Clear all

an insight to the PhilConstruct exhibit 2009

35 Posts
7 Users
0 Reactions
(@beebeenator)
Noble Member

Re: an insight to the PhilConstruct exhibit 2009

I dont think its warranty unless they specifically say it. But they will definitely service it.

Mabilis lang kasi mag bawi ng salita unless there is an international warranty card. Or i may just be pessimistic 🙂

Posted : 01/02/2010 9:55 pm
 guad
(@guad)
Honorable Member

I dont think its warranty unless they specifically say it. But they will definitely service it.

Mabilis lang kasi mag bawi ng salita unless there is an international warranty card. Or i may just be pessimistic 🙂

Unfortunately, you are right. I did not read their original reply carefully, did not read between the lines. Bosch Philippines will [COLOR="Red"]not honor the warranty of a Bosch power tool bought in US.

The local rep clarified:
"Thank you for your inquiry. Our warranty valid only within the country where it was purchase. In case you encounter problem with your power tool bought from other countries, (even during the warranty period) you will still be charge for the parts and labor."

Posted : 23/02/2010 3:38 pm
JayL
 JayL
(@jayl)

Whenever I purchase a tool overseas (or for that matter even locally) I always make sure that I fill up and return the manufacturer's warranty card either by mail or online registration. That case I can always go back to them in case I have a problem. There is no harm to try to ask them to arrange local warranty through their distributors( at their expense ) specially if it's factory defect.

Big name manufacturers more often than not will take care. It's their tool.

I had luck with Thermadyne Victor products. They went as far as to say that if the distributor will not honor warranty then they will arrange it themselves. True enough the next day I got an email from the local distributor asking about my problem.

Millermatic 180 Autoset Mig Welder
Miller Spoolmate 100 Spool Gun
Victor Firepower 350 Oxy Ace Outfit
3M Speedglas 9002X AD Helmet
Makita LC1230 Dry Cut Saw
Ingersoll Rand Air Tools
Snap On Tools
Metabo Power Tools
Norseman Drill Cutting Tools
Bosch Power Tools
3M PPS

Posted : 23/02/2010 7:04 pm
bbn
 bbn
(@bbn)
Prominent Member

Good for you bro. It is nice to know there are still some who place integrity above a better bottom line.

Posted : 23/02/2010 9:51 pm
timber715
(@timber715)
Topic starter

most major tool company naman that is properly represented will do that, the most common obstacle lang naman is the voltage of the tools. that is another reason why we like branded tools. sa akin, since only I use my tools, I hardly get some down time (I hate it when it happens) since I try to get the best my money can buy. but price really is not a guarantee that one is better than the other, nor is a review from others (people tend to praise what they have kasi) who sometimes have plans of selling their stuff later on. It is difficult to get unbiased feedbacks, sometimes I rely on the negative ones and judge it from there (ex. one says that the tool is too plasticky or looks weak but never has major problems other than cosmetic bec the tool works so well).

click my signature and it will take you there........

Posted : 23/02/2010 10:07 pm
Page 3 / 3
Share: