[Sticky] FEEDBACK and REVIEW for YAMATO 200 DC Inverter arc welder

197 Posts
36 Users
0 Reactions
JayL
 JayL
(@jayl)

Re: FEEDBACK and REVIEW for YAMATO 200 DC Inverter arc welder

Bro JayL, kabasor was right, its kinda pricey for a rod holder, 😮 but its a good one, its Php 1,500.00.

I have been looking for this type for a long long time from Jackson brand but what they have here in stores are the ordinary jaw type, similar to what we got from Ms Mimi when we purchased our Yamato welders. 😉

Very good deal bro for that Tweco short stub holder. More expensive online.

Millermatic 180 Autoset Mig Welder
Miller Spoolmate 100 Spool Gun
Victor Firepower 350 Oxy Ace Outfit
3M Speedglas 9002X AD Helmet
Makita LC1230 Dry Cut Saw
Ingersoll Rand Air Tools
Snap On Tools
Metabo Power Tools
Norseman Drill Cutting Tools
Bosch Power Tools
3M PPS

Posted : 04/10/2012 9:06 pm
kabasor
(@kabasor)
Trusted Member

[COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"]You're right bro Rosy, it could not be that easy for newbies when the tip of electrode get sticks on the workpiece, unlike the tong type, one can easily get away with it. Nevertheless a quick side to side movement with the holder will definitely address the issue. No need to knock loose the holder to the sticking electrode.... Sticking electrodes in starting may have something to do with the amperage setting. It might be too cold versus required. A tad of adjustment in current should be consider.

:boom1:[COLOR="Navy"]

Posted : 04/10/2012 9:16 pm
violaine
(@violaine)
Noble Member

last week end i managed to weld with the help of a helper the frame for the industrial exhaust fan for the dirty kitchen...and yes when the rod sticks to the metal i usually get it off from the welds by moving it from side to side...not by releasing it by the jaw of the rod holder...

am i doing something wrong here braders? alam nyo naman newbie lang po...hehe

and i wonder how that short stub rod holder actually hold the rod????

please explain naman and show some pics to illustrate.

ive got some extra brain tissue to understand a few thing about this cool looking rod holder..

thanks

V

The devil will find work for idle hands to do.-Morrissey

Posted : 05/10/2012 7:08 pm
kabasor
(@kabasor)
Trusted Member

last week end i managed to weld with the help of a helper the frame for the industrial exhaust fan for the dirty kitchen...and yes when the rod sticks to the metal i usually get it off from the welds by moving it from side to side...not by releasing it by the jaw of the rod holder...

and i wonder how that short stub rod holder actually hold the rod????

please explain naman and show some pics to illustrate.

ive got some extra brain tissue to understand a few thing about this cool looking rod holder..

thanks

V

[COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"]
You're just doing perfectly right Sir V. if sticking persist consider current adjustment and the length of your arc. It should be tight but not to the point of touching the workpiece with the tip of your electrode as it travel.

With regards to the shortstub holder, just imagine how bench vise works. It is same with this holder. By twisting the handle in a clockwise direction it tightens the bite to the end part of the electrode where it is inserted..

Posted : 05/10/2012 8:33 pm
kabasor
(@kabasor)
Trusted Member

Shortstub electrode holder head,,,

Posted : 05/10/2012 8:48 pm
kabasor
(@kabasor)
Trusted Member

[COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"]Exploded view of shortstub electrode holder...

Posted : 05/10/2012 9:26 pm
rosy
 rosy
(@rosy)
Topic starter

thanks

V

Well V you just did right and that is how we do it too, the statements I posted in my last post was for those real newbies who haven't or just trying out their first ever stick application, releasing the welding electrode is just the fastest way to do it if ever it get stuck on the metal surface. I definitely know that these first timers will also learn the tricks that goes with stick welding in the long run, hehehe. 😉 :p

CIGWELD Weldskill 250 amp Mig Welder
AHP Alpha-TIG 200X welder
HITRONIC 300 Amp DC Inverter IGBT Welder
YAMATO 300 amp AC Stick Welder
YAMATO 200 amp DC Inverter IGBT Welder
DeWALT Chopsaw
HOBART and ESAB Welding Helmets
cloned STIHLs
MS 044 chainsaw
MS 070 chainsaw

Posted : 06/10/2012 7:22 pm
JayL
 JayL
(@jayl)

I don't have or neither have used a short stub stinger before ... from the looks of it it might be more balanced and thus easier to manipulate a weld bead using it.

Millermatic 180 Autoset Mig Welder
Miller Spoolmate 100 Spool Gun
Victor Firepower 350 Oxy Ace Outfit
3M Speedglas 9002X AD Helmet
Makita LC1230 Dry Cut Saw
Ingersoll Rand Air Tools
Snap On Tools
Metabo Power Tools
Norseman Drill Cutting Tools
Bosch Power Tools
3M PPS

Posted : 06/10/2012 8:09 pm
(@narako)

sir question lang po.
when we say mas matipid sa kuryente and DC inverter compared sa AC weleding, sa consumption lang ba yun? our house is 180meters away from the Meralco dropline kaya medyo mahina na dating ng kuryente. Sinubukan ko ng gumamit ng portable AC welding machine at hilaw ang weld nya.:( bibili ako ng DC inverter next week pero ang fear ko eh baka ganun din ang mangyari at hindi ko magamit sa amin.

TIA

Posted : 25/01/2014 8:56 am
rosy
 rosy
(@rosy)
Topic starter

Where are you located narako ? What is the amperage of your safety switch box or main circuit breaker ? Also what is the size of your electrical wiring provider that supply power to your house from your own electric post.

DC Inverter welders saves a lot in electrical consumption when used compared to AC welders. DC Inverter welders uses power transistors compared to AC welders that uses transformers, some are big transformers. DC Inverters can be plugged in any 15 amp or 20 amp house hold outlet, lighter and much easier to use with less spatters and soft start. While an ordinary AC welder, you have to connect it direct to the main safety switch or main circuit breaker that is about 100 amps. Its a bit heavy for someone to be logging around, lots of spatters produced during welding.

I am saying this coz I too have an AC 300 amp welder and recently purchased a DC 300 arc Inverter and have compared the two. Now my AC welder is gathering dust in my tool room coz I'd prefer to use the DC Inverter machine due to easier usage and cost savings in electrical consumption plus some other good points, likewise with my Yamato 200 amp DC Inverter machine.

If you are planning to buy a DC weld machine in the near future, why not have a licensed electrician check your electrical wirings or whatever and find out why your electrical power supply is kinda low.

Hope this helps !!! 😉 :clap: :rolleyes:

DeWALT Chopsaw
cloned STIHLs
MS 044 chainsaw
MS 070 chainsaw

Posted : 25/01/2014 11:28 pm
(@narako)

thanks sir rosy.

Posted : 28/01/2014 11:46 pm
(@truebuddy)

Mga sirs, good evening.. new member here.. Where can i buy this yamato MMA handy DC inverter? can you give contact no. and person to contact?... thanks.

Posted : 06/02/2014 7:39 pm
rosy
 rosy
(@rosy)
Topic starter

Hi again truebuddy,

Send PMs to JosephS of EY Industrial Sales Inc., he is also a member of this forum, where we got our Yamato 200 DC welders.
Tels. 416-1334 , 559-5112 , 559-5113

Another one is coolmaxheric of GoldPeak Tools and Hardware, he is another source of this Yamato 200 DC welder, also a member of this forum.
Tels. 955-5489 , 984-2041

CHEERS to you :cheers: and best of luck !!

DeWALT Chopsaw
cloned STIHLs
MS 044 chainsaw
MS 070 chainsaw

Posted : 07/02/2014 12:52 am
(@truebuddy)

thanks Admin Rosy... matawagan nga if may available sila na stock ngayon...

Posted : 07/02/2014 1:19 pm
(@truebuddy)

Admin Rosy,

wala po bang cp no. si Sir Joseph?. ive been calling sa land line na binigay po ninyo pero no one answers...

and lastly, puede ko po bang ma enjoy ung discount sa yamato? LOL...

thanks and more power!..

truebuddy

Posted : 07/02/2014 2:18 pm
Page 9 / 14
Share: