Forum

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

pwede ba magamit 3phase 200v Japan standard tig Ac DC machine sa pilipinas?

19 Posts
5 Users
0 Reactions
(@thugstools_413)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

hi, ask ko lang po kung panu ko na magamit yung tig machine ko galing Japan 3phase 200v at anu gagawin para magamit sa bahay na may single phase 220v...pls. need your advice

Posted : 25/02/2016 7:30 pm
Crazy cut
(@crazy-cut)
Trusted Member

Hi thugstool,

I'm phil from gensan a newly member. You coud'nt use it direct unto house hold outlet we have 220-240v 50/60 hz single phase. On your case you need a digital phase converter or just a normal converter. On the convert you need to know the rating power of your welding machine capacity requirements to avoid trip offs or it will cause damage either of the two. If i were you buy a machine suited to your needs with a minimum requirements of power supply and enjoy it welding.

..............................................................................................

LINCOLN 90 Amp fluxcored mig
Thermal Arc 400 MTS
Cigweld weldskill 150 mig
Awelco 2200 synergic multiprocess migsticktig
TEC arc F40i inline auto voltage sensing mig
HPT GM2000 stick welder
Thermal dynamics cutmaster 82 plasma cutter
Victor CA2460 cutting torch
Jackson welding helmet

Posted : 29/02/2016 8:50 am
rosy
 rosy
(@rosy)

@ Hi there Crazy cut,

Kindly introduce yourself to the forum, PHM has a Member Introductions if you will scroll down the index page. Its just under the OUTSIDE DIY SHACK Forum. Tell us somethings about yourself, what you do for your hobbies or interest. We'd like to know you more as a new member of this forum.

Thanks,

rosy

CIGWELD Weldskill 250 amp Mig Welder
AHP Alpha-TIG 200X welder
HITRONIC 300 Amp DC Inverter IGBT Welder
YAMATO 300 amp AC Stick Welder
YAMATO 200 amp DC Inverter IGBT Welder
DeWALT Chopsaw
HOBART and ESAB Welding Helmets
cloned STIHLs
MS 044 chainsaw
MS 070 chainsaw

Posted : 29/02/2016 2:54 pm
butch11a
(@butch11a)
Estimable Member

depends on the amp rating of the tig and the max household current that you have. or use a 3 phase genset instead.

Posted : 02/03/2016 7:12 pm
(@thugstools_413)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

I guess I'll buy a new stuff that suits in Philippines standard...thanks

Posted : 02/03/2016 10:04 pm
rosy
 rosy
(@rosy)

Bro thugstools_413,

If you are now in the Philippines, I guess you can go to a Meralco branch office and ask around to get the proper and correct reply regarding 3 phase power supply. If its feasible or not for such a connections in your house. For all I know its the big manufacturing and fabricating plants in the country that are involved in large production outputs have these kind of power supply and I think it is also expensive just to have it in your house and I suppose Meralco will not badge in to what you may want.

I suppose you can get a 3 phase genset at Japanese Surplus, those that import surplus car parts, machinery, air cons or generators etc. I think the suggestion of butch11a would be the safest way to do if you insist and feel that the Japanese 3 phase Tig welder will not go to waste.

Cheers

CIGWELD Weldskill 250 amp Mig Welder
AHP Alpha-TIG 200X welder
HITRONIC 300 Amp DC Inverter IGBT Welder
YAMATO 300 amp AC Stick Welder
YAMATO 200 amp DC Inverter IGBT Welder
DeWALT Chopsaw
HOBART and ESAB Welding Helmets
cloned STIHLs
MS 044 chainsaw
MS 070 chainsaw

Posted : 06/03/2016 12:16 am
(@thugstools_413)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

I think it is the way to run the machine by Japan surplus genset or step down transformer 220-200 to phase converter...huhu..

Posted : 06/03/2016 10:53 am
Crazy cut
(@crazy-cut)
Trusted Member

Hi thugstools,

Since the full power capacity of your machine is 14.5 kva accordingly as stated on the nameplate. All you need to have is at least 20 kva phase converter. One of the wye or delta connectors of philippine made converter "since this is not a digital phase converter" is low voltage compare to the remain two connection hot wire but this is not really a problem when the phase converter kva is much higher than your welding machine. You can check in the OLx for futher info contact the supplier try to search "Rotary 3 phase converter". I think it cost about 30k more or less. Try to check your machine again because i could not determine the 3 phase symbol so puasedly before the 200v or maybe im wrong. Hehehe. I hope this well help you.
Thank you.

.................................................. ........................................

LINCOLN 90 amps fluxcored mig
Thermal Arc 400MTS
Cigweld weldskill 150 mig
Awelco 2200 synergic multiprocess migtigstick
TEC Arc F40i inline auto voltage sensing mig
Thermal dynamic cutmaster 82 plasma cutter
HPT GM2000 tig/stick welder
Victor CA2460 cutting torch
Jacson welding helmet

Posted : 09/03/2016 6:28 am
(@thugstools_413)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

if I'm going to buy a rotary phase converter and connect it on our 220v single and I guess it would become a 220v 3phase, However, do I need a step down from 220v to 200v ahead of a converter?

Posted : 13/03/2016 2:15 am
Crazy cut
(@crazy-cut)
Trusted Member

No need. Actually your welding machine was tested to higher voltage for tougher duty or voltage surge. But you have still option to ask the supplier for you voltage requirements without installation of additional 3 phase dry transformer.

Yes! connection from household 220 - 240v 50/60Hz single phase to rotary 3 phase converter will have an output of 220 - 240v 50/60Hz 3 phase. Additional dry transformer will be after the converter output connection either step up (440v 3 ph) or step down.

Posted : 15/03/2016 12:29 am
(@thugstools_413)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

thanks again for our advice sa tingin ko di ko muna magamit yung machine because I'm planning to have a small workshop but someone told me that 200v rated input are capable to run in 220v . kasi meron nman -+10% maximum rated input. but the converter it cost 48k for 20kVa to run my 12kVa rated demand...huhuhu...

Posted : 15/03/2016 11:04 pm
Crazy cut
(@crazy-cut)
Trusted Member

Yeah thats good. -+10% that is standard. A small work shop that's cool dud!
What keep you busy in your work shop?

Posted : 18/03/2016 12:37 am
(@thugstools_413)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

so far I'm here in Saudi working this is my first hand experience gaining knowledge about fabrication cum welder and after this planning my own shop in my province in bicol but still have no idea what I'm going to fabricate and sell it to market easily...do u have any idea? pls help

Posted : 18/03/2016 3:40 pm
Crazy cut
(@crazy-cut)
Trusted Member

Check the metal fabrication trend on your place. You may start in basic to general fabrication. Like grills & gates, from mild steel to stainless steel. Water tanks, bumpers & muffler. Auto body repair shop & there will be a lot more things to be done when you have the fashion on it. A good visibilty of your product well encourge customers. So! advertising is a must outside on your shop.
Explore your imagination a lot of brighter ideas will coming in.

Posted : 20/03/2016 1:13 pm
(@thugstools_413)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

oh! thats great! many thanks im so excited go home...thanks again and god bless you.

Posted : 20/03/2016 9:00 pm
Page 1 / 2
Share: