0 Reactions
rosy
 rosy
(@rosy)
Topic starter

Re: YAMATO 200amp DC Inverter

🙂
Anecdotally, the last time I spoke to MG in-person, it was back at the D.Tuazon
location, and she related that she'd moved nearly thirty units since PHM'ers had
started pimping the Yamato MMA 200 DC IGBT. More have undoubtedy been
sold since, and out of all those units sold, I can only recall reading about a single
clear instance of a factory lemon: ernieserrano's. Other warranty claims may have
arguably resulted from misuse: in my case, it clearly did, and was fixed quickly.

Rare lemon aside, you get solid performance and warranty-support.
At the price involved, you arguably get more than what you pay for.
(Again, look at how much other China-made IGBT DC welders cost.)

Since JosephS posted, whatever's lacking in customer relations and in sales/service
environment is probably being addressed, so what else is there to protest? Hehe...

h.

Hey bro horge,

Just for your information, there was a guy, a member of PHM too that made his way and purchased this welder before the group buy then and then after a week of use, returned the unit to Mimi G for being defective and as she said, it was replaced with a brand new unit. Another incident of unit malfunction happened to our good friend balarila ( Ding ), after a month of purchase and on weekends use only, his unit also became defective and stopped working, I relayed and explained the problem to Ms Mimi and in one week, they replaced the unit with a brand new one and bro Ding has been a happy man again. 😀

Well bro these are just instances that were never really given much attention and we don't know either if there are other instances that have occurred to other customers that we have no knowledge of. 🙁

Well just informing you though !! 😉

CIGWELD Weldskill 250 amp Mig Welder
AHP Alpha-TIG 200X welder
HITRONIC 300 Amp DC Inverter IGBT Welder
YAMATO 300 amp AC Stick Welder
YAMATO 200 amp DC Inverter IGBT Welder
DeWALT Chopsaw
HOBART and ESAB Welding Helmets
cloned STIHLs
MS 044 chainsaw
MS 070 chainsaw

Posted : 18/09/2013 1:24 pm
(@josephs)

Goodafternoon sir, I've read all your concerns regarding the Yamato DC Inverter 200amp IGBT, we've already talked to the manufacturer of the Yamato about the quality of the machines. The manufacturers said that they will check all the machines before shipping it to us.

Thank you for your feedback regarding the unit.

Posted : 18/09/2013 1:40 pm
amboy
(@amboy)
Reputable Member

Goodafternoon sir, I've read all your concerns regarding the Yamato DC Inverter 200amp IGBT, we've already talked to the manufacturer of the Yamato about the quality of the machines. The manufacturers said that they will check all the machines before shipping it to us.

Thank you for your feedback regarding the unit.

Thanks for your company's concern joseph 🙂

----------------------------------
Posted using Samsung Note 2 on Tapatalk 4 for Android

Posted : 18/09/2013 3:48 pm
(@willyfernando)
Prominent Member

I don't have a Yamato 200 IGBT welder but from all the chatter in this thread I wish I'd bought one. Do not forget the fact that all of those who bought this unit knew the risks of getting an entry level welder for reasons of budgetary limit or curiosity of it's performance potential. The price of an adventure like the Yamato makes it worth the journey due to the Dealers supportive stance on replacement and repair warranty. Even the most highly sought after brand dealers in our local market have yet to show me the kind of class EY industrial, or JosephS and Mimi G has shown our members and to other customers as well. It is my thinking that money is well spent on a good dealer supported product more than an acclaimed brand w/ a lousy dealer warranty, w/c is not uncommon in our country. If JosephS' recent statement holds true then I think we don't have to worry about this product or other products that this dealer will sell to us in the future. The only thing now to consider are upgrades of w/c I presume the seller has a variety of options to begin with. Cheers to all!:)

Posted : 18/09/2013 3:50 pm
amboy
(@amboy)
Reputable Member

I guess bro willyfernando's post summarizes the yamato experience as expressed by the rest on this thread 🙂

----------------------------------
Posted using Samsung Note 2 on Tapatalk 4 for Android

Posted : 18/09/2013 4:16 pm
(@josephs)

About the upgrades of the machines/units sir, it depends on our boss if he wants to add/upgrade the current unit as we have already suggested it to him, but I think that he would consider it in the future(hopefully) haha. If he would consider it then we'll let you guys know it as soon as possible. 🙂

Posted : 18/09/2013 4:41 pm
(@joey81)

About the upgrades of the machines/units sir, it depends on our boss if he wants to add/upgrade the current unit as we have already suggested it to him, but I think that he would consider it in the future(hopefully) haha. If he would consider it then we'll let you guys know it as soon as possible. 🙂

It is now clear that Yamato 200-Amp DC welder is for entry-level/hobbyist use only.

If you're going to use it for production make sure you educate the welders on the capabilities/limitations and proper use of the machine. I should know, two of my units already had their circuit boards replaced.

Please convince your boss to offer a higher performance DC welder. I'm sure there are many members (and lurkers) who are looking for one. Have a look at the Powercraft PIW200 thread. Just the thought of 24 IGBTs makes me drool. :jawdrop:

Posted : 18/09/2013 11:48 pm
rosy
 rosy
(@rosy)
Topic starter

Might as well check too the post of Ossie on his Riland 200 amp DC Inverter, post number 43 of page 5,
" Please Post your Welders ", a thread by bro JayL. Count the number of transistor diodes therein and you would be amazed too and the rest of its internal parts.

http://pinoyhandyman.com/showthread.php?t=1333&page=5

Talagang quality !!!! :agree: :2thumbsup:

DeWALT Chopsaw
cloned STIHLs
MS 044 chainsaw
MS 070 chainsaw

Posted : 19/09/2013 12:41 am
(@balarila)
Noble Member

For me, my Yamato is sulit-na-sulit. Bawi ko na yng P6k I paid for it when I did this:

And more projects to come!

When I got the Yamato, I considered the P6k as tuition fee because I did not know how to weld. Ngayon, awa ng Diyos, hindi pa rin :D. But getting there...

Posted : 19/09/2013 5:50 am
rosy
 rosy
(@rosy)
Topic starter

HAHAHAHA, That's the spirit bro Ding, I suppose after doing more metal projects and getting the hang of welding right, you'd be upgrading as well with a different level of weld machine or perhaps a new welding process !!!

:agree::clap::agree::2thumbsup:

Always have fun during your welding sessions and thinking always that you are able to build something out of metal.

CHEERS and STAY SAFE !!!

DeWALT Chopsaw
cloned STIHLs
MS 044 chainsaw
MS 070 chainsaw

Posted : 19/09/2013 12:49 pm
rosy
 rosy
(@rosy)
Topic starter

[COLOR="Red"]A little announcement from our YAMATO welder supplier !!!

I was in contact with Sir Joseph S of Industrialsupply 143 a while back and confirmed about their new batch of YAMATO 200 amp DC Inverter, which I saw in their sulit ads, this variant is now in a very handy carry case :cool01: and there ordinary selling price for non PHM members is Php 6,200.00.

Now the special price for PHM members who may be interested, well they are giving us a Php 200.00 discount, so that means you will be paying only Php 6,000 K. :clap: Same warranty period and prompt after sales service. OH these batch of welders came from a different supplier, according to him. :agree::groupwave:

DeWALT Chopsaw
cloned STIHLs
MS 044 chainsaw
MS 070 chainsaw

Posted : 21/10/2013 5:26 pm
(@miked)
Reputable Member

4 lang ba talaga yung transistor ng yamato inverter? 10 kasi nakita ko e....bale 6 yung transistor na nakamount sa circuit board na kung saan lumalabas na yung output current. take a look sa picture below:

Posted : 21/10/2013 6:15 pm
rosy
 rosy
(@rosy)
Topic starter

Actually what I see is 5 on the right side and another 5 I suppose on the other side as well, so a total of 10 all in all. 😉 :twister3:

DeWALT Chopsaw
cloned STIHLs
MS 044 chainsaw
MS 070 chainsaw

Posted : 21/10/2013 7:11 pm
(@miked)
Reputable Member

yap sir rosy....bale 3 ang nakikita on that side of the pic (plus 3 on the other side) on the same circuit board. yung 2 naman sa upper left part ay mayron ding kapares na 2 sa kabila. so 10 lahat.

Posted : 21/10/2013 7:26 pm
(@onie13)
Trusted Member

my new yamato fresh from the box 😛

tnx for sir erik ng goldpeak ^_^,.V.

Posted : 21/10/2013 8:29 pm
Page 11 / 13
Share: