HYL TIG200 - your impressions?

21 Posts
7 Users
0 Reactions
 king
(@king)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

thinking of getting a tig welding machine. So far Ive narrowed my choices to two machines: an ASEA 200tig and an HYL TIG200. I am leaning towards the HYL...

Would appreciate any feedback and opinions. thanks

Posted : 08/03/2013 7:22 pm
(@bryant77)
Reputable Member

Re: HYL TIG200 - your impressions?

thinking of getting a tig welding machine. So far Ive narrowed my choices to two machines: an ASEA 200tig and an HYL TIG200. I am leaning towards the HYL...

Would appreciate any feedback and opinions. thanks

If between ASEA 200TIG and HYL TIG200 by Powercraft, I will choose ASEA. You can also consider Rilon 200TIG same manufacturer of Riland TIG.

Posted : 08/03/2013 9:48 pm
rosy
 rosy
(@rosy)

Hi there king,

Both brands mentioned produces good machines too, one is Korean made and the other is China made. I am guessing here the reason you are leaning on the HYL is its price which is much much cheaper than the Korean made.

I cannot really say much about these two Tig weld machines since I haven't tried them yet plus most members here uses stick welding machines though a very few have purchased Tig weld machines, Asea Tig 200, Rilon Tig 250, Powercraft too I think and others but have not shared in the forum how well they perform. :rolleyes:

Well I guess you just have to follow your guts/instinct on what brand you really want and perhaps do more research on the different welders in the market, compare each specs and which have a better warranty and after sales service in case the machines gets some sort of defect/trouble. 😉

Good luck on your choice !!!

CIGWELD Weldskill 250 amp Mig Welder
AHP Alpha-TIG 200X welder
HITRONIC 300 Amp DC Inverter IGBT Welder
YAMATO 300 amp AC Stick Welder
YAMATO 200 amp DC Inverter IGBT Welder
DeWALT Chopsaw
HOBART and ESAB Welding Helmets
cloned STIHLs
MS 044 chainsaw
MS 070 chainsaw

Posted : 08/03/2013 10:06 pm
 king
(@king)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

If between ASEA 200TIG and HYL TIG200 by Powercraft, I will choose ASEA. You can also consider Rilon 200TIG same manufacturer of Riland TIG.

hmm, I checked the Rilon 200TIG and it does seem to have the same features I like with the HYL and the price is in the same ballpark.

Posted : 08/03/2013 10:11 pm
 king
(@king)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Hi there king,

Both brands mentioned produces good machines too, one is Korean made and the other is China made. I am guessing here the reason you are leaning on the HYL is its price which is much much cheaper than the Korean made.

I cannot really say much about these two Tig weld machines since I haven't tried them yet plus most members here uses stick welding machines though a very few have purchased Tig weld machines, Asea Tig 200, Rilon Tig 250, Powercraft too I think and others but have not shared in the forum how well they perform. :rolleyes:

Well I guess you just have to follow your guts/instinct on what brand you really want and perhaps do more research on the different welders in the market, compare each specs and which have a better warranty and after sales service in case the machines gets some sort of defect/trouble. 😉

Good luck on your choice !!!

you are right about the price issue. aside from the machine I still need to invest in a torch, auto darkening welding helmet, argon tank and accessories. However if there is a big difference in ease of use, durability and quality I'm willing to reconsider the Korean brand.

Posted : 08/03/2013 10:24 pm
rosy
 rosy
(@rosy)

Well, when you purchase the weld machine, what ever brand it may be, the torch leads, clamps and cables plus other accessories ( a few caps, tungsten rods, argon regulator) goes with it , what you will be spending are the filler rods, argon gas and the tank. Plus lots of scrap practice steel plates.

Also an ADH helmet, and some Tig gloves or welding sleeves as your basic protection. :cheerleader3:

With regards to the ease of use, I cannot comment on that, you will have to find out for yourself, but concerning quality and durability, I guess they all have that as long as they also offer a good after sales service and warranty just in case, like what I have stated before, the unit gets defective.

DeWALT Chopsaw
cloned STIHLs
MS 044 chainsaw
MS 070 chainsaw

Posted : 08/03/2013 10:37 pm
 king
(@king)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Well, when you purchase the weld machine, what ever brand it may be, the torch leads, clamps and cables plus other accessories ( a few caps, tungsten rods, argon regulator) goes with it , what you will be spending are the filler rods, argon gas and the tank. Plus lots of scrap practice steel plates.

Also an ADH helmet, and some Tig gloves or welding sleeves as your basic protection. :cheerleader3:

With regards to the ease of use, I cannot comment on that, you will have to find out for yourself, but concerning quality and durability, I guess they all have that as long as they also offer a good after sales service and warranty just in case, like what I have stated before, the unit gets defective.

After a bit of scouring based on the inputs thus far I've come up with the following:

Asea priced at 36k include torch set and argon regulator
Rilon tig 200 AC/DC at P38k include a torch set (no regulator) but is capable of Alu welding.
Rilon Tig200M at P28k has a torch set included
HYL Tig200 at P28.8k comes with tig torch set and extra ceramic torch cover

As a wildcard purely because of the price (and add to the confusion :confused::p ) is a Rilon 200S priced at P15k.

Anyways, I'm now leaning towards the Rilon Tig200M.
:thanks:

Posted : 09/03/2013 9:48 am
JayL
 JayL
(@jayl)

After a bit of scouring based on the inputs thus far I've come up with the following:

Asea priced at 36k include torch set and argon regulator
Rilon tig 200 AC/DC at P38k include a torch set (no regulator) but is capable of Alu welding.
Rilon Tig200M at P28k has a torch set included
HYL Tig200 at P28.8k comes with tig torch set and extra ceramic torch cover

As a wildcard purely because of the price (and add to the confusion :confused::p ) is a Rilon 200S priced at P15k.

Anyways, I'm now leaning towards the Rilon Tig200M.

If it was me this would be my choice.

I reckon the regulators included with the sets would be generic types. I'd get a Victor or Smith flowmeter instead since this kit does not have one.

http://store.cyberweld.com/mehrf14refl.html

Millermatic 180 Autoset Mig Welder
Miller Spoolmate 100 Spool Gun
Victor Firepower 350 Oxy Ace Outfit
3M Speedglas 9002X AD Helmet
Makita LC1230 Dry Cut Saw
Ingersoll Rand Air Tools
Snap On Tools
Metabo Power Tools
Norseman Drill Cutting Tools
Bosch Power Tools
3M PPS

Posted : 09/03/2013 10:44 am
 king
(@king)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

If it was me this would be my choice.

I reckon the regulators included with the sets would be generic types. I'd get a Victor or Smith flowmeter instead since this kit does not have one.

http://store.cyberweld.com/mehrf14refl.html

I included it in the list precisely because of that (alu capable) and the price isn't that far from an Asea 200tig (not alu capable). However I don't think I would be venturing into alu welding so that feature isnt in my priority of features. Budget-wise I dont want to spend beyond 30k unless someone tells me there is a remarkable difference in performance in any of the listed machines. (anyone?)

For all intents and purposes I plan on using the machine to weld pipes/tubings (cromo and stainless) and also a machine capable of welding thin metal sheeting.

Posted : 09/03/2013 3:34 pm
JayL
 JayL
(@jayl)

If that were my case then I'd get the Rilon Tig200M and use the extra money ( say an Asea budget ) to get aftermarket branded accessories . Flow meter, Ground Clamp and Torch if possible .

Please take note that I have no direct experience with these machines and am going only through knowledge gained from reading.

Millermatic 180 Autoset Mig Welder
Miller Spoolmate 100 Spool Gun
Victor Firepower 350 Oxy Ace Outfit
3M Speedglas 9002X AD Helmet
Makita LC1230 Dry Cut Saw
Ingersoll Rand Air Tools
Snap On Tools
Metabo Power Tools
Norseman Drill Cutting Tools
Bosch Power Tools
3M PPS

Posted : 10/03/2013 1:52 am
 king
(@king)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

If that were my case then I'd get the Rilon Tig200M and use the extra money ( say an Asea budget ) to get aftermarket branded accessories . Flow meter, Ground Clamp and Torch if possible .

Please take note that I have no direct experience with these machines and am going only through knowledge gained from reading.

actually thinking along that line :thanks: . Both machines include a torch set don't they but I wondered also (when I started doing my search) if the included torches (and flowmeters) are any good... anyhow I guess I'll eventually find out

I'm down to 2 candidates - Rilon Tig200M and HYL. Yes sir i'm still considering the HYL and ask for a demo of both machines if possible (I think Elektro will do a demo of the HYL but just dont know if tophand will for the Rilon) before deciding.

:thanks: for your inputs and also to rosy for suggesting Rilon

Posted : 10/03/2013 9:25 am
rosy
 rosy
(@rosy)

Hey there again king,

Like I said its you who will decide what to buy and what not to buy, if you will be happy and satisfied with your choice, what ever brand, we will be happy for you too. Its just that we gave you several choices with the same perks or added accessories which you can also consider.

Anyway I recall you mentioned you do not want to spend over 30 K on a machine, that is fine but you will still be spending more than that when you start buying the argon gas, deposit on the tank, the filler rods of your choice, an ADH helmet, a good pair of Tig gloves, that is if you prefer the branded ones and probably a good wire brush.

A rough ball park costings :

Argon gas -------- 1,500 to 2,000 K
Tank deposit -------- 6,000 to 8,000 K
Filler rods/tube -------- 1,185 to 1,200 K ----- for Brass
3, 050 to 3,200 K ----- for Stainless
ADH welding hel. -------- 2,800 to 5,000 to 8,000 K
Tig gloves -------- 250.00 to 1,500 k ----- local to imported brand
Wire brush -------- 50.00 to 350.00 ------ ord. to a good one
[COLOR="SeaGreen"]HYL Tig machine -------- 28,800 K

Well the only fix price here is the Tig machine, other items vary from store to store or if you will buy it fro abroad.

Hope this helps and give you some sort of a ball park of how much you will be spending. :rolleyes: :bouncealt:

DeWALT Chopsaw
cloned STIHLs
MS 044 chainsaw
MS 070 chainsaw

Posted : 10/03/2013 11:44 am
(@jdong)

whats up guy, new member here, i know this tread is old....But how about the cigweld 170hp or 170a are those any good? thanks

Posted : 23/08/2013 8:30 am
(@willyfernando)
Prominent Member

Hi King,

Think of it this way, some buy a Hummer H2/H3, Land Rover, Land Cruiser, etc. just for the bling of these brands but they only use them for cruising. Some buy Wranglers, Prado and FJ Cruisers and go OFF Roading. If you think that a specific brand can get you the best performance based on your usage then go for it. The add ons are just toppings on your cake. They may make the cake look good but at the end of the day judgement is given to the icing and the filling. W/c ever brand has the highest duty cycle go for it. W/c ever has the least complicated feature and maintenance that's the one i will choose. W/c ever has the best after sales service thats where I'm getting it. Good luck!

Posted : 23/08/2013 9:41 am
rosy
 rosy
(@rosy)

whats up guy, new member here, i know this tread is old....But how about the cigweld 170hp or 170a are those any good? thanks

Hi jdong,

CIGWELD brand of welding machines are great too, more so since they have been acquired by Thermadyne Industries already in 1996, manufacturers of Thermal Arc weld machines. CIGWELD brand is very well known in Australia and other European countries so I guess there will be no question with regards with the quality of CIGWELD 170A HF or 170A. We are lucky that we are having lots of this welder available in the market. These are imports from Australia, I guess not surplus but shelf display units that they have to re new or replace with new batches. I will be purchasing one of the 170 HF very soon and would love to try this weld machine combo, arc and tig.

For more info on the CIGWELD, try to Google it on the internet and read all the information therein and also see their YouTube videos.

DeWALT Chopsaw
cloned STIHLs
MS 044 chainsaw
MS 070 chainsaw

Posted : 23/08/2013 2:54 pm
Page 1 / 2