Clear all

Yamato DC 200A Inveter Welder in Action

298 Posts
39 Users
0 Reactions
(@willy1467)
Estimable Member

Re: Yamato DC 200A Inveter Welder in Action

After taking all four corners I then proceeded to tack the inside corners. Sorry I only showed you the good welds. 🙂 I'm embarrassed to show you the other welds. Blame it on unsteady hands. (Pasmado na ata). As you can see, I applied multiple tacks. I think brader rosy can best describe what method I used.

Posted : 01/06/2012 11:51 pm
(@willy1467)
Estimable Member

Di ba I mentioned na may gap yung cut ko. I just made multiple tacks to close the gap at the corners. Didn't do a good job at it. There are still some gap. Need to steady my hands.

Posted : 01/06/2012 11:55 pm
(@willy1467)
Estimable Member

Continued to weld all the corners. It's ok for now but it could be better. Grinder lang ang katapat nyan.

Posted : 01/06/2012 11:59 pm
(@willy1467)
Estimable Member

Here is the finished frame. I manged to weld an angle bar at the center of the frame to prevent the frame from bowing. One down five more to go. ( I managed to weld 3 frames today) To be continued tomorrow.

Posted : 02/06/2012 12:03 am
(@willy1467)
Estimable Member

Heto nga pala ibang weld ko from previous projects (computer table). Pati pala ground clamp may
weld din. Sa mga nagsisimula, bawal ang pasmado. Look what happened to my clamp :(.

Posted : 02/06/2012 12:10 am
(@willy1467)
Estimable Member

Heto ko during my computer table project. Please wear proper clothing when wleding. Medyo hard headed tayo kaya heto hindi maiwasan mapaso sa mga sparks.:aray: ouch!

Posted : 02/06/2012 12:16 am
(@willy1467)
Estimable Member

Here is my finished computer table. This was used to be tables from a department store. We got them from an auction house a few years back.

The bottom portion was painted black. I made 12 of these.

Posted : 02/06/2012 12:25 am
rosy
 rosy
(@rosy)

After taking all four corners I then proceeded to tack the inside corners. Sorry I only showed you the good welds. 🙂 I'm embarrassed to show you the other welds. Blame it on unsteady hands. (Pasmado na ata). As you can see, I applied multiple tacks. I think brader rosy can best describe what method I used.

Bro willy1467,

Bro don't be scared or ashamed to show some ugly weld applications, ok lang yon ! I was also encouraged before by bro JayL to post and show ugly welds during my welding PIPs with thin sheet metals, dyan tayo matututo, from our mistakes, so next time , we try to improve it, diba bro ?

By the way willy, what is the thickness of your angle bar ? Yes bro, the multiple tacks or spot weld were just fine but I have a TIP FOR YOU MY FRIEND, after filling up the gaps with these continuous tacks, grind it a little to even the surface, huwag mong paabutin sa base metal, ok after grinding, of course medyo makapal na ang matal surface, now try to apply a continuous weld starting from the edge going inside of the angle bar, purpose of this is to strenghten metal fusion and close all possible metal gaps, try it bro, mas malinis lalabas weld mo, hehehe.:p

CIGWELD Weldskill 250 amp Mig Welder
AHP Alpha-TIG 200X welder
HITRONIC 300 Amp DC Inverter IGBT Welder
YAMATO 300 amp AC Stick Welder
YAMATO 200 amp DC Inverter IGBT Welder
DeWALT Chopsaw
HOBART and ESAB Welding Helmets
cloned STIHLs
MS 044 chainsaw
MS 070 chainsaw

Posted : 02/06/2012 12:25 am
(@willy1467)
Estimable Member

Bro willy1467,

Bro don't be scared or ashamed to show some ugly weld applications, ok lang yon ! I was also encouraged before by bro JayL to post and show ugly welds during my welding PIPs with thin sheet metals, dyan tayo matututo, from our mistakes, so next time , we try to improve it, diba bro ?

By the way willy, what is the thickness of your angle bar ? Yes bro, the multiple tacks or spot weld were just fine but I have a TIP FOR YOU MY FRIEND, after filling up the gaps with these continuous tacks, grind it a little to even the surface, huwag mong paabutin sa base metal, ok after grinding, of course medyo makapal na ang matal surface, now try to apply a continuous weld starting from the edge going inside of the angle bar, purpose of this is to strenghten metal fusion and close all possible metal gaps, try it bro, mas malinis lalabas weld mo, hehehe.:p

Thanks bro. Try ko tomorrow.
This morning pala. :thanks:

Posted : 02/06/2012 12:43 am
JayL
 JayL
(@jayl)
Topic starter

Nice very useful projects Bro Willy.

I too have ugly welds till now. My thinking is that ugly welds can be corrected by angle grinders. What's more important for me is that my welds hold up well. Thus I make sure I come in as hot as my welder and the metals can take it ( to insure proper metal penetration and fusion ) while keeping distortion at an acceptable level.

There was a time when I full weld everything. I've been a bit wiser now after some experience and I apply only welds at strategic positions. Just a little bit more than needed. It helps me keep metal distortions at bay.

If I make a welding mistake I usually grind first before I re weld again to correct a problem or for aesthetics. More often than not I still line or mark with a soapstone so I can see where I want to start and stop my welds.

Millermatic 180 Autoset Mig Welder
Miller Spoolmate 100 Spool Gun
Victor Firepower 350 Oxy Ace Outfit
3M Speedglas 9002X AD Helmet
Makita LC1230 Dry Cut Saw
Ingersoll Rand Air Tools
Snap On Tools
Metabo Power Tools
Norseman Drill Cutting Tools
Bosch Power Tools
3M PPS

Posted : 02/06/2012 1:41 am
(@antontan)

@ antontan,

Brad, Pm sent na !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you sa reply mo .nag PM ako sayo pero check ko send message box di na send.Thank you sa details tungkol sa yamato dc welder. Dito ako sa Kuwait nag work nagbakasyon ako last april dyan.:thanks:

Posted : 02/06/2012 3:30 pm
(@antontan)

Thank you sa reply mo .nag PM ako sayo pero check ko send message box di na send.Thank you sa details tungkol sa yamato dc welder. Dito ako sa Kuwait nag work nagbakasyon ako last april dyan.

Posted : 02/06/2012 3:32 pm
(@antontan)

@ antontan,

Brad, Pm sent na !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you sa reply mo .nag PM ako sayo pero check ko send message box di na send.Thank you sa details tungkol sa yamato dc welder. Dito ako sa Kuwait nag work nagbakasyon ako last april dyan.:thanks:

Posted : 02/06/2012 3:34 pm
rosy
 rosy
(@rosy)

@ antontan,

Brad, actually I got three private messages from you with the same content, ok then you are most welcome and glad I can be of help to you.

CIGWELD Weldskill 250 amp Mig Welder
AHP Alpha-TIG 200X welder
HITRONIC 300 Amp DC Inverter IGBT Welder
YAMATO 300 amp AC Stick Welder
YAMATO 200 amp DC Inverter IGBT Welder
DeWALT Chopsaw
HOBART and ESAB Welding Helmets
cloned STIHLs
MS 044 chainsaw
MS 070 chainsaw

Posted : 02/06/2012 7:31 pm
JayL
 JayL
(@jayl)
Topic starter

I wanted to try the Yamato on my shelf WIP ... 1" x 1" x 1.5mm square tubes

The welder is grounded directly to my welding table via quick disconnect ... stinger setup DC Electrode Positive

As usual my go to rod is the Cigweld 7024 ... because I find it easier to use on my part

I did some test again on scrap material the same as I will weld to re verify that setup will be ok at 135-140A

Millermatic 180 Autoset Mig Welder
Miller Spoolmate 100 Spool Gun
Victor Firepower 350 Oxy Ace Outfit
3M Speedglas 9002X AD Helmet
Makita LC1230 Dry Cut Saw
Ingersoll Rand Air Tools
Snap On Tools
Metabo Power Tools
Norseman Drill Cutting Tools
Bosch Power Tools
3M PPS

Posted : 03/06/2012 7:26 pm