Portable Yamato 300 amps

16 Posts
9 Users
0 Reactions
(@havenofear)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Hi guys
I am planning to buy either a portable Yamato 250 or Yamato 300 Amps stick welder. What are the pros and cons of both these machines if they are compared with each other. The difference is only 400 pesos. I will be using it to weld metals about 5mm thick. Oh yes, the seller told me he has no 250 Amps in stock but has 200 Amps and 300 Amps.
Which model should I go for?

Posted : 22/06/2013 4:56 am
bugel
(@bugel)
Noble Member

Re: Portable Yamato 300 amps

If i were you i will go for 300 amps..hindi mo naman masasabi na puro 5mm lang ang i weweld mo..saka 400 php lang naman ang price difference..;)better over specs than not..

Posted : 22/06/2013 8:58 am
rosy
 rosy
(@rosy)

Are you getting the AC welding machine ?? My say to this is that better get the 250 amps DC arc Inverter portable machine. This will be enough for you to weld any thickness you may encounter in the future. 250 amps can weld from 1/16" thick plates up to 3/8" or perhaps 1/2" thick steel/plate with a multiple passes. :rolleyes:

If your seller does not have an available 250 amps DC machine, then better find other sellers that have or carry this specs. DC Inverters are better than simple AC machines in terms of electric consumption, good starting welds, better penetration and less spatters. This type of machine can be plugged in an ordinary household outlet. See if you can get a RILON 250 amps DC Inverter weld machine, it can suffice for light or heavy duty applications. 😉

Medyo mas mahal nga lang ang DC compared to AC machines. 🙁 But if you insist on the AC machines, then its your choice.

CIGWELD Weldskill 250 amp Mig Welder
AHP Alpha-TIG 200X welder
HITRONIC 300 Amp DC Inverter IGBT Welder
YAMATO 300 amp AC Stick Welder
YAMATO 200 amp DC Inverter IGBT Welder
DeWALT Chopsaw
HOBART and ESAB Welding Helmets
cloned STIHLs
MS 044 chainsaw
MS 070 chainsaw

Posted : 29/06/2013 7:50 pm
(@miked)
Reputable Member

to the TS, kunin mo na yung mas mataas ang amperage kung ganyan din lang ang price difference. me too also plans on buying an AC welding machine. para sa repairs on agri machinery later on.

powercraft 300 sa tools from us sa cubao ay 4.9k ata nung last time na tanong ko. pero aluminum yun na 20% duty rating at full amps. compared to 40% na mga copper. kaso walang powercraft na copper dun. cheaper yung mga yamato portable by about 1k, inquire ka kay industrial supply. may discount ka pa.

Posted : 01/07/2013 2:54 pm
(@migueltyler)

Yung 200amp na dc weld, kaya b nya yung babad or yung uubos ng 1 stick in one shot. D kaya magprotect? Bibili kasi ako, iniisip ko kung ac na 300amp or dc na 200amp.

Posted : 10/02/2015 5:14 am
(@migueltyler)

Yung 200amp na dc weld, kaya b nya yung babad or yung uubos ng 1 stick in one shot. D kaya magprotect? Bibili kasi ako, iniisip ko kung ac na 300amp or dc na 200amp.

Posted : 10/02/2015 7:29 am
(@irobuang)
Eminent Member

mas maganda dc na 200a in my opinion compared to ac na 300a, based on my own experience i own yamato 200a dc welder, and so far, kahit walang putol-putol na gamit hindi po ito nag-overload kahit walang tigil ang isang stick in full load na 200a

Posted : 10/02/2015 7:16 pm
(@migueltyler)

sino po ba ang alam nyong trusted seller ng yamato dc welding machine?

Posted : 11/02/2015 12:11 am
(@fourtheboys96)
Reputable Member

mas maganda dc na 200a in my opinion compared to ac na 300a, based on my own experience i own yamato 200a dc welder, and so far, kahit walang putol-putol na gamit hindi po ito nag-overload kahit walang tigil ang isang stick in full load na 200a

no offense meant pero nagamit mo din ba yung 300a version? kasi kung hindi, baka ma-mislead yung TS kung sasabihin mo na mas ok yung 200a kesa sa 300a kahit wala ka experience na magamit yung 300a.

Posted : 11/02/2015 9:32 am
rosy
 rosy
(@rosy)

sino po ba ang alam nyong trusted seller ng yamato dc welding machine?

Bro, as far as I know you can source or get your DC inverter from Industrialsupply 143 in Quezon City, headed by Joseph S. who by the way also a member of this forum. You may also consider GOLDPEAK Tools & Hardware, headed by Heric Martinez ( coolmaxheric ), also a member of this forum.

May I suggest considering the 300 amp DC Inverter Yamato for I believe its a better choice than the 200 amp DC welder. They are both selling the welder at the same price but the former source can give discounts to PHM members. I have nothing against the 200 amp DC welder which I have been using for the past years but decided I wanted a more powerful welder so I got myself a 300 amp DC Inverter , only its a different brand which they didn't have yet one before. And I have been fully satisfied with its performance for more than a year now:thumbup:, also its much much better than my other 300 amp AC welder.

Hope this helps !! :whistle:

DeWALT Chopsaw
cloned STIHLs
MS 044 chainsaw
MS 070 chainsaw

Posted : 11/02/2015 3:37 pm
(@irobuang)
Eminent Member

no offense meant pero nagamit mo din ba yung 300a version? kasi kung hindi, baka ma-mislead yung TS kung sasabihin mo na mas ok yung 200a kesa sa 300a kahit wala ka experience na magamit yung 300a.

sir fourtheboys96 nakatry na po ako gumamit ng AC 300A na welder pero DC 300A hindi pa po

sir pakibasa po ang post ni migueltyler he is comparing AC 300A to DC 200A, kaya nagcomment ako na mas maganda ang DC 200A na ito

sir fourtheboys96, sa tingin ko po migueltyler was not comparing DC 300A vs DC 200A so paano mo po masabi na mamislead si migueltyler?

Posted : 14/02/2015 6:50 pm
(@dangee-antrajenda)

Good day! I'm just helping my father to choose what welding machine to buy.
Can someone please tell the difference between 300 AMP DC and 300 AMP AC, and which is better for heavy duty and not., and if there's portable of this kind?
How much does it usually cost and can you also please recommend a trusted seller? Around Manila/Caloocan area.

Thanks in advance and God bless.

Posted : 20/11/2017 3:45 pm
(@fourtheboys96)
Reputable Member

Can someone please tell the difference between 300 AMP DC and 300 AMP AC, and which is better for heavy duty and not., and if there's portable of this kind?
How much does it usually cost and can you also please recommend a trusted seller? Around Manila/Caloocan area.

For prices, visit this site
https://goldapextools.com/collections/welding-machine
https://shop.goldpeaktools.com.ph/pages/yamato-welding
(I not in anyway connected with gold apex /gold peak but I visit their website to check for prices)

If you click on the link, you can find a portable version of 300A welding machine.
**Choose copper coil over aluminum
**The higher the duty cycle the better (ex. 40% duty cycle means 4 minutes of welding, 6 minutes rest)

I only have an AC welder but from what I read DC is easier to use.

Posted : 24/11/2017 10:44 am
rosy
 rosy
(@rosy)

I own both, a 300 amp Yamato AC machine and a 300 amp HiTronic DC Inverter machine.
Both are heavy duty welding machines that can take any punishment thrown at them in terms of usage.

The AC machine is really heavy and bulky, yes they have caster wheels but I find them too small for the unit that is why its hard to move around. In terms of pricing, its a lot cheaper and fairly affordable. A unit of this 300 amp are priced from 6,500K up to 10K, beyond that sobrang mahal na.
Usage, it can take any size and type of welding rod, 6013, 6010, 6011, 7018, 7024 etc.
For electrical connection, provide a real heavy duty plug and socket and a breaker for it or you can just tap the wiring to your fuse box of 60 amps.
The machine has a loud buzzing sound during welding.

The DC machine is lighter and more portable unit, you can easily carry it anywhere you need to do some welding. DC machines are a bit more expensive, from 12K to 16K or more for the branded machine like mine. For usage, soft start, easy to use and can also take different size and type of welding rods. This can be plugged in an ordinary household outlet and has minimal buzzing sound
when welding. DC units require some duty cycle, the 60% duty cycle is the best preferred one.

https://www.olx.ph/item/yamato-weldi...l?h=a97efd5982
Dragon Prime Enterprises is the importer of this brand, just look for Joseph.
They give warranties and the service center of their Yamato brand, etc.

https://shop.goldpeaktools.com.ph/co.../welding-needs
Just look for Heric (coolmaxheric), he is also a member of this forum.
This is where I purchased my HiTronic DC Inverter machine.

Hope this helps !! :chopper:

DeWALT Chopsaw
cloned STIHLs
MS 044 chainsaw
MS 070 chainsaw

Posted : 28/11/2017 1:31 am
(@melwelder)

Guys for yamato welding settings po how would u know yung amp settings? 1 to 7 lang kasi label ng selector ko eh. Yamato 300A

Posted : 24/09/2018 9:24 am
Page 1 / 2
Share: