193 Posts
35 Users
0 Reactions
rosy
 rosy
(@rosy)
Topic starter

Re: YAMATO 200amp DC Inverter

Maybe we can try the tig kit which works with our Yamato DC welders .... something like a beginner's tig welding setup. Voltaire's Nihon welder is just like ours .... the same tig kit will work. I wonder if Mimi has this upgrade on stock.

Bro, I'm just not sure if Miss Mimi has this Tig kit, I don't recall her ever mentioning about this kit. Siguro kung meron sila eh before pa na suggest na nila about its availability and could have sales talked us already. Anyway I'll give her a call and inquire about this kit. :rofl:

By the way how much nga ba yung Tig kit na nabili ni vrcinfo sa Nihonweld, did he mentioned a price for the kit ? Thnx.

Voltaire's TIG kit is really worth trying on our Yamato DCs. The cheapest TIG kit I saw at Toolec costs 6K. Made in China.

If only the gas is cheaper...

Yes bro joey, I guess this Tig kit is worth trying sa YAMATO natin and just hope sana na its cheaper then the one you saw at Toolec. With regards to the gas, the Argon gas used, medyo mahal nga, wala pa yung tank( cylinder )deposit for rental or purchase, plus wala pa costing nuong filler rods of your choice for your intended application. :p

CIGWELD Weldskill 250 amp Mig Welder
AHP Alpha-TIG 200X welder
HITRONIC 300 Amp DC Inverter IGBT Welder
YAMATO 300 amp AC Stick Welder
YAMATO 200 amp DC Inverter IGBT Welder
DeWALT Chopsaw
HOBART and ESAB Welding Helmets
cloned STIHLs
MS 044 chainsaw
MS 070 chainsaw

Posted : 12/09/2012 8:36 am
(@joey81)

By the way how much nga ba yung Tig kit na nabili ni vrcinfo sa Nihonweld, did he mentioned a price for the kit ? Thnx.

I recall him mentioning its 1K if bundled with the Nihonweld DC welder, and the price will be higher if purchased separately. Siguro naman its less than 6K. 😀

Posted : 12/09/2012 9:07 am
(@willyfernando)
Prominent Member

The cheapest TIG kit I saw at Toolec costs 6K. Made in China.

If only the gas is cheaper...

WOW! That Tig kit costs almost the same as the whole welder of Yamato and Nihonweld. Go ka na for the whole package w/ the kit kung ganon kasi parang Tig kit lang ang halaga nya kung sa Toolec ka bibili.:D:rofl:

Posted : 12/09/2012 9:20 am
rosy
 rosy
(@rosy)
Topic starter

I was in contact with Ms Mini a couple of hours ago and inquired about the availability of this TIG kit. Reply was that they only sell the welding units but will advice her father who is in charge of the importations in their company to order probably some kits. So I guess we will just have to wait for the arrival of the kits.

Have asked Ms Mimi to inform me as soon as they have the kits already. :flowerysmile: 😉

DeWALT Chopsaw
cloned STIHLs
MS 044 chainsaw
MS 070 chainsaw

Posted : 12/09/2012 4:55 pm
(@vrcinfo)
Trusted Member

I recall him mentioning its 1K if bundled with the Nihonweld DC welder, and the price will be higher if purchased separately. Siguro naman its less than 6K. 😀

I got the TIG for P1,214 with the regulator/flowmeter from Nihonweld Phils. Will try to call them tomorrow and inquire how much buying it alone.

If anyone here from Marikina with the Yamato unit let me know. We can try it here in my place when I get the argon gas on Saturday if time permits me and they deliver right away. I'm going back at Nihonweld on Saturday also to see the ADH at P3,250.

Posted : 12/09/2012 9:58 pm
(@vrcinfo)
Trusted Member

I got the TIG for P1,214 with the regulator/flowmeter from Nihonweld Phils. Will try to call them tomorrow and inquire how much buying it alone.

If anyone here from Marikina with the Yamato unit let me know. We can try it here in my place when I get the argon gas on Saturday if time permits me and they deliver right away. I'm going back at Nihonweld on Saturday also to see the ADH at P3,250.

I just called Nihonweld a while ago. They do not sell the TIG torch alone. It comes with the DC welding set. It is not imported alone.

Posted : 13/09/2012 1:46 pm
rosy
 rosy
(@rosy)
Topic starter

Bro vrcinfo,

Bro, wala akong ibang alam from Marikina na may YAMATO DC Inverter weld machine, or maybe non that I know of, only members that I know near the Marikina area is bro morissey, who is from Marcos Highway, lower Antipolo area and bro joey81 who is from Imelda Ave. Cainta.

That's a very nice invitation for those who have the Yamato welder nearby to try out the Tig kit on their units. Just hope they have the time this coming Sat. or Sun. :sigh: :p

DeWALT Chopsaw
cloned STIHLs
MS 044 chainsaw
MS 070 chainsaw

Posted : 13/09/2012 4:51 pm
(@bapper)

I just got this one from ms. Mimi last thursday morning! 😀 sa weekend ako magbuy ng safety gears for welding and consumables. Any shop na recommended nyo guys?

Still reading welding basic from millerwelds and xempre dito sa forums..since I tested the unit I got last thursday, marami din pala akong mali na ginagawa like ung proper position nung rod and stuff..basa basa pa muna ulit before I can practice sa weekend :book1:

Posted : 14/09/2012 9:25 pm
 jim
(@jim)

ayos available na bili na ko this coming friday. :cool01:
napansin ko lang mga sir medyo maikli yung kurdon nito ayos lang ba
gamitan ng extension cord ?
And tumatangap kaya si miss mimi ng credit card?
:newbie:

Posted : 18/09/2012 9:07 pm
rosy
 rosy
(@rosy)
Topic starter

I just got this one from ms. Mimi last thursday morning! 😀 sa weekend ako magbuy ng safety gears for welding and consumables. Any shop na recommended nyo guys?

Still reading welding basic from millerwelds and xempre dito sa forums..since I tested the unit I got last thursday, marami din pala akong mali na ginagawa like ung proper position nung rod and stuff..basa basa pa muna ulit before I can practice sa weekend :book1:

Hi there bro, so you finally got one unit for yourself ha, congrats and enjoy welding. Yes just do some back reading of my thread "Let's practice STICK WELDING...................", there are several illustrations there which can easily be understood with regards to proper angle of welding electrodes, proper arc distance, how to strike an arc etc plus if you come across during your readings from Miller the word CLAMS, try to understand it well and its meaning, this will help you a lot during your practice sessions.

Happy welding and stay safe bro !! 😉 😎

DeWALT Chopsaw
cloned STIHLs
MS 044 chainsaw
MS 070 chainsaw

Posted : 18/09/2012 10:48 pm
rosy
 rosy
(@rosy)
Topic starter

Bro jim, better call first Miss Mimi if she will accept credit card. If you will use an extension cord for the unit, use the #12 wire cord with double insulation. 😎 :p

DeWALT Chopsaw
cloned STIHLs
MS 044 chainsaw
MS 070 chainsaw

Posted : 18/09/2012 10:56 pm
JayL
 JayL
(@jayl)

If it was me I'd use 12 gauge for an extension wire. I'm sure it would work out fine even up to 100 feet length if needed.

Millermatic 180 Autoset Mig Welder
Miller Spoolmate 100 Spool Gun
Victor Firepower 350 Oxy Ace Outfit
3M Speedglas 9002X AD Helmet
Makita LC1230 Dry Cut Saw
Ingersoll Rand Air Tools
Snap On Tools
Metabo Power Tools
Norseman Drill Cutting Tools
Bosch Power Tools
3M PPS

Posted : 18/09/2012 11:02 pm
(@mudhutdesigns)
Estimable Member

Hello Sirs! Been lurking for a couple of days now and reading about the yamato dc welder. Just quick question: will this welder be enough to allow me to make good welds in making aquarium stands (which will hold heavy weight) using angle bars as frame, support, etc and pipes as legs? Of course given the fact that I get to learn and practice on how to make perfect welds. I'm planning to get one soon. Kanino pokaya ko pwede magpaturo sa inyo? 🙂 Thanks sirs!

Posted : 20/09/2012 11:02 am
JayL
 JayL
(@jayl)

Hello Sirs! Been lurking for a couple of days now and reading about the yamato dc welder. Just quick question: will this welder be enough to allow me to make good welds in making aquarium stands (which will hold heavy weight) using angle bars as frame, support, etc and pipes as legs? Of course given the fact that I get to learn and practice on how to make perfect welds. I'm planning to get one soon. Kanino pokaya ko pwede magpaturo sa inyo? 🙂 Thanks sirs!

Hello bro.

The short answer is yes.

Try to search Bro Rosy's educational posts and exercises on stick welding for starters.

Millermatic 180 Autoset Mig Welder
Miller Spoolmate 100 Spool Gun
Victor Firepower 350 Oxy Ace Outfit
3M Speedglas 9002X AD Helmet
Makita LC1230 Dry Cut Saw
Ingersoll Rand Air Tools
Snap On Tools
Metabo Power Tools
Norseman Drill Cutting Tools
Bosch Power Tools
3M PPS

Posted : 20/09/2012 11:21 am
(@joey81)

My first Yamato DC welder was acquired by my brother-in-law for use in his metal works business. Due to the welder's portability its the one they use for installing steel windows, grilles and gates at the customer premises.

If the Yamato DC welder can do that then no doubt it will serve you well in your aquarium stand project.

Posted : 20/09/2012 11:45 am
Page 3 / 13
Share: