Power Craft DC ARC TIG PTW200A by HYL in Action

10 Posts
4 Users
0 Reactions
(@avmanansala)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

Power Craft DC ARC TIG PTW200i by HYL in Action

More Info About HYL, check the video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HszW4DoUkc

Package overview

IGBT Chips ba yun?

Posted : 21/04/2016 10:10 am
(@avmanansala)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

Holder

Ground Clamp

Posted : 21/04/2016 10:11 am
(@avmanansala)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

First timer

Btw commercial brake muna, I got a good deal, Price and payment terms from my friend Powercraft dealer here in Bulacan His shop name is Practical tools.

Practical Tools FB
https://www.facebook.com/practical.tools/?fref=ts

Next review is TIG naman I need to buy Argon tank and consumables pa naubos na budget hehe

Thank You for viewing.

Posted : 21/04/2016 10:13 am
Crazy cut
(@crazy-cut)
Trusted Member

Nice machine. Does it have anti stick and hot start function? Well you pls try with 7018, 6010 and 6011, 3.2mm rods. That's a good machine with 4T selector for long welds with a single push for tig or mig functions. Good for tig if you own a tungsten carbide sharpener or diamond grinding wheel.

Posted : 22/04/2016 9:56 am
(@avmanansala)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

Hi @Crazycut,

I'm a month old hobby welder and Im new to all weld process, I will buy those rods and send you the test shortly.

Talking about these machine features I have no I dea about the hot start the 4T and 2T function I just learned it from youtube yesterday it does not include in the manual how to use (you know how chinese products are documented). I dont have a tungsten carbide sharpender yet but good to know that I need that. 🙂

If you have additional request on the test please leave it here and I will do my best 🙂

Posted : 22/04/2016 11:39 am
rosy
 rosy
(@rosy)

Congrats again, having a new toy to play with once more. To start with, try several ampere settings say on a 6013 rods also for 7018 rods, this way you will find out what will give you a better weld bead appearance and less spatter on the plate (welding surface). Bro, the 4T and 2T functions are for Tig applications only. To sharpen your tungsten, you will need only a small bench grinder.

CHEERS AND congrats again ! 😉

CIGWELD Weldskill 250 amp Mig Welder
AHP Alpha-TIG 200X welder
HITRONIC 300 Amp DC Inverter IGBT Welder
YAMATO 300 amp AC Stick Welder
YAMATO 200 amp DC Inverter IGBT Welder
DeWALT Chopsaw
HOBART and ESAB Welding Helmets
cloned STIHLs
MS 044 chainsaw
MS 070 chainsaw

Posted : 22/04/2016 3:56 pm
Crazy cut
(@crazy-cut)
Trusted Member

Hi Avmanansala,

Hot start means a burst of current on the first weld to prevent the rod sticking from the work piece. Some machine you can manually adjust the setting. In synergic machine it is built in to the microprocessor that controls the welding parameters.

About the 2T/4T are trigger torch switch. In 2T it is a simple basic function for switch on/ swtich off mode. While the 4T - hit the trigger first to switch on then leave it open. In this case holding the swtich is not necessarily. You well notice a contenuous weld while holding the torch. " some say to minimize hand fatigue while welding for a long period". Usefull also in complex angle. To stop welding push again the switch.
Try on your machine and send me a feedback.

Thanks.

Posted : 22/04/2016 7:32 pm
(@avmanansala)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

I will try different kind of Rods this weekend, Yeah! I learned thats theres so many ways to sharpen the tungsten rod and yet the 2t/4t is for tig functions only.

@CrazyCut I will try if I can buy consumables tomorrow for the TIG setup I still dont have the tank yet and the tungsten.

Posted : 22/04/2016 8:12 pm
Crazy cut
(@crazy-cut)
Trusted Member

Hi avmanansala

2T/4T are not only for tig, mig welder are using same function too.

Tungsten electrode is hard to grind using normal grinding stone. But easy to break.

Posted : 22/04/2016 8:37 pm
(@thugstools_413)
Trusted Member

dude! hows the tig weld is it clean and smooth? show me your welds doesn't matter if good or bad.. I thinking of buying Hyl or hitronic or ASEA brand tig? any suggestion for good tig machines?

Posted : 01/06/2016 1:27 am
Share: