Clear all

[Sticky] FEEDBACK and REVIEW for YAMATO 200 DC Inverter arc welder

197 Posts
36 Users
0 Reactions
(@elexcis)
Eminent Member

Re: FEEDBACK and REVIEW for YAMATO 200 DC Inverter arc welder

Thanks JayL, I just called Mimi and she said that they dont have stock yet, I just inquired about the cost of the machine, I wonder how much you get when you bought it? Thanks.

Hi Bro Rosy,

How do you find your Yamato DC inverter? Thanks.

Posted : 15/08/2012 7:00 pm
(@jonathanscruz68)
Noble Member

Hi po mga bro PHM's.. Can I get your opinions please?vI'm planning to buy welding machine for DIY use only, I wonder if you can still recommend this Yamato DC inverter welding. How are the factory defects and how did Mimi handle it. Are you still happy for this machine? Thanks po.

i'm happy with the yamato DC inverter arc welder...
hindi pa naman nag bogdown yung welder.
i'm not a true welder, but i manage to build some simple metalworking projects, like washing machine stand, a bike rack, and repairs of some metal fabricated objects around the house...

magagaling kasi yung mga nagtuturo dito...:bokmal:

Posted : 15/08/2012 11:36 pm
(@elexcis)
Eminent Member

Thanks Jon for the feedback. I'm not a welder as well, just need a welding to do some DIY work instead, also some small project and the urge to learn metal works as well. However, mimi dont have stock for now. Hope they re-stock soon.

Anybody from the group? Thanks.

Posted : 16/08/2012 12:01 am
rosy
 rosy
(@rosy)
Topic starter

HI there brad elexcis,

I do not know if you have already read this entire thread, my recommendation with regards to this weld machine still stands, (page 2, post # 17 of this thread), this DC Inverter weld machine is very portable, very easy to use, produces good weld beads and puddles and has more deep penetration during weld applications.

I have been using it almost everyday for 3 months already and not ones I had a "light warning", the OC light indicator and still have another 3 months pa to maximize its use and comsume the first 6 months of warranty. So far so good on the first 3 months, no issues of whatsoever, I even tried consuming two welding rods continuously and would glance ones in a while at the OC light indicator if it will lit up or not, so far no overheating of the machine. I guess you just have to understand its duty cycle that when you apply welds within the span of 10 minute, using less amperage than the 200amps indicated, you stop and rest the machine for perhaps 5 minute or so to prevent overheating.

Worry not of this machine, we have a good and reliable after sales service and support from the Industrialsupply143 headed by Miss Mimi G.;)

OH, I recently was in touched with Miss Mimi and she told me that they have made already new orders from their supplier abroad and are just awaiting for the arrival of the new shipments, so maybe in two or three weeks time they will have new stocks again. She will be informing me as soon as they have the new stocks ready for PHM members interested.:p

Plus Mimi have expressed their gratitude to the PHM members for our patronage of their YAMATO 200amp DC welders, hehehe natutuwa nga daw sya at na pakyaw daw natin merchandize nila !!! that is why she is giving priority to PHM members. She feels sorry that she was not able to accommodate two inquiries kasi na out of stock sila, meron daw silang one or two units left, kaya lang na damage ng recent floods since nabaha rin yung warehouse nila.:eek:

CIGWELD Weldskill 250 amp Mig Welder
AHP Alpha-TIG 200X welder
HITRONIC 300 Amp DC Inverter IGBT Welder
YAMATO 300 amp AC Stick Welder
YAMATO 200 amp DC Inverter IGBT Welder
DeWALT Chopsaw
HOBART and ESAB Welding Helmets
cloned STIHLs
MS 044 chainsaw
MS 070 chainsaw

Posted : 16/08/2012 9:46 am
(@elexcis)
Eminent Member

Thanks for the feedback Bro Rosy and happy to hear that your Yamato is doing a very good job. I will get myself one this welding machine as soon as it become available. Do you happen to know if this is can be converted to Tig welding. I saw powercraft can be converted to tig as well as the one from Panda, you just need to buy the attachments. thanks

Posted : 16/08/2012 10:54 am
rosy
 rosy
(@rosy)
Topic starter

Bro alexcis,

Brad, I'm not sure or have any knowledge of this DC welder if it can be converted to make it work as a Tig welder but have come across by bro joey81's post somewhere about some kit or attachment for it so it can also be used for Tig application, but for me I'd rather maintain it as a DC stick welder and would just buy a separate weld machine of Tig and Stick combination, though it will be quite pricy but at least I know this Tig/Stick combi machine was made for that sort of application.

Now if it will be fine with you Miss Mimi is also selling a Yamato 200amp DC Tig machine with MMA (manual metal arc), also for stick application, its just that its thrice the price of the Yamato DC inverter stick welder, but still a bit cheaper than Rilon or Powercraft and other machines out in the market. :p

Well I'm also planning of getting one Yamato TIG for practice ba before getting a more heavier, higher amperage machine locally or from abroad. HEHEHE, kaya ipon, ipon lang ng pang bili, LOL 😉

DeWALT Chopsaw
cloned STIHLs
MS 044 chainsaw
MS 070 chainsaw

Posted : 16/08/2012 11:54 am
(@joey81)

@rosy, @elexcis,

Do not be misled with the term "conversion." You won't really be modifying the DC welder to use it for TIG. You'll only be replacing the electrode holder cable with another one that holds a tungsten tip (instead of a welding rod) and blows inert gas.

Toolec in C5 libis sells a China-made conversion kit for around 6.5K. I'd be more concerned with the quality of the conversion kit than with the fact that its a DC welder fitted with a conversion kit.

But the above is the opinion of someone who does not even know how to properly stick weld. Don't believe everything you read. 🙂

Posted : 16/08/2012 12:09 pm
(@elexcis)
Eminent Member

Thanks Rosy/Joey for the info's. I texted Mimi and she said that the Inverter model will probably be available 2nd week of september.

My father owns a portable AC arc welder, I guess I will have to borrow it in the meantime to do some of the pending spot welds in the garage.

Posted : 16/08/2012 7:23 pm
 xDJx
(@xdjx)

Just a question, since it's rated 60% at 200A, at how many amperes would you be able to use its 100% duty cycle?

Posted : 19/09/2012 11:43 pm
JayL
 JayL
(@jayl)

Just a question, since it's rated 60% at 200A, at how many amperes would you be able to use its 100% duty cycle?

I think it will not have a 100% duty cycle spot .... in it's entire usable amperage settings but I could be wrong.

Millermatic 180 Autoset Mig Welder
Miller Spoolmate 100 Spool Gun
Victor Firepower 350 Oxy Ace Outfit
3M Speedglas 9002X AD Helmet
Makita LC1230 Dry Cut Saw
Ingersoll Rand Air Tools
Snap On Tools
Metabo Power Tools
Norseman Drill Cutting Tools
Bosch Power Tools
3M PPS

Posted : 20/09/2012 12:11 am
rosy
 rosy
(@rosy)
Topic starter

@ xDJx,

Brad, I think this unit of 200amp and maybe other 200amp welder used as hobby welders were made only to produce 60% duty cycle which will produce already good and decent welds within the span of 10 minute welding time.

Anyway here are some links for you to read to understand more about duty cycles.

http://www.markthewelder.co.uk/id51.html

http://www.zena.net/htdocs/FAQ/dutycycle.shtml

http://www.weldingwithstretch.com/dutycycle.htm

Hope this help and answer your question, 😉
CHEERS !!!!

DeWALT Chopsaw
cloned STIHLs
MS 044 chainsaw
MS 070 chainsaw

Posted : 20/09/2012 12:03 pm
 xDJx
(@xdjx)

@ JayL, rosy - Thanks for the replies and informative links. 🙂

Posted : 20/09/2012 12:41 pm
(@irobuang)
Eminent Member

pwede po ba maconfirm ang cel number ni miss mimi g? 09209329874?

Posted : 27/09/2012 11:33 am
rosy
 rosy
(@rosy)
Topic starter

Yup, you got it right, that's the cp # of Ms. Mimi G. !

DeWALT Chopsaw
cloned STIHLs
MS 044 chainsaw
MS 070 chainsaw

Posted : 27/09/2012 2:29 pm
(@irobuang)
Eminent Member

thanks sir rosy,

i just ordered 1 unit from ms. mimi g, using the confirmed cel number from you and stating your reviews here in phm, that's why i'm buying from ms. mimi g

i'm from mindanao, and freight charges cost 388 (jrs express)

i'm gonna post here some pictures when it arrives, probably tuesday or wednesday

monday pa kasi ako makakadeposit ng payment

Posted : 29/09/2012 10:30 am
Page 7 / 14
Share: