197 Posts
36 Users
0 Reactions
JayL
 JayL
(@jayl)

Re: FEEDBACK and REVIEW for YAMATO 200 DC Inverter arc welder

Spatter and slag wrecked havoc on my welding table .... LOL

Some Info from the Web ... you can actually reverse the placement of the cables connection to the welder :

DCEN= 2/3rd's heat in electrode, 1/3rd heat in work. You will notice the electrode become very hot by the end of a full run.
Good for root runs and thin material. do not use for general welding as fusion is a problem.

DCEP= 2/3rd's heat in work, 1/3rd heat in electrode. Electrode stays cooler.
Use for good fusion and normal thickness material only switch to EN if you are blowing holes.

AC=1/2 heat in work, 1/2 heat in electrode.

Millermatic 180 Autoset Mig Welder
Miller Spoolmate 100 Spool Gun
Victor Firepower 350 Oxy Ace Outfit
3M Speedglas 9002X AD Helmet
Makita LC1230 Dry Cut Saw
Ingersoll Rand Air Tools
Snap On Tools
Metabo Power Tools
Norseman Drill Cutting Tools
Bosch Power Tools
3M PPS

Posted : 19/05/2012 6:51 pm
rosy
 rosy
(@rosy)
Topic starter

Good info and reminder bro JayL !!!!! Now maybe it would be nice to compare your AC Powercraft with the DC Yamato in terms of weld bead appearance and applications, I'm very sure there will be a big difference which I want you to experience also, hehehehe, Thanks

CIGWELD Weldskill 250 amp Mig Welder
AHP Alpha-TIG 200X welder
HITRONIC 300 Amp DC Inverter IGBT Welder
YAMATO 300 amp AC Stick Welder
YAMATO 200 amp DC Inverter IGBT Welder
DeWALT Chopsaw
HOBART and ESAB Welding Helmets
cloned STIHLs
MS 044 chainsaw
MS 070 chainsaw

Posted : 19/05/2012 9:18 pm
rosy
 rosy
(@rosy)
Topic starter

Here's now some pics of the innards of the YAMATO 200amp DC Inverter arc welder.
I think this is the unit of Ariel which he opened just to see its make. The casing was opened also in front of the seller so at least she knows why it was opened and had the assurance that the warranty is still intack and can still be accepted.

Now upon the request and for the satisfaction of bro timber, here are the pics of the innards :

THE TOP VIEW

HERE'S ONE OF THE SIDE VIEWS

AND HERE IS ANOTHER SIDE OF THE MACHINE.

IF I REMEMBER CORRECTLY, THIS IS THE UNDERSIDE OF THE MACHINE

Any comments on its innards, by all means do express your opinion/s

DeWALT Chopsaw
cloned STIHLs
MS 044 chainsaw
MS 070 chainsaw

Posted : 19/05/2012 9:59 pm
JayL
 JayL
(@jayl)

Si Jonathan madami din pictures ....

Malamang mag baba ng prices ang Powercraft and Rilon ..... paano lalaban yung mga 200A nila halos double ang price.

Ingersoll Rand Air Tools
Snap On Tools
Metabo Power Tools
Bosch Power Tools
3M PPS

Posted : 19/05/2012 10:35 pm
(@jonathanscruz68)
Noble Member

Si Jonathan madami din pictures ....

hindi ako makapag-download sa photobucket

Posted : 19/05/2012 10:51 pm
rosy
 rosy
(@rosy)
Topic starter

I almost forgot to share these two images !!! For other guys who took picture with your CPs, see if you can share them and post them also, Thanks.

HEHEHEHE, MGA NAKA PILA NA TO TEST THE YAMATO UNITS.

Si bro jon, talagang linubus lubos ang first try nuong nakuha nang mag apply ng welds likewise with Ding, AV973, joey81 and others.

Bro JayL tested his unit also and was also giving tips, and same thing with me, also giving tips to first time users.

I just regret I was not able to take pics of the whole event coz was busy giving pointers plus talking to the seller Miss Mimi, So sorry po !!!

O mga bros, I know may mga pic shots din kayo, post na ninyo para masaya, sige na !!! LOL

DeWALT Chopsaw
cloned STIHLs
MS 044 chainsaw
MS 070 chainsaw

Posted : 19/05/2012 10:59 pm
JayL
 JayL
(@jayl)

[QUOTE

Doctor po si Jonathan .... Dentist.

Ingersoll Rand Air Tools
Snap On Tools
Metabo Power Tools
Bosch Power Tools
3M PPS

Posted : 19/05/2012 11:33 pm
timber715
(@timber715)

So sino unang papagawa ng braces kay doc Jon?
Posted via PHM Mobile

click my signature and it will take you there........

Posted : 20/05/2012 1:06 am
(@jonathanscruz68)
Noble Member

pila na ang gustong magpa-brace...yamato welding machine ang gagamiting pandikit ng brackets. :electricf:

kitang kita ang magiging addict sa welding, hahahaa !!!:crash:

yes bro rosy, i really took the advantage of getting to know the feel of the welding machine, since the experts are around you and bro jayL.
to tell the truth, it was the very first time, i mean the first time my hand took a hold of a welding machine and put it into an actual test...
the feeling is like when you first tested a router, and you will say is..."ay ganon pala ang router...ang galing "
kaya mag woodworking ka na rin bro rosy !!!:)
thanks again brad rosy for the enormous effort that you share to the PHM community ! you remind me of timber 715...hahahaha!!!!

Posted : 20/05/2012 6:45 am
rosy
 rosy
(@rosy)
Topic starter

Hey bro jon, I'm so glad to see and know that you are enjoying the use of your new toy, parang talagang gustong gusto mong matutunan ang skill na ito.

HAHAHAHA, pre, you were right then when you said that for this year it is the metal working that will take charge when I started posting metal WIPS for the welding table, do you still recall your statements regarding this matter ?

Bro napa rami ko ang naging interested sa pag welding, guys who wants to learn also the skill, grabe naging resulta ng mga welding pactrice and exercises, very very positive, PLUS dumami na ang metal boys ngayon !!!!, I just hope they also participate in posting metal WIPs, may it be simple or not. :thumbup:

Anyway bro jon, thank you for your support and sort of recognition, hihihi, :bat: :meeting: 😀

DeWALT Chopsaw
cloned STIHLs
MS 044 chainsaw
MS 070 chainsaw

Posted : 21/05/2012 1:37 am
(@wisely)
Eminent Member

Finally took the jump also last Saturday. Actually, I visited the shop of Ms. Mimi the day earlier when I had a chance to sneak out from work, and had my unit tested. It was the very first time I ever held a welding machine and it was not as difficult as I thought it would be. In fact, nakaka-addict nga. I came back the following day to get the unit and also to meet the PHM guys.

Nice meeting all of you! Special thanks to Sir rosy for going out of your way to assist us and to share even more tips and pointers. Thanks to Sir JayL for likewise sharing welding tips also and for your insights, and Doc Jon's, about air compressors. Thanks also to Ms. Mimi for being so accommodating and also for the discounts to PHM members.

I got a Seiko welding clamp along with the Yamato 200 DC Inverter, as suggested by Jongski and AV973 (TY, bros!). This will replace the stock welding clamp included in the stock package. Di kasing higpit ang kapit ng stock clamp sa welding rod, altough I was still able to make welds with those. The Seiko clamp gives a firmer and more stable hold on the rod. There was another brand of clamp, I think it was Jackson, that gives a much stronger grip on the rod but it was a bit large. I went for the Seiko clamp as I thought it can provide a good enough grip but more comfortable to hold (at least, para sa akin).

I would have wanted to hangout with all of you much longer but had to leave as I have an appointment with the doctor in the afternoon. Sunday, I scouted for a junkshop where I hoped to get some scrap metals for practice. Sadly, those in our area were closed. Muntik ko na tuloy i-welding ang mga rehas ng bintana namin. Nakapagtimpi naman ako kaya hanggang himas lang tuloy. I am targetting next weekend to finally be able to do the exercises that Sir rosy posted.

Maraming salamat sa inyong lahat and more power to PHM!

Posted : 21/05/2012 4:46 pm
rosy
 rosy
(@rosy)
Topic starter

OKS lang bro wisely and nice meeting you too last Saturday. O diba ang gulo pero masaya pag nag kakasama mga PHM metal boyz anu ?? Any way bro enjoy practicing with your new welding machine plus some reminder bro to keep yourself safe and well protected while welding.

CONGRATS and stay safe always.

DeWALT Chopsaw
cloned STIHLs
MS 044 chainsaw
MS 070 chainsaw

Posted : 21/05/2012 5:26 pm
(@av973)
Estimable Member

Eh he he. Parang ako na lang ang hindi nag practice ng stick welding ah. W/in the week ako mag practice. Quite busy lang today extracting, cleaning, lubricating, referencing and finally finished tuning itong Chin (Durq) TS from fellow PHM friend.

By the way Brader Rosy. The item that I dismantled for picture taking is not my unit.

Posted : 21/05/2012 8:50 pm
rosy
 rosy
(@rosy)
Topic starter

Bro av973,

HUHHHH ! HEHEHEHE, BRO eh kanino yong unit na iyon, I thought it was yours , LOL, LOL.

DeWALT Chopsaw
cloned STIHLs
MS 044 chainsaw
MS 070 chainsaw

Posted : 21/05/2012 9:14 pm
(@jonathanscruz68)
Noble Member

Hey bro jon, I'm so glad to see and know that you are enjoying the use of your new toy, parang talagang gustong gusto mong matutunan ang skill na ito.

HAHAHAHA, pre, you were right then when you said that for this year it is the metal working that will take charge when I started posting metal WIPS for the welding table, do you still recall your statements regarding this matter ?

Bro napa rami ko ang naging interested sa pag welding, guys who wants to learn also the skill, grabe naging resulta ng mga welding pactrice and exercises, very very positive, PLUS dumami na ang metal boys ngayon !!!!, I just hope they also participate in posting metal WIPs, may it be simple or not.

Anyway bro jon, thank you for your support and sort of recognition, hihihi, :bat: :meeting: 😀

very enjoying brad...kumukuha lang muna ako ng feel for the welding, then i'll do some backreading sa mga threads mo, and do some research as jayL suggested...
mahirap din ang nagmamadali, at baka mapintasan ng mga experto dito sa PHM.
marami pang kailangang malaman, though welding looks simple as it may be, but still the right basic techniques should still be learned and applied...

yes brad rosy, i do recall, di ba...sabi ko na nga ba eh...na-influesyahan mo kami !, look at balarila, avr973, joey81 to name a few...and i think, this is only just the beginning, it is only the start of something big...realizing how necessary a welding know how should be for us DIY'rs.

sayang nga eh, hindi ako makapag-download ng pics sa photobucket, papakita ko sana yung pics ng very first welding ko, hahaha...
someday siguro ma i-post ko din.

thanks to you bro rosy, very much appreciated for all your effort na ma-influenced mo kami na matutong mag welding. it really is worth it.

mag boom ang metal working...mag booom ang metal boys !!!:cheerleader3:

Posted : 21/05/2012 9:26 pm
Page 3 / 14
Share: