Yamato DC 200A Inveter Welder in Action

298 Posts
39 Users
0 Reactions
JayL
 JayL
(@jayl)
Topic starter

Let's post our Yamato Welders in action here so we can all consolidate the info on actual use. We hope to gain from each other's learning experiences. Good welds, bad welds , pros, cons .... etc.... probably machine mods too after the warranty expires.

Millermatic 180 Autoset Mig Welder
Miller Spoolmate 100 Spool Gun
Victor Firepower 350 Oxy Ace Outfit
3M Speedglas 9002X AD Helmet
Makita LC1230 Dry Cut Saw
Ingersoll Rand Air Tools
Snap On Tools
Metabo Power Tools
Norseman Drill Cutting Tools
Bosch Power Tools
3M PPS

Posted : 28/05/2012 3:30 pm
JayL
 JayL
(@jayl)
Topic starter

Re: Yamato DC 200A Inveter Welder in Action

I am currently building wall shelves for my woodshop. I need 3 more of these. The one below I built using a Mig welder. I'm planning to try and build the next one using my Yamato DC welder. The material is 1.5mm square tubes and angle bars.

I only have a few hours of stick welding under my belt done several years ago. Hope to learn more stick welding now that I have a DC welder already.

Ingersoll Rand Air Tools
Snap On Tools
Metabo Power Tools
Bosch Power Tools
3M PPS

Posted : 28/05/2012 3:47 pm
rosy
 rosy
(@rosy)

This will also be a good thread for our new welders, they can start posting their on going or finished metal projects here using this weld machine. I've seen balarila's project for his stocks of wood supply to be installed in his garage soon as he finishes the initial angle bar shelvings using this Yamato, well not so great welds but can still be rectified and improved and have encouraged him to post it so that others may also be inspired.

So all you guys specially the PHM new welders, post your on going metal wips here whether with ugly welds or not so that those of us who can understand can help you improve your weld applications.

Kung mga practice welds lang eh duon na lang sa kabilang thread !!!!!!!!!! OKIDOKIS mga bros !!!!!!!!

CIGWELD Weldskill 250 amp Mig Welder
AHP Alpha-TIG 200X welder
HITRONIC 300 Amp DC Inverter IGBT Welder
YAMATO 300 amp AC Stick Welder
YAMATO 200 amp DC Inverter IGBT Welder
DeWALT Chopsaw
HOBART and ESAB Welding Helmets
cloned STIHLs
MS 044 chainsaw
MS 070 chainsaw

Posted : 28/05/2012 4:11 pm
(@swordsman)
Eminent Member

Hi, newbie here interested in metal works. Still in the process of back-reading the Welding Newbie thread (Page 80+ na ko).

I just want to ask how much did you get the Yamato DC 200A Inverter Welder and where you got it? Any particular reason you got the Yamato brand instead of other brands of DC Inverter welders?

Posted : 30/05/2012 10:55 am
rosy
 rosy
(@rosy)

@ swordsman,

Bro with regards to the price, I'll just PM you later. Now, where it was purchased?, kindly read the thread " Poll Survey for Yamato 200amp DC welder ", click to page 3 and go to post/reply #28, its all there, location of the warehouse and some directions on how to go there.

So why did we chose this kind (YAMATO brand) of weld machine ? Well price is a great factor here. I have researched for other available DC Inverters sa the market but their prices were to much (high) for my pocket, eh prices of others were double or triple folds, eh pare pareho naman silang naka advertise ay China or Taiwan made. Another factor is that this brand has made a mark or reputation here in our country already for so long, most welding shops or fabrication shops in the country have this weld machines though its the bulky AC machines .

Now for a beginner this machine is just perfect to have, its cheap, sourced direct from the importer, portable, lightweight, easy to use and the brand it carries has made already a reputation as a good weld machine plus carries a good after sales service in case the unit become defective within 6 months or to 1 year. 😉

In other words, for beginners, swak na swak in terms of pricing and some perks. :D:p

DeWALT Chopsaw
cloned STIHLs
MS 044 chainsaw
MS 070 chainsaw

Posted : 30/05/2012 8:10 pm
(@swordsman)
Eminent Member

Thank you sir rosy. Hopefully i can get one na very soon. Added also my name to the list.

Posted : 31/05/2012 3:39 pm
(@antontan)

Bro with regards to the price, I'll just PM you later. Now, where it was purchased?, kindly read the thread " Poll Survey for Yamato 200amp DC welder ", click to page 3 and go to post/reply #28, its all there, location of the warehouse and some directions on how to go there.

So why did we chose this kind (YAMATO brand) of weld machine ? Well price is a great factor here. I have researched for other available DC Inverters sa the market but their prices were to much (high) for my pocket, eh prices of others were double or triple folds, eh pare pareho naman silang naka advertise ay China or Taiwan made. Another factor is that this brand has made a mark or reputation here in our country already for so long, most welding shops or fabrication shops in the country have this weld machines though its the bulky AC machines .

Now for a beginner this machine is just perfect to have, its cheap, sourced direct from the importer, portable, lightweight, easy to use and the brand it carries has made already a reputation as a good weld machine plus carries a good after sales service in case the unit become defective within 6 months or to 1 year. 😉

In other words, for beginners, swak na swak in terms of pricing and some perks. :D:p

Bro, pweding paki PM ang price ng yamato 200amps DC inverter welder.Thank you

Posted : 31/05/2012 5:51 pm
(@antontan)

@ ROSY

Bro, pweding paki PM ang price ng yamato 200amps DC inverter welder.Thank you

Posted : 31/05/2012 5:53 pm
rosy
 rosy
(@rosy)

@ antontan,

Brad, Pm sent na !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DeWALT Chopsaw
cloned STIHLs
MS 044 chainsaw
MS 070 chainsaw

Posted : 01/06/2012 2:00 pm
(@rogin24)
Eminent Member

@rosy magkano po ang yamato 200amps DC inverter welder, para sa mga member ng PHM, paki PM na lang po
TIA

Posted : 01/06/2012 3:10 pm
rosy
 rosy
(@rosy)

@ rogin24,

Brad, PM sent already, !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DeWALT Chopsaw
cloned STIHLs
MS 044 chainsaw
MS 070 chainsaw

Posted : 01/06/2012 5:11 pm
JayL
 JayL
(@jayl)
Topic starter

Tomorrow I will tack weld these brackets with the Yamato.

Ingersoll Rand Air Tools
Snap On Tools
Metabo Power Tools
Bosch Power Tools
3M PPS

Posted : 01/06/2012 10:54 pm
(@willy1467)
Estimable Member

Here is my latest wip. Collapsible tables for our school canteen. The dimension of the table is 16" x 96". The height will be determined tomorrow upon approval of our principal. Medyo narrow siya. (for pre schoolers).
The top will be 3/4 plywood with 1 1/4 x 3/16 angle bar frame as support to stiffen the table. I used wipweld welding rod. Setting of my welder is between 100 - 120. (I will post tomorrow what kind of welding rod I used.Sorry forgot to take note of it.)

Posted : 01/06/2012 11:31 pm
(@willy1467)
Estimable Member

I cut the angle bars to size and laid it out on the table top. Placed metal sheets to protect the plywood when I weld the angle bars. There are some deflection of the chop saw blade kaya you can see gaps on the corners.

Posted : 01/06/2012 11:38 pm
(@willy1467)
Estimable Member

Tack weld the corners first. Ang laki ng gap! I don't experience that when working with wood. But that can be easily remedied.

Posted : 01/06/2012 11:43 pm
Page 1 / 20
Share: