WELDCORP 125 amp Arc Inverter Welder

11 Posts
3 Users
0 Reactions
rosy
 rosy
(@rosy)
Topic starter

This is not my unit but a friends who requested me to try it out, test it and see how it performs, how the weld machine produces weld beads, so I said yes and have the machine for a week. I've seen lots of this kind of surplus weld machines from Australia being sold sa sulit so I decided to make a simple review here in the forum and compare it as well with my YAMATO 200 amp DC Inverter , who knows other members might be interested too in this weld machine. Well this friend of mine also sells surplus from Australia and actually he is the one that supplies me with some of my garden grass trimmers and other cheap gadgets/power tools.

Here goes with some pics and results :

THE BOX THAT CONTAINS THE ARC WELDER:

On one side of the box is a guide for application on metal thickness, type of welding electrodes to be used and the settings for proper amperage.

And it says in the box and sticker on the machine that its made in Italy. OK so its an Italian made arc inverter weld machine.

CIGWELD Weldskill 250 amp Mig Welder
AHP Alpha-TIG 200X welder
HITRONIC 300 Amp DC Inverter IGBT Welder
YAMATO 300 amp AC Stick Welder
YAMATO 200 amp DC Inverter IGBT Welder
DeWALT Chopsaw
HOBART and ESAB Welding Helmets
cloned STIHLs
MS 044 chainsaw
MS 070 chainsaw

Posted : 10/07/2013 10:57 pm
rosy
 rosy
(@rosy)
Topic starter

Re: WELDCORP 125 amp Arc Inverter Welder

SO WHAT's IN THE BOX :

But of course the 125 amp electronic arc inverter machine.

The weld machine itself, a nice looking front view panel control.

An instructional DVD, Owner's operating manual, a shade 11 passive lens, of course the fold-able protective face mask with holder, the flimsy combination wire brush and chipping hammer, ground clamp and the electrode holder.

These two items, ground clamp and electrode holder are way way much better than the YAMATO flimsy electrode holder and ground clamp. sigh, I'm saying this coz I have used it during my test weld applications, both holder and clamp has a very strong grip for any size of welding electrode and the piece/material where it needs to be grounded.

DeWALT Chopsaw
cloned STIHLs
MS 044 chainsaw
MS 070 chainsaw

Posted : 10/07/2013 11:22 pm
rosy
 rosy
(@rosy)
Topic starter

SOME COMPARISON WITH THE YAMATO DC INVERTER :

The difference between the front panel control. The on switch of the Yamato is in the front panel while the Weldcorp is located at the back of the machine. Both machines have increment ampere settings, WELDCORP starts at 5, 25,45, 65, 85, 105 amps up to 125 amperes. As with the YAMATO, it starts with 20, then 40, 60, 80, 100, 120, 140,170 amps up to 200 amperes.

When the machine is on, that square box on the front panel lits up to color turquoise blue.
Sorry for the semi blurred picture, took a photo after applying some welds, my hands kinda shaky already and tired.

The on switch is located at the back of the machine and when it is turned on, it lits up to a glowing red color. The machine also runs quieter than the YAMATO.

Well both welders, the YAMATO and the WELDCORP have different plugs. The YAMATO has a two pin plug while the WELDCORP have a three pin plug, typical of European electric plug so I will be needing a universal plug adapter for this machine.

MORE ADDITIONAL INFORMATION :

1. Exterior paint finish of WELDCORP machine is better and scratch resistant/scratch proof.
2. WELDCORP machine's main power cord is longer, its 2.15 meters while the YAMATO has only 1.60 meters.
3. WELDCORP'S lead cord and ground cord is shorter, its only 1.83 meters while the YAMATO has a longer cord, its 2.0 meters. But I'd rather have or prefer longer cords for both weld machines.
4. This machine is more compact and lighter. It weighs only 4.3 kg compared to the YAMATO that weighs 9 kg. Of course as you can see from the top posted pic, this machine is smaller and a bit slimmer than the YAMATO weld machine.
5. Has a 35% duty cycle at 125 amps while the YAMATO has a 60% duty cycle at 200 amps.

DeWALT Chopsaw
cloned STIHLs
MS 044 chainsaw
MS 070 chainsaw

Posted : 11/07/2013 12:22 am
rosy
 rosy
(@rosy)
Topic starter

The "WELD APPLICATIONS........................." pics will have to be continued tomorrow.

I'm having difficulties uploading pics from my photobucket account, 😡 Its not copying the images when clicked. Hopefully it will be ok tomorrow, sigh 🙁

Nakaka biten talaga !!!!!!!!!!!!! :whip:

DeWALT Chopsaw
cloned STIHLs
MS 044 chainsaw
MS 070 chainsaw

Posted : 11/07/2013 12:52 am
phezthie
(@phezthie)
Estimable Member

very nice.. me options na..

kaya lang kakabili ko lang ng Yamato, actually di ko pa nagagamit...

NB: nakakabitin nga po sir rosy hehehe

Posted : 11/07/2013 8:34 am
rosy
 rosy
(@rosy)
Topic starter

AND TO CONTINUE WITH THIS ARC WELDER : 😎

PREPARATION FOR THE WELD APPLICATIONS : 😉

Got me a piece of scrap flat bar with 3/16" thickness, cleaned it up of some rust by flap sanding using an angle grinder.

Here is the scrap flat bar, its 4.5 mm thick or 3/16" thick by 3" X 12". I will be dividing it into two section (not cutting it), the first half I will use some 3/32" 6013 rods at different ampere settings and the other half, I will use the 1/8" 6013 rods, also with different ampere settings bu its gonna be on the higher side.

DeWALT Chopsaw
cloned STIHLs
MS 044 chainsaw
MS 070 chainsaw

Posted : 11/07/2013 11:10 am
rosy
 rosy
(@rosy)
Topic starter

TEST and WELD APPLICATIONS :

FIRST HALF

Here is my weld applications on the first half of the scrap flat bar. Using some 3/23" welding electrodes at lower different ampere settings.

A bit closer look at the welds using different settings. I started with 55 amps then up to 100amps.

Here is an extreme closeup of the finished weld applications. At the last or fifth application, Iif you will notice, my travel speed has increased coz I was trying to fill up the space/length provided for the test welds and the electrodes I was using was already not enough and has become shorter due to previous applications. I suppose I should have used a fresh welding electrode.

I think I spent 4 or 5 + welding electrodes for this weld applications. :rolleyes:

DeWALT Chopsaw
cloned STIHLs
MS 044 chainsaw
MS 070 chainsaw

Posted : 11/07/2013 11:36 am
(@miked)
Reputable Member

how much daw ba bili sir? brand new ba or surplus na nabili?

Posted : 11/07/2013 12:15 pm
phezthie
(@phezthie)
Estimable Member

^^ interested to know also the price but ayaw ko muna i spoil ang demo ni sir rosy hehehe... BTW as he said, surplus yung unit..

Posted : 11/07/2013 12:27 pm
rosy
 rosy
(@rosy)
Topic starter

TEST and WELD APPLICATIONS :

SECOND HALF :

Here's my second weld application on the other half of the test flat bar, using 1/8" 6013 welding electrodes at a higher ampere setting.

A closer look at the weld applications. I started with 75 amps and went up to 115 amps on the fifth or last application. But with the last application I played with it using a wip and pause(push and pull) technique, I guess I wasn't that successful. But the rest of the weld applications were done with a tight circular motions.

Here is again an extreme close up of the weld puddle applications.

I tried also using the extreme low ampere settings of 5, 10, 15, 20 and 25 amperes on some thin sheet metals and the favorite square tubings used here in the forum for shelves, carts and stands, and this WELDCORP Inverter 125 arc welder delivered sweet looking stitch welds, spot/tack welds. So sorry I wasn't able to take pics of those low ampere test welds.

MY OVERALL VIEW OF THIS MACHINE :

This is a very nice weld machine to have for home owners doing DIY stuffs or repairs. Very nice also for noobs learning how to weld since its very compact, very light and very portable which can be plugged in our electrical outlets using a universal plug adapter, even though its only a 125 amps welder, I think it can still weld thick mild steel up to 1/4" to 3/8" thick with multiple passes. Very powerful welder too if I may say so. More so that it can also weld thin gauge sheets/walls like 9.8mm, 1.0mm, 1.2mm, to 1.5mm using the lower ampere settings. The machine is very quiet when the switch is turned on, front panel has a nice looking appearance, electrode holder and ground clamp are of good quality. And most of all it performs well, depositing those weld beads consistently. Oh it does really make a whistling soft arc start.

Well it has some short comings like the length of the cords for the rod holder and ground clamp, its too short for my needs/purpose and the crappy and flimsy face mask/shield plus the combination wire brush and chipping hammer, not that good.

I would like to give this machine a two thumbs up but with 4 stars only.

Here is a video link intro of this weld machine:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H74XTpR2uRI

Thanks for patiently viewing this WELDCORP INVERTER ARC review.

DeWALT Chopsaw
cloned STIHLs
MS 044 chainsaw
MS 070 chainsaw

Posted : 11/07/2013 12:35 pm
rosy
 rosy
(@rosy)
Topic starter

@ bro miked and phezthie,

You can check sulit for this welder, lots are selling this and other surplus brands coming from Australia.
Kaya lang iba iba ang presyo na offers nila. This unit is an almost brand new machine, no dents, no cosmetic defects nor mechanical defects since I have used it continuously during the test applications.

Anyway, if my friend get some hold again of the CIGWELD 170 ARC WELDER, I 'll try to make a review of it as well. Then I will choose between the two which I will buy for another stick inverter. What I like about this machines are their lower ampere settings which can be used for thinner wall sheets without fear of burn thru or punching holes.

From my research, CIGWELD brand is another good one since they have been acquired by the well known company THERMADYNE Group that manufactures Thermal Arc brand of welders in the US and Japan.

DeWALT Chopsaw
cloned STIHLs
MS 044 chainsaw
MS 070 chainsaw

Posted : 11/07/2013 12:59 pm
Share: