MIG welding adventures w/ CIGWELD Weldskil 250 Mig

10 Posts
5 Users
0 Reactions
rosy
 rosy
(@rosy)
Topic starter

I will be posting new metal projects in the coming days using this welding process
so watch out. Kinda excited with the new projects in line.
:agree::clap1::chopper:

CIGWELD Weldskill 250 amp Mig Welder
AHP Alpha-TIG 200X welder
HITRONIC 300 Amp DC Inverter IGBT Welder
YAMATO 300 amp AC Stick Welder
YAMATO 200 amp DC Inverter IGBT Welder
DeWALT Chopsaw
HOBART and ESAB Welding Helmets
cloned STIHLs
MS 044 chainsaw
MS 070 chainsaw

Posted : 16/03/2018 4:47 am
(@velocitor)
Trusted Member

looking forward to them

Posted : 17/03/2018 11:20 am
(@jolens)

Any updates? I want to venture into this too..... not that I hate my stick welds but I want to learn new things. Long time no post since I started stick welding back in 2012

Posted : 17/02/2019 10:24 am
rosy
 rosy
(@rosy)
Topic starter

Bro if you are really interested in learning how to Mig weld, then go for it, buy yourself
a Mig machine, its not really hard to lean how to apply the welds, its more cleaner than
using a stick welder. Only thing is its more expensive compared to a stick welder.

Plus you have to buy yet a tank of Co2 or a tank of mixed gas (80/20) argon/Co2 as your
shielding gas, then a roll of Mig wire. Now if its ok with you all this expenses then go go
for it and enjoy learning the process of Mig welding ! :agree::thumbup:

DeWALT Chopsaw
cloned STIHLs
MS 044 chainsaw
MS 070 chainsaw

Posted : 18/02/2019 5:25 pm
(@velocitor)
Trusted Member

Any updates? I want to venture into this too..... not that I hate my stick welds but I want to learn new things. Long time no post since I started stick welding back in 2012

go for it :)[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"custom","src":"http://pinoyhandyman.com/core/image/gif;base64,R0lGODlhAQABAPABAP///wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw=="}[/IMG2] for a while now i've been using flux-core but just recently i got co2 and a 5kg spool of solid MIG wire. i'm still learning MIG but i gotta say that it won't totally replace other welding methods coz MIG has low penetration and i only have the small Cigweld 135 so i'm limited to thin material. but that's also the advantage of MIG, it's great for thin material. today i welded 1.3mm wall pipe w/ MIG, which was pretty much impossible to do w/ fluxcore

btw if you'll get a MIG machine get one w/ continuously-variable voltage setting. my cigweld 135 only has 4-step voltage control so you can't fine tune it.

Posted : 20/02/2019 3:07 pm
(@ghostdogg)

Since there is no "+new topic" icon so i can create a New Thread,i will post here: Where can i find welding Gas for both Stainless and Mild steel in Cagayan de Oro?

Also where could i find High quality Flux Core Wire. I bought a cheap roll off Lazada...and it acts cheap also!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MillerMatic 211 (FCAW primarily)

Posted : 20/04/2019 11:47 am
rosy
 rosy
(@rosy)
Topic starter

Bro GhostDogg,

If you will just click the MIG/GMAW ( Metal Inert Gas ) under the Metal Working Forum,
you will see there the "New Topic" so you create and post your own New Thread.

If you are planning on using a shielding gas for your Mig welder specially for mild steel,
you can use Co2 but for stainless steel, you will need Co2/Argon mixed gas (80%/20%).
Ask welding shops in your area where they purchase their oxygen and acetylene tanks,
contact their supplier if the have Co2 or mixed gas.

For a good quality Flux Cored wire, you may contact JayL of MyBenta.com, medyo mahal
nga lang.

Hope this helps !! :agree::2thumbsup:

DeWALT Chopsaw
cloned STIHLs
MS 044 chainsaw
MS 070 chainsaw

Posted : 25/04/2019 12:13 am
(@velocitor)
Trusted Member

yeah there are lots of crappy flux-core wire. good FC wire makes a HUUUUUUGE difference! i'm using kiswel K-NGS, just search i have a thread about it. it's not cheap though it's like over 3k i think...

if you have a powerful MIG machine you might just want to save the money you'd spend on expensive fluxcore wire and just go directly to MIG. my 5KG roll of MIG wire costs just P850 on lazada. and my small 15lbs co2 tank w/ content costs P2900

Posted : 28/04/2019 2:51 pm
(@bradleyster)

I think that nowadays you can find a lot of additional information about every product on the internet. If you are interested in different types of welder you can check reviews like https://toolsduty.com/best-welder-for-beginners/ and find all necessary details about the particular elder that you want to purchase.

Posted : 18/05/2019 3:20 am
rosy
 rosy
(@rosy)
Topic starter

@ Bradleyster,

That is a nice and very informative article regarding " toolsduty/welder-for-beginners.
Locally most welders sold in the market now a days are China made and cost really very
cheap and speaking of quality, most are questionable and will not last that long.

DeWALT Chopsaw
cloned STIHLs
MS 044 chainsaw
MS 070 chainsaw

Posted : 20/07/2019 9:11 pm
Share: