Yamato DC 200A Inveter Welder in Action

298 Posts
39 Users
0 Reactions
bugel
(@bugel)
Noble Member

Re: Yamato DC 200A Inveter Welder in Action

Ayos yan bro bugel !!! Come to think of it, its great to know that "na nganganak" ang chopsaw stand project of bro JayL, truly it has become very useful for other metal boys.

i agree sir rosy bago ko nga ginawa to ni review ko muna yung chopsaw stand ni sir jayL,mas madaling mag fabricate kung may pattern ka ng susundan..:D

@ sir jayL thanks for sharing your chopsaw stand project:thanks:

Posted : 22/02/2013 9:34 am
rosy
 rosy
(@rosy)

Great job bro bugel, yes its really easier to fabricate something when you have a ready made pattern or sample to follow and perhaps do your own version, same thing with bro JayLs', he patterned it from a guy from Welding Web forum, there are lots of projects there for welders that can inspire others or can be copied and its free for every one. 😉

I have only one concern with your version, I hope you remove the YAMATO underneath when you cut your metals,metal dust or shavings might get inside the weld machine or madudumihan lang yung welder, sayang naman. 😮

But overall, ayos na ayos ang construction at finish and as bro JayL said, and I quote !

" Your chop saw stand bro will greatly increase your cutting capabilities .. ease, accuracy and repeat-ability. Bonus is less time for saw setup and cleanup."

CIGWELD Weldskill 250 amp Mig Welder
AHP Alpha-TIG 200X welder
HITRONIC 300 Amp DC Inverter IGBT Welder
YAMATO 300 amp AC Stick Welder
YAMATO 200 amp DC Inverter IGBT Welder
DeWALT Chopsaw
HOBART and ESAB Welding Helmets
cloned STIHLs
MS 044 chainsaw
MS 070 chainsaw

Posted : 22/02/2013 10:17 am
(@joey81)

I have only one concern with your version, I hope you remove the YAMATO underneath when you cut your metals,metal dust or shavings might get inside the weld machine or madudumihan lang yung welder, sayang naman. 😮

Or worse. The debris might find its way into the electronics of the DC welder. Bzzzt!

Posted : 22/02/2013 10:29 am
JayL
 JayL
(@jayl)
Topic starter

Here try to check this chop saw stand's sparks guard ...

http://weldingweb.com/showthread.php?t=95281&highlight=chop+stand

Millermatic 180 Autoset Mig Welder
Miller Spoolmate 100 Spool Gun
Victor Firepower 350 Oxy Ace Outfit
3M Speedglas 9002X AD Helmet
Makita LC1230 Dry Cut Saw
Ingersoll Rand Air Tools
Snap On Tools
Metabo Power Tools
Norseman Drill Cutting Tools
Bosch Power Tools
3M PPS

Posted : 22/02/2013 10:57 am
ossie
(@ossie)
Noble Member

guys,
makisingit lang, sana "in Action" lang yung i post... tapos yung mga WIP e gawan ng sariling Title para malinis at madaling subaybayan po hehehe

salamas.

keep it burning!!!! miss ko na DC welder ko huhuhuhu

[COLOR="Blue"]Putting two pieces of metal together so they stay together - Bigote
[COLOR="DarkOrange"]Use the right tool for the right job!

Posted : 22/02/2013 11:00 am
bugel
(@bugel)
Noble Member

Great job bro bugel, yes its really easier to fabricate something when you have a ready made pattern or sample to follow and perhaps do your own version, same thing with bro JayLs', he patterned it from a guy from Welding Web forum, there are lots of projects there for welders that can inspire others or can be copied and its free for every one. 😉

But overall, ayos na ayos ang construction at finish and as bro JayL said, and I quote !

" Your chop saw stand bro will greatly increase your cutting capabilities .. ease, accuracy and repeat-ability. Bonus is less time for saw setup and cleanup."

I'll keep that in mind sir rosy and thanks for appreciating my little project.:thanks:

Posted : 22/02/2013 11:03 am
rosy
 rosy
(@rosy)

Here try to check this chop saw stand's sparks guard ...

http://weldingweb.com/showthread.php?t=95281&highlight=chop+stand

Very nice set-up by jdh239s' sparks guard but for me I think I will only control the sparks being thrown out in front but what about the sparks and dust being thrown out at the cutters direction and the sides plus the rest of the dust like this one,

OR

Anyway probably another way is to have bro bugel provide a fitted cover (probably some leatherette type of cover) over the weld machine to protect it from metal dust or whatever. 😉

DeWALT Chopsaw
cloned STIHLs
MS 044 chainsaw
MS 070 chainsaw

Posted : 22/02/2013 12:19 pm
ossie
(@ossie)
Noble Member

[COLOR="Blue"]guys,
makisingit lang, sana "in Action" lang yung i post... tapos yung mga WIP e gawan ng sariling Title para malinis at madaling subaybayan po hehehe

salamas.

[COLOR="Blue"]Putting two pieces of metal together so they stay together - Bigote

Posted : 23/02/2013 10:19 am
rosy
 rosy
(@rosy)

hehehehe, Tama ka nga bro OSSIE, siguro yung pic/s na lang and ipost using the welder but the whole process of welding WIP project is in a new thread title.

OKIDOKIS, we'll be doing that, thanks for the reminder !!!!!!!!!!! 😀 :cheerleader3:

DeWALT Chopsaw
cloned STIHLs
MS 044 chainsaw
MS 070 chainsaw

Posted : 23/02/2013 10:52 am
ossie
(@ossie)
Noble Member

oo bro rosy, para madali subaybayan at madaling hanapin for reference 😀 at para organize din po

salamas ulit.

hehehehe, Tama ka nga bro OSSIE, siguro yung pic/s na lang and ipost using the welder but the whole process of welding WIP project is in a new thread title.

OKIDOKIS, we'll be doing that, thanks for the reminder !!!!!!!!!!! 😀 :cheerleader3:

Posted : 23/02/2013 11:01 am
JayL
 JayL
(@jayl)
Topic starter

guys,

salamas.

For major wips then this will be a good idea. A separate thread will be easier to search.

Examples are Welding Tables, Chop Saw Stands, Metal and Sheet Benders and any other WIPs that take longer to build due to the amount of work involved to get it done. None the less it could be anything as long as it's posted in the right forum section. In addition it would be easier to give credit to the builders for their generosity in sharing their work and ideas.

Millermatic 180 Autoset Mig Welder
Miller Spoolmate 100 Spool Gun
Victor Firepower 350 Oxy Ace Outfit
3M Speedglas 9002X AD Helmet
Makita LC1230 Dry Cut Saw
Ingersoll Rand Air Tools
Snap On Tools
Metabo Power Tools
Norseman Drill Cutting Tools
Bosch Power Tools
3M PPS

Posted : 23/02/2013 3:17 pm
rosy
 rosy
(@rosy)

Just sharing here pics using the Yamato DC weld machine while working on the 3 in 1 Stinger holder and Stand.
😉 :cheerleader:

DeWALT Chopsaw
cloned STIHLs
MS 044 chainsaw
MS 070 chainsaw

Posted : 12/03/2013 4:31 pm
rosy
 rosy
(@rosy)

Another pics of the Yamato 200 AMP DC Inverter in action !!
Working on the 20 Feet GI Pipe Ladder project....re-weld/repair.

DeWALT Chopsaw
cloned STIHLs
MS 044 chainsaw
MS 070 chainsaw

Posted : 26/04/2013 6:17 pm
(@miked)
Reputable Member

good day sa inyong lahat.

ano po current rating ng circuit breaker para sa welder na gamit nyo? salamat. for the meantime tinap ko muna sa electrical outlet sa garahe yung welder. hubo't hubad na welder na sinanla sakin for 1.5k, gumagana naman. pero di na binalikan. 1 month ang usapan.

ngayon lang uli kasi nakapagwelding after 5 years. medyo bumabalik uli ang natutunan sa welding nung college. maraming welding rod pa uubusin bago mamaster.

anyway, mukhang maganda rin itong yamato na to a based on feedbacks. will buy one soon lalu na sa "mobile" jobs.

Posted : 29/04/2013 3:05 pm
rosy
 rosy
(@rosy)

Hi Miked,

A 30 amps will do but it is better to use 60 amps if possible, that is what I use for both my 300 amps and 200 amps YAMATO welders, but you see the DC welder we are using can be plugged-in in an ordinary household socket/outlet, 15 or 20 amp rating. 😉

With regards to your " hubo't hubad " na welder, is this the type that can be purchased at ordinary hardware stores that are usually cheap and usually colored brick red ? Do post a pic so we can identify or see its make.

Well there are other brands too available in the market, like Rilon, Creston, Fujihama, Powercraft, Nihonweld and others. Reason we got this brand is because its the cheapest in the market compared with the other Chiwanese brands mentioned and so far mine after more than a year of use is still holding up and performing well. Plus the fact that the seller of this brand offered us good after sales service. I am not saying its the best brand in the market but its still doing fine and have reached some level beyond expectations. You may try it if you want, you might really enjoy using it due to its soft start, easy to use and portability. 😎

Right now I'm planning to get another brand of DC stick welder but on a higher amperage, 250 amps I suppose. Nothing against the YAMATO brand, I would like to see and compare both their capabilities and differences and of course what would be the better brand in terms of applications. :cool01:

GOOD LUCK on your choice !! :shake:

DeWALT Chopsaw
cloned STIHLs
MS 044 chainsaw
MS 070 chainsaw

Posted : 30/04/2013 3:36 am