Notifications
Clear all

220 V 50Hz Mig Welders

11 Posts
4 Users
0 Reactions
(@beetlebum)
Topic starter

Mga sir, question. I'm thinking about trying Mig welding but do not want yet to spend much because of budget. ( I still have my fave 200 Yamato : )
I see Cigweld and Ozito 135amps I think it's enough for me.
My main concern is the 50Hz, can somebody share some knowledge about this.
Masisira ba un welder agad? burn parts etc,,, or lalakas / hihina un bigay ng Amps setting?

I googled some info, some say it's ok for small appliances, motors., but could not find answer regarding welder machines...

TIA

Posted : 11/08/2016 3:05 pm
rosy
 rosy
(@rosy)

Bro, try to acquire the Cigweld 150 amps or higher, I do believe its a much better machine than the 135's amperage. If it will just be for DIY use and not necessarily for production use, then I suppose it will hold. There is a member here using the Cigweld 150 amp for his personal projects and its just doing fine.

But I sort of read an article in the past that this low amperage Mig welders where manufactured for FCAW use, meaning no shielding gas but if you want to use gas say arcoweld, then you may need to have it upgraded

Google mo na lang ang CIGWELD 150A Mig welder, you might get some results you are looking for.

Good Luck and cheers ! :goodluck:

CIGWELD Weldskill 250 amp Mig Welder
AHP Alpha-TIG 200X welder
HITRONIC 300 Amp DC Inverter IGBT Welder
YAMATO 300 amp AC Stick Welder
YAMATO 200 amp DC Inverter IGBT Welder
DeWALT Chopsaw
HOBART and ESAB Welding Helmets
cloned STIHLs
MS 044 chainsaw
MS 070 chainsaw

Posted : 12/08/2016 5:23 pm
(@beetlebum)
Topic starter

This guy in the youtube link is a copy cat, took the idea from me and claimed it as his own...
thank1s Rosy, there's an ad at OLX for the Cigweld 150 less than 10K, you are right 150 is better. I also saw Crazy Cut post, I will ask him as well.
I was browsing youtube last night I saw this guy modified the 150 CIgweld https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-3_Kjh0PmA
Does someone knows a shop where I can upgrade the machine just in case? thanks again.

Posted : 13/08/2016 5:19 pm
rosy
 rosy
(@rosy)

If you have the budget and willing to spend some more for a better machine, I think this is so much better than the 150 amp Cigweld. Its a Transmig 175i mig, Tig and stick welder, also by Cigweld.

No need for any upgrade since this is already an inverter type of machine.

Check this out : https://www.olx.ph/item/welding-mach...8c6#35651478c6

DeWALT Chopsaw
cloned STIHLs
MS 044 chainsaw
MS 070 chainsaw

Posted : 13/08/2016 6:00 pm
Crazy cut
(@crazy-cut)
Trusted Member

Yes cigweld 150 was really good you can weld up to 5mm mild steel for conteneous weld up to 15 inch without hitting the duty cycle @ 0.8 mm mild steel mig wire with gas . I try the machine welding aluminium @ 0.8 alu mig wire with out using spool gun and its doing great.
You can buy it in olx at low cost while enjoying the good benefits for a diy project

Posted : 15/08/2016 6:39 am
rosy
 rosy
(@rosy)

May I ask bro Crazy cut, are you using straight Co2 gas or the mixed gas( arcoweld ) for your Cigweld 150 ?

Thanx in advance !! :thanks:

DeWALT Chopsaw
cloned STIHLs
MS 044 chainsaw
MS 070 chainsaw

Posted : 15/08/2016 2:37 pm
Crazy cut
(@crazy-cut)
Trusted Member

Here In gensan, it's very hard to acquire a mixed gas not unless i have to buy gas mixer. I have to only used pure co2 to all my mig weld except for stainless and alu.

Posted : 16/08/2016 6:18 pm
Crazy cut
(@crazy-cut)
Trusted Member

Beetlebum sir,

Don't bothered with 50 hrz they are also rated as 50/60hz some country like UK, australia and etc. They are so specific. If you happen to buy a cigweld 150 don't convert it to dc. The machine are design to be use in welding aluminium.
If you'de really like to convert i will teach you. But it almost the same all you have to do is practice welding.

Thanks.

Posted : 18/08/2016 2:55 pm
(@beetlebum)
Topic starter

sir crazy cut thanks for the info. I will send you PM pag naka bili ako.

tnx guys

Posted : 21/08/2016 11:21 pm
(@janmike)
Eminent Member

Beetlebum sir,

Don't bothered with 50 hrz they are also rated as 50/60hz some country like UK, australia and etc. They are so specific. If you happen to buy a cigweld 150 don't convert it to dc. The machine are design to be use in welding aluminium.
If you'de really like to convert i will teach you. But it almost the same all you have to do is practice welding.

Thanks.

Cigweld 150a is already DC, transformers arent affected with 50 or 60hz...much better if they are 120hz so you can burn aluminum wire in AC

Posted : 02/03/2017 1:29 am
(@janmike)
Eminent Member

This guy in the youtube link is a copy cat, took the idea from me and claimed it as his own...
thank1s Rosy, there's an ad at OLX for the Cigweld 150 less than 10K, you are right 150 is better. I also saw Crazy Cut post, I will ask him as well.
I was browsing youtube last night I saw this guy modified the 150 CIgweld https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-3_Kjh0PmA
Does someone knows a shop where I can upgrade the machine just in case? thanks again.

Heres the proof, Â*i posted one 4 years ago..this guy is a sucker and a scum claiming someones idea without due credit.

Posted : 02/03/2017 1:44 am
Share: