Clear all

Yamato DC 200A Inveter Welder in Action

298 Posts
39 Users
0 Reactions
(@jonathanscruz68)
Noble Member

Re: Yamato DC 200A Inveter Welder in Action

Bro jon, may I suggest that you add another piece of flat bar support under these welded joints just to be sure kasi sa tingin ko baka bumigay pa yan in the long run, sorry bro pero baka kulang pa metal fusion nyan.

Wala namang masama kung patitibayin pa yan, di ba ?? Pwede pa namang galapaan yang underside na yan habang wala pang pinta at karga na mga washing machines.

naku brad rosy...tapos na ang first metal project ko nung nabasa ko ito...

naikasa ko na ang washing machine at spin drier...
don't you worry brad rosy, those angle bars are the thicker ones, i think they are 4mm thick.
kaya inisip ko na kaya namang buhatin yung mga washing machines,na made of plastics, so they are lighter na....

tsaka mukhang kulang pa rin nga yung metal fusion ko brad sa ibang portion, na check ko rin kasi when grinding...
e di gumawa ulit ng stand pag bumigay ! :bike2:

Posted : 24/06/2012 9:39 pm
rosy
 rosy
(@rosy)

brad jayL,
yesterday i went to quiapo to have my first ever eyeglass..
and this morning have time to set my welder to see and check if i'm right in my amp setting...
and it is now that i realized that the setting of the amperage of our welder are in increments of 20's...

you are right then brad jay, i should say 120-140 settings...signs of time...:glassesf:
however, i still got good rod burnings at 100...
:thanks:

Bro jon and JayL,

Usually when I am using a 1/8 E6013 rod, I set my amperage to 100 or 120, these settings can already give a very good rod burns but with a 7018 or 7024, I increase the setting to 140 or 160 amps, but that will also depend on the thickness of the metal I will be welding.

Another point here is that ones thing now I do not like with this Yamato is the very small numbers of the dial 🙁 where we set the amperage, hehehe, kahit may salamin na ako, still have to look closer to clearly see the numbers. lol,

CIGWELD Weldskill 250 amp Mig Welder
AHP Alpha-TIG 200X welder
HITRONIC 300 Amp DC Inverter IGBT Welder
YAMATO 300 amp AC Stick Welder
YAMATO 200 amp DC Inverter IGBT Welder
DeWALT Chopsaw
HOBART and ESAB Welding Helmets
cloned STIHLs
MS 044 chainsaw
MS 070 chainsaw

Posted : 24/06/2012 9:50 pm
(@av973)
Estimable Member

Salamat sa encouragement.

Newbie pa rin Brader Jon. More and more practice pa. More rods to burn on practice plates. Already used up both sides of my 2in x 4ft flat bar. May isa pa to burn on practice lessons. I think I have to get few pcs this wkend at AL metals (marikina) when I drop a visit to my parents.

By the way. I think clean metal surface really yields a better result. JayL said this on his several posts. Lincoln electric ppt and pdf materials w/c I have downloaded said the same thing. Until next post...

Posted : 24/06/2012 10:34 pm
JayL
 JayL
(@jayl)
Topic starter

Yes Av973 ... I've found out too that a little cleaning of the metal parts to be welded yield advantages ...

More often that not I use a wire wheel brush .... a flap disc, grinding wheel or just plain hand wire brush or even sand paper... however the cleaner the metals the more advantage ... worth a try ... it's second nature to me now before I weld, be it Stick or Mig Welding.

Wire Cup brush works well too ... just the parts where the welds will be applied. For me I prefer to prep and clean all in one time so I can weld uninterruptedly. If I can only have one wire brush for my grinder then I'll get this one below.

I never tried chemical cleaning so far.

Millermatic 180 Autoset Mig Welder
Miller Spoolmate 100 Spool Gun
Victor Firepower 350 Oxy Ace Outfit
3M Speedglas 9002X AD Helmet
Makita LC1230 Dry Cut Saw
Ingersoll Rand Air Tools
Snap On Tools
Metabo Power Tools
Norseman Drill Cutting Tools
Bosch Power Tools
3M PPS

Posted : 25/06/2012 1:28 am
(@balarila)
Noble Member

I think clean metal surface really yields a better result. JayL said this on his several posts.

Aray! Kanina pa ako tinatamaan!

Posted : 25/06/2012 5:13 am
rosy
 rosy
(@rosy)

Here're feeble attempts by my son and me. Heck, my son's even a better welder than I am.

Making a wood rack for my boatbuild and other projects. No need to make it pretty. Just functional.

We'll get better in time. I hope.

Bro, don' forget to somewhat grind your welds just to see if there are still some gaps in your metal joints, maybe try to make another pass of welds after grinding. Alao when removing rust, use the flap disc I gave you and not the grinding stone disc. 😮 Siguro malapit ng tumayo yang wood rack mo na yan ano ?? :p

DeWALT Chopsaw
cloned STIHLs
MS 044 chainsaw
MS 070 chainsaw

Posted : 25/06/2012 9:52 am
(@balarila)
Noble Member

Salamat for the tips, Rosy.

Tamad lang talaga kami. Gusto banat agad. But will be more disciplined in subsequent jobs.

Posted : 25/06/2012 10:23 am
(@jonathanscruz68)
Noble Member

here's joey junior, walang panama ang tatay...

be inform that the kid was supervised by an experts in welding.
first time the kid get hold of this welder...
kaya bahala na ang tatay pumigil sa kid baka malagpasan pa nya galing ng tatay nya !!!:win:

Posted : 08/07/2012 3:16 pm
JayL
 JayL
(@jayl)
Topic starter

I just love seeing kids being oriented in what we love to do even at their early ages .... a better future lies ahead.

Go go go :attack::attack::attack:

Ingersoll Rand Air Tools
Snap On Tools
Metabo Power Tools
Bosch Power Tools
3M PPS

Posted : 08/07/2012 5:12 pm
(@joey81)

I just love seeing kids being oriented in what we love to do even at their early ages .... a better future lies ahead.

Go go go :attack::attack::attack:

When rapairing stuff or working on projects I often ask for his assistance or just simply watch what I do. Just like what my father did.

I noticed that my son was doing it only for the sake of obeying me. I was surprised when he asked rosy if he can try it for himself. Its time to buy an ADH.

Posted : 08/07/2012 9:03 pm
JayL
 JayL
(@jayl)
Topic starter

When rapairing stuff or working on projects I often ask for his assistance or just simply watch what I do. Just like what my father did.

I noticed that my son was doing it only for the sake of obeying me. I was surprised when he asked rosy if he can try it for himself. Its time to buy an ADH.

I'm with you , do not compromise .... ADH is the way to go. Try the fitting as well. In my experience a comfortable headband is just as important. A good helmet can be knob adjusted so it stays steady up when you need it to. With a nod of the head it should fall down and be ready for welding. Often times our hands will be full that flipping down the helmet by hand is just another awkward nuisance.

Go go go.

Ingersoll Rand Air Tools
Snap On Tools
Metabo Power Tools
Bosch Power Tools
3M PPS

Posted : 08/07/2012 9:55 pm
(@jonathanscruz68)
Noble Member

time will come, he will be asking for your assistance...

when you buy an ADH, post mo ha...
baka ako naman susunod...:attack:

Posted : 08/07/2012 10:56 pm
(@northlight)

here's joey junior, walang panama ang tatay...

be inform that the kid was supervised by an experts in welding.
first time the kid get hold of this welder...
kaya bahala na ang tatay pumigil sa kid baka malagpasan pa nya galing ng tatay nya !!!:win:

First off, it's a good thing to start kids young. My (10 and 11 Y.O.) nephews keep asking to use my welder too but I need to spend a little bit more for two extra sets of PPE.

No gloves, no shoes, no apron? Yikes!! Not to rain on your parade but get the kid some Personal Protection Equipment first. I have to keep telling myself too: "The one time you don't use gloves (or PPE) is the one time that you will regret."

But yes, self-reliance is one of the first steps to true manhood. Congrats on that. Get them tooling.

Posted : 09/07/2012 12:21 am
rosy
 rosy
(@rosy)

HEHEHEHE, don't worry bro Northlight, that little kid was just trying perhaps to feel how it is to weld or stick that welding electrode on the metal since probably he would see his dad, JOEY81 making his first metal projects a couple of weeks ago. I was so amazed at Raffy, kids name, matapang sya, really was not scared at all doing his first strikes. We made sure his eyes were protected, pa petik petik lang naman tirada nya so nothing to worry about his safety, beside there were four of us daddys watching over him, plus may permission di naman ni daddy joey81.

Maybe this kid will have a hobby soon in metalworking or something, like the son also of our friend here bro Ding( balarila ), he can weld better than his dad, hehehehe, sabi mo din yon bro !!! Anyway Ding's son I guess really is very interested in also learning the skill since he has done some tinkering with copper wires, forming it into something like art. Also heard from his dad that he wants also to try welding some metal. Hehehe, isa parin itong bata na ito, matapang at walang takot sa mga first strokes ng welding rod sa metal .

Really amazing these young boys !!!!! 😉 :p 😀

DeWALT Chopsaw
cloned STIHLs
MS 044 chainsaw
MS 070 chainsaw

Posted : 09/07/2012 3:16 am
(@willyfernando)
Prominent Member

HEHEHEHE, don't worry bro Northlight, that little kid was just trying perhaps to feel how it is to weld or stick that welding electrode on the metal since probably he would see his dad, JOEY81 making his first metal projects a couple of weeks ago. I was so amazed at Raffy, kids name, matapang sya, really was not scared at all doing his first strikes. We made sure his eyes were protected, pa petik petik lang naman tirada nya so nothing to worry about his safety, beside there were four of us daddys watching over him, plus may permission di naman ni daddy joey81.

Maybe this kid will have a hobby soon in metalworking or something, like the son also of our friend here bro Ding( balarila ), he can weld better than his dad, hehehehe, sabi mo din yon bro !!! Anyway Ding's son I guess really is very interested in also learning the skill since he has done some tinkering with copper wires, forming it into something like art. Also heard from his dad that he wants also to try welding some metal. Hehehe, isa parin itong bata na ito, matapang at walang takot sa mga first strokes ng welding rod sa metal .

Really amazing these young boys !!!!! 😉 :p 😀

Amen Bro Rosy, we used to climb tall fruit trees to get goodies w/o harnesses. It was risky and fun not to mention deliciously gratifying. I guess that is where we developed our natural hunger and braveness to take risks. I'm not saying be careless. Try to have some fun if your nature calls for it. That's why there are boxers, morticians, firemen, Malabanan (sewer) boys and those odd jobs we dare not brave 'coz we have been molded differently. Hats off to these men who help shape our world. We have their parents, family and friends to thank for encouraging their passion when they were young. Kudos to Daddy Joey81, Uncle Rosy and Tito Jonathan for letting Raffy take a crack at his craft. The boy climbed his tall tree and you were there to enjoy w/ him the fruits of his labor.:sunny:

Posted : 09/07/2012 8:32 am
Page 7 / 20
Share: