Clear all

Welding Cable Size for ASEA-160?

7 Posts
3 Users
0 Reactions
(@gen05)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Bros, what is the recommended cable for ASEA 160A Arc Welding Machine? What are the good brands? Price? Where is your recommended store to buy it? I'am planning to buy atleast 10 meters. 4 meters for Ground and 6 meters for electrode. Thank you very much for the help!:thanks:

Posted : 23/07/2012 4:26 pm
rosy
 rosy
(@rosy)

Re: Welding Cable Size for ASEA-160?

@ gen05,

Brad, a no.3 or a no.4 size welding cable can be used for your 160amp weld machine. Price varies from each seller but just minimal in differences like some sell it at 35.00 to 40.00pesos per foot. Other sellers sell it per meter, say 100.00 to 120.00pesos / meter. This can be purchased at any hardware store selling stick welding machines.

Since your weld machine is an ASEA 160amp, you could have purchased your cable and other accessories at the store you got it. I am sure they have the right size recommended for their different kinds of welders. 😉 :vader:

CIGWELD Weldskill 250 amp Mig Welder
AHP Alpha-TIG 200X welder
HITRONIC 300 Amp DC Inverter IGBT Welder
YAMATO 300 amp AC Stick Welder
YAMATO 200 amp DC Inverter IGBT Welder
DeWALT Chopsaw
HOBART and ESAB Welding Helmets
cloned STIHLs
MS 044 chainsaw
MS 070 chainsaw

Posted : 24/07/2012 7:11 am
(@gen05)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Thanks Rosy for inputs. Actually, I did not purchase it. Pasalubong ito from Dubai. I don't even know nga how to weld. Planning to buy its wire para ready to use it na just incase may minor repair sa bahay. Thanks again!

Posted : 24/07/2012 11:38 am
(@gen05)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Bro, quick question a No.3 or No.4 cable size is this same as 1/0 AWG cable size? I called Octo Tools at MC Depot since i found out that they are exclusive distributor of ASEA here. They quoted me 190 per meter for welding cable 1/0 which are they recommended for ASEA-160. Is the price reasonable? Do you know store that offers better price? Thanks

Posted : 24/07/2012 2:44 pm
JayL
 JayL
(@jayl)

Bro, quick question a No.3 or No.4 cable size is this same as 1/0 AWG cable size? I called Octo Tools at MC Depot since i found out that they are exclusive distributor of ASEA here. They quoted me 190 per meter for welding cable 1/0 which are they recommended for ASEA-160. Is the price reasonable? Do you know store that offers better price? Thanks

If it's 1/0 cable you want then LYS Hardware in rector sells this for around 114 pesos / meter.

Millermatic 180 Autoset Mig Welder
Miller Spoolmate 100 Spool Gun
Victor Firepower 350 Oxy Ace Outfit
3M Speedglas 9002X AD Helmet
Makita LC1230 Dry Cut Saw
Ingersoll Rand Air Tools
Snap On Tools
Metabo Power Tools
Norseman Drill Cutting Tools
Bosch Power Tools
3M PPS

Posted : 24/07/2012 5:10 pm
rosy
 rosy
(@rosy)

Bro, what would you expect from the casa, of course their prices will be higher. Yes Octo Power Tools is the exclusive distributor of ASEA weld machines here in the Phil.

If you are not so concern on having all parts original for your welder, the likes of cables, clamps rod holder and others, then you can buy other brands outside as long as the specs are still the same. The price posted by bro JayL is already an example/indication of the difference in pricing. Now from wherever you are located, check out the hardwares stores around your area that sells welding machines, most often than not, they would sell welding cables too with other accessories or attachments. Ask around and compare prices, just make sure attachments are of standard quality. 😉

GOOD LUCK 😎

CIGWELD Weldskill 250 amp Mig Welder
AHP Alpha-TIG 200X welder
HITRONIC 300 Amp DC Inverter IGBT Welder
YAMATO 300 amp AC Stick Welder
YAMATO 200 amp DC Inverter IGBT Welder
DeWALT Chopsaw
HOBART and ESAB Welding Helmets
cloned STIHLs
MS 044 chainsaw
MS 070 chainsaw

Posted : 25/07/2012 8:29 am
(@gen05)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

@JayL. Thank you for the info. I will canvass at LYS Hardware

@Rosy. Thanks. I will compare the cheaper one to the cable at Octo. Does Brand matters? Last saturday i went to the store at junction cainta they sells P150 pesos per meter. TAIHO brand from Taiwan.

Posted : 30/07/2012 10:41 am
Share: