ill be building a rolling stand with drawers for this

Posted : 16/02/2011 11:01 am
(@beebeenator)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Re: bandsaw torq 12" BS315

finally a rolling platform

this bandsaw is indeed handsome

bandsaw is two speed, I havent really read the manual.... the manual is.. ummm.. really bad

Posted : 16/02/2011 11:44 pm
(@beebeenator)
Noble Member
Topic starter

the table tilt mechanism is positioned way at the back, mainly in the outfeed area, so tilting the table is kind of awkward. Also the tightening mechanism is that black knob, and its only one.

The table WILL pivot left to right if coaxed but will NOT tilt. Hence a fence can be thrown out of alignment, I am sure there is a way to make this more rigid. But rest assured since it dont tilt when fixed into position, hence all cuts will be squared on

bearing guides, i think they are carbon, I will let t he pictures describe themselves

bottom bearing guide

Posted : 16/02/2011 11:45 pm
(@beebeenator)
Noble Member
Topic starter

NOw here is the upper wheel, When i tested the co-planarity of the wheels, the lower wheel was out towards the infeed side by half an inch more than the upper wheel, You see those 4 bolts? they hold that rectagular plate that holds the pillowblock of the upper wheel. I took out those bolts then shimmed it with washers BEHIND the plate, Worked perfect

this adjusts the tracking of the upper wheel. Tracking is where you adjust the tilt of the wheel in order to have the blade resting in the center. Only adjust when blade is already tensioned.

lower wheel, it cant be tracked ( i think its the same for all) and co-planarity cant be adjusted, but in my case it didnt matter

See the brush? its essential to keep the rubber on the wheels clean, i will be upgrading this

There is a lever on the right side to loosen that rotationg cylindrical thing in order to change the speed setting....

fence can be adjusted for drift angle

Posted : 16/02/2011 11:46 pm
(@beebeenator)
Noble Member
Topic starter

this is under the left hand side of the table (infeed orientation) This is like the stops in a table saw, This one is for 0 degrees. I dont think there is a stop for 45 degrees

both top and bottom wheel compartments have this, Its a safety release button thingymajig. Basically it keeps the bandsaw from powering up if the compartments are open

Posted : 16/02/2011 11:47 pm
timber715
(@timber715)

nice Ben, are the wheels aluminum?

click my signature and it will take you there........

Posted : 17/02/2011 1:02 am
(@beebeenator)
Noble Member
Topic starter

i belive its aluminum, i have to check again

by the way this thing cuts a 4 inch thick tanguile like butter.

Timber, if you get your hands on a bandsaw i believe it will be the curves that will shine, the resaw becomes an added bonus.

Posted : 17/02/2011 5:21 pm
timber715
(@timber715)

i belive its aluminum, i have to check again

by the way this thing cuts a 4 inch thick tanguile like butter.

Timber, if you get your hands on a bandsaw i believe it will be the curves that will shine, the resaw becomes an added bonus.

I can do the curves (I like how that sounds 😀 ) now with what I have Ben, resawing would really be the main use in my case... 😉

click my signature and it will take you there........

Posted : 17/02/2011 10:25 pm
workbench
(@workbench)
Trusted Member

Ben,

Remind me to bring my Bandsaw book on the next E.B.

Posted : 18/02/2011 10:27 am
(@beebeenator)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Thanks Mon! 🙂

its great to have a new toy 🙂

Posted : 18/02/2011 10:39 am
(@artcom95)

any suggestion where we can buy blades for this Torq Bandsaw BS315 ?

Posted : 14/02/2019 1:26 pm
Share: