Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] FEEDBACK and REVIEW for YAMATO 200 DC Inverter arc welder

197 Posts
36 Users
0 Reactions
(@balarila)
Noble Member

HI Ding, were you able to bring your YAMATO to the warehouse for repair or a replacement yesterday ???

Thanx................

No, sorry. Was occupied all afternoon by the time I called it as past 5. No answer. Will call tomorrow.
Posted via PHM Mobile

Posted : 10/06/2012 6:19 pm
rosy
 rosy
(@rosy)
Topic starter

Re: FEEDBACK and REVIEW for YAMATO 200 DC Inverter arc welder

Bro Ding, I called up Mimi early this morning and told her about your YAMATO DC Inverter, sabi nya just bring it to the warehouse and she will replace the the unit with a new one, so solve na problem mo.

Pina pasabi rin nya na nahihiya daw sya sa atin because of the factory defects, but will attend to you immediately when you get there for the replacement of the unit.

CIGWELD Weldskill 250 amp Mig Welder
AHP Alpha-TIG 200X welder
HITRONIC 300 Amp DC Inverter IGBT Welder
YAMATO 300 amp AC Stick Welder
YAMATO 200 amp DC Inverter IGBT Welder
DeWALT Chopsaw
HOBART and ESAB Welding Helmets
cloned STIHLs
MS 044 chainsaw
MS 070 chainsaw

Posted : 11/06/2012 11:52 am
(@jonathanscruz68)
Noble Member

Bro Ding, I called up Mimi early this morning and told her about your YAMATO DC Inverter, sabi nya just bring it to the warehouse and she will replace the the unit with a new one, so solve na problem mo.

Pina pasabi rin nya na nahihiya daw sya sa atin because of the factory defects, but will attend to you immediately when you get there for the replacement of the unit.

:win::win::win::win:
happy to hear that !!!

Posted : 11/06/2012 10:21 pm
(@balarila)
Noble Member

Fantastic!

May emergency lang ako at work today so will attend to it tomorrow. Just hope they're open on a holiday. Maraming salamat, Bro Rosy. Yu da man!
Posted via PHM Mobile

Posted : 11/06/2012 10:42 pm
rosy
 rosy
(@rosy)
Topic starter

HEHEHEHE !!!!!

Actually sabi ko kay Mimi, na this is already the second unit na nagka factory defect eh nakakahiya sa mga PHM members na hinakot ko at naenganyo bumili ng Yamato DC Inverter, lalong lalo na si Mr. Ding Carpio na CEO of Manila Water who is just a weekend warrior and new to this hobby meaning eh every weekend lang nag pa practice ng welding, so the unit of Mr Carpio has not really been fully tested. 🙁

Plus I told her of me having some second thoughts already of buying the Yamato TIG machine if this brand pala is some sort of having some factory defects, meaning if it can't be relied on. Well anyway sabi nya na wala naman dindaw syang alam sa mga innards nito, sa mga electronic/IC connections but they stand firm to the quality of the brand, basta if anything happens with the units we got from her, just bring it back for repair or replacement. :rolleyes: They have the technicians sa warehouse to check each unit na naibalik. 😉

Ding better to call her up first tomorrow just to make sure, pero siguro bukas sila kasi hindi naman tindahan yun eh, HOPE they are open tomorrow !!!!!

One thing nice about this seller is she is very accommodating to us PHM members !!

DeWALT Chopsaw
cloned STIHLs
MS 044 chainsaw
MS 070 chainsaw

Posted : 11/06/2012 11:40 pm
JayL
 JayL
(@jayl)

Plus I told her of me having some second thoughts already of buying the Yamato TIG machine if this brand pala is some sort of having some factory defects, meaning if it can't be relied on. Well anyway sabi nya na wala naman dindaw syang alam sa mga innards nito, sa mga electronic/IC connections but they stand firm to the quality of the brand, basta if anything happens with the units we got from her, just bring it back for repair or replacement. :rolleyes: They have the technicians sa warehouse to check each unit na naibalik. 😉

Ding better to call her up first tomorrow just to make sure, pero siguro bukas sila kasi hindi naman tindahan yun eh, HOPE they are open tomorrow !!!!!

One thing nice about this seller is she is very accommodating to us PHM members !!

Fair enough. Eventually all tools break down naman ... just need good support. Plus the price paid was really a bargain. A few major wips and bawi na.

Millermatic 180 Autoset Mig Welder
Miller Spoolmate 100 Spool Gun
Victor Firepower 350 Oxy Ace Outfit
3M Speedglas 9002X AD Helmet
Makita LC1230 Dry Cut Saw
Ingersoll Rand Air Tools
Snap On Tools
Metabo Power Tools
Norseman Drill Cutting Tools
Bosch Power Tools
3M PPS

Posted : 11/06/2012 11:59 pm
(@balarila)
Noble Member

... lalong lalo na si Mr. Ding Carpio na CEO of Manila Water...

Bro, baka maniwala lahat ng tao rito sa big promotion ko because of your slight (he-he) exaggeration.

Somewhat related anecdote: When I told my youngest that I work for a water company, she told her class in a what-your-parents-do session that I am a tubero!

Posted : 12/06/2012 3:55 am
(@balarila)
Noble Member

Yahoo!!! Got my Yamato replaced today.

Couldn't do it myself so just had it sent and was replaced by Mimi G. Now I can say that their customer service and warranty really works! Kudos to Industrial Supply!

Posted : 13/06/2012 7:57 pm
JayL
 JayL
(@jayl)

Yahoo!!! Got my Yamato replaced today.

Couldn't do it myself so just had it sent and was replaced by Mimi G. Now I can say that their customer service and warranty really works! Kudos to Industrial Supply!

Glad it worked out well bro. In fact I never for a moment doubted that Mimi will not handle the warranty claim well.

Now you'll be back to welding again .... yohooooooo.:attack:

Ingersoll Rand Air Tools
Snap On Tools
Metabo Power Tools
Bosch Power Tools
3M PPS

Posted : 13/06/2012 8:27 pm
rosy
 rosy
(@rosy)
Topic starter

That's great news Ding, makakapag practice ka na muli, oh you can work again on your angle bar bracket frames !!!!! :2thumbsup: :clap: :massbounce: :party:

DeWALT Chopsaw
cloned STIHLs
MS 044 chainsaw
MS 070 chainsaw

Posted : 13/06/2012 8:40 pm
(@joey81)

My YAMATO 200 DC Inverter arc welder is gone. It never came back after I showed it to my brother-in-law.

He's very happy with it. Its primary purpose now is for assembling stainless steel guard rails (those shiny tubes they get from somewhere in Soler St.) because of its low ampere settings. Its very hard to do this with the AC welders that they currently have.

During assembly they tack weld with the Yamato DC. Then its finished off using a TIG welder. Sorry, I didn't get any chance to take pictures.

I think I'll wait for 2 more months (the welder will be 3 months old then) before I buy another unit. I'll get my old unit back and the newbie will be broken in on the production floor.

Posted : 18/06/2012 9:30 am
rosy
 rosy
(@rosy)
Topic starter

@ bro joey81,

hehehehe, benta mo nalang sa brother in law mo yang Yamato mo so you can buy a new unit immediately, tell him you have also some metal projects in mind for your house, plus sabihin mo order or requested ni swmbo mo, lol, lol. :D:p

Baka hindi ka na makilala o matandaan ni Miss Mimi G. hehehehe, 😀 🙂

DeWALT Chopsaw
cloned STIHLs
MS 044 chainsaw
MS 070 chainsaw

Posted : 18/06/2012 10:46 am
(@joey81)

@ bro joey81,

hehehehe, benta mo nalang sa brother in law mo yang Yamato mo so you can buy a new unit immediately, tell him you have also some metal projects in mind for your house, plus sabihin mo order or requested ni swmbo mo, lol, lol. :D:p

Baka hindi ka na makilala o matandaan ni Miss Mimi G. hehehehe, 😀 🙂

Hehehe. Balak ko nga pahiram lang, pero sabi sakin babayaran daw later. Hindi na ako umangal. Sabi nga ni JayL, if an electronic equipment is defective it will break down in the first few months of use. So I'd like my welder to be used frequently while within the warranty period, kaya ko dinala dun sa shop nila.

After this unit is "fully tested", I'll get a new one.

Besides, woodworking is the priority now. SWMBO has been pestering me for her wardrobe. And the dresser... and the kitchen cabinets...

Posted : 18/06/2012 11:02 am
(@elexcis)
Eminent Member

Hi po mga bro PHM's.. Can I get your opinions please?vI'm planning to buy welding machine for DIY use only, I wonder if you can still recommend this Yamato DC inverter welding. How are the factory defects and how did Mimi handle it. Are you still happy for this machine? Thanks po.

Posted : 15/08/2012 1:37 pm
JayL
 JayL
(@jayl)

Hi po mga bro PHM's.. Can I get your opinions please?vI'm planning to buy welding machine for DIY use only, I wonder if you can still recommend this Yamato DC inverter welding. How are the factory defects and how did Mimi handle it. Are you still happy for this machine? Thanks po.

I have one and yes I like it a lot considering the price I paid for it. It does the job.

Based on feedback I read from other members Mimi does handle the warranty issues seriously.

I hope they don't increase the price when the new stocks arrive.

If you want performance and longetivity feedback then I hope Bro Rosy chimes in. As far as I know he logged the most welding time using this particular DC welder.

Ingersoll Rand Air Tools
Snap On Tools
Metabo Power Tools
Bosch Power Tools
3M PPS

Posted : 15/08/2012 4:12 pm