

By the way can you introduce yourself, we have a Member Introduction way down below the PHM index page,
we just want to know you more being a new member of this forum.

Thanks........rosy

DeWALT Chopsaw
cloned STIHLs
MS 044 chainsaw
MS 070 chainsaw

Posted : 23/10/2016 8:49 pm
 jep
(@jep)

Hope you choose the best brand you can afford and of course get the heavy duty type of machine so you won't
regret buying it after a few months or years.

I bought the Yamato 300 MMA DC Inverter 60% Duty Cycle instead to Hi Tronic 250 and 300 due to price value and ampere range yesterday at APEX..

As I always did, I look for its manual rather than the introduction of the seller.. There's no list about the 300 MMA and no operation instructions and trouble shooting guide, but gladly there is embossed circuit plate on the machine.

Thanks again...

Posted : 25/10/2016 11:56 am
rosy
 rosy
(@rosy)
Topic starter

Bro jep,

Congrats on your new purchase and hoping to see some of the project/s you will be working on.

CHEERS ! :cheers:

DeWALT Chopsaw
cloned STIHLs
MS 044 chainsaw
MS 070 chainsaw

Posted : 26/10/2016 3:08 pm
rosy
 rosy
(@rosy)
Topic starter

Like most of the members who tinkered with stick welding, you just need to have more patience and of course
do a lot of practice applying the weld beads properly. Stick welding is somewhat tricky or complicated in a sense
but once you got the hang of it, it will be easy along the way. By the way, there are lots of welding videos you
can follow and learn in You Tube, give it a shot so learning will be easier.

For your welding rods, yes the 6013 3/32" and 1/8" are the basic standard electrodes used especially for thin surfaces.

Have fun with the new toy and always remember, "SAFETY FIRST"

Best of luck and easy learning ! :thumbup::whistle:

DeWALT Chopsaw
cloned STIHLs
MS 044 chainsaw
MS 070 chainsaw

Posted : 17/11/2016 3:38 pm
(@point_blank)

sir im point_blank from aklan, matagal na akong naghahanap ng welding machine pero nagdadalawang isip ako kasi newbie lang ako pagdating sa hobby na to, until i see this forum laking tulong talaga sa kagaya kong bagohan....now aim ko sana etong yamato 200a dc inverter pero like as i read bumaba pala ang duty cycle nito...pasok sana sa budget ko tong unit...matanog ko sana gana katagal ba o ilang minuto ang 25% duty cycle sa continuous welidng? salamat po sa sasagot.....

Posted : 07/01/2017 11:56 pm
rosy
 rosy
(@rosy)
Topic starter

Hi point_blank,

"The duty cycle is a rating that indicates how long a welding machine can be used at its maximum output current without damaging it. Duty cycle is based on a ten-minute time period. A welding machine with a 60% duty cycle can be used at its maximum rated output current for six out of every ten minutes. The welding machine may overheat if the duty cycle is exceeded. At lower current settings, the duty cycle may be increased and the power source used for a longer period of time."

From :" Welding Technology Fundamentals " by William Bowditch
__________________________________________________ ____________________

If your machine has a lower duty cycle, let's say 25% or 30%, then your welding time is also shortened to about 2 minutes or up to 3 minutes and the remaining minutes will be for resting or cooling the machine, based on the 10 minute welding period.

Hope this helps !:thumbup:

OT HERE :
Kindly introduce yourself to the forum, PHM has a Member Introductions at the lower part of the Index page.
Tell us somethings about your self, interests or hobbies perhaps, we just want to know you more as a new
member of the community.

DeWALT Chopsaw
cloned STIHLs
MS 044 chainsaw
MS 070 chainsaw

Posted : 08/01/2017 4:27 pm
(@point_blank)

sir good am, i bought yamato dc 250amp with 60% duty cycle from dragon prime enterprise, pero di ko pa nasusubukan due to busy pa sa work...but im excited to test my machine...

Posted : 15/01/2017 3:12 am
rosy
 rosy
(@rosy)
Topic starter

point_blank,

Congrats on your new welder, do share with us regarding results of your tests of the new machine. Just be sure
you have your welding helmet. long sleeves shirt or jacket and long pants. Do avoid welding in sandos and shorts.
you will be exposing your body to ultra violet rays that will burn the skin. :nono:

Enjoy welding and have fun !! :havefun:

DeWALT Chopsaw
cloned STIHLs
MS 044 chainsaw
MS 070 chainsaw

Posted : 15/01/2017 7:45 pm
(@point_blank)

thanks sir rosy, excited na nga ako gumawa ng projects sa machine...by the way i got a little question due im a newbie in this hobby, ang earth connection at ground connection is same? do i need to connect ground connection to my welder or its optional lang po?

Attached files

Posted : 15/01/2017 10:16 pm
rosy
 rosy
(@rosy)
Topic starter

No need for an earth connection. Simply attach your ground clamp to the metal you are welding and start welding.
Its as simple as that .:2thumbsup::whistle:

DeWALT Chopsaw
cloned STIHLs
MS 044 chainsaw
MS 070 chainsaw

Posted : 16/01/2017 2:32 pm