Clear all

Bosch 4100-09 Tablesaw, seven now and waiting for crazyboi

314 Posts
31 Users
0 Reactions
JayL
 JayL
(@jayl)

Re: Bosch 4100-09 Tablesaw, six and counting (still 2 more in the background)

or

www.pobox.ph

which is also powered by Forex Cargo.

Millermatic 180 Autoset Mig Welder
Miller Spoolmate 100 Spool Gun
Victor Firepower 350 Oxy Ace Outfit
3M Speedglas 9002X AD Helmet
Makita LC1230 Dry Cut Saw
Ingersoll Rand Air Tools
Snap On Tools
Metabo Power Tools
Norseman Drill Cutting Tools
Bosch Power Tools
3M PPS

Posted : 06/03/2012 5:37 pm
rosy
 rosy
(@rosy)

I used Forex Cargo to ship my 4100 bought from Amazon. Been using Forex for a number of years now and found them reliable. Also got to visit their shop in LA and meet the proprietor, Ging Carino. Pretty decent operation.

Takes 5 weeks nowadays for shipment to arrive. Forex can also consolidate stuff that you buy from different sources into a box. You pay for the size of the box, they don't care about the weight. They even go so far as to advise you if you still have some space in your box and if you would want to shop some more to use up the space.

They charge all-in (including customs processing) to your doorstep.

Some discussions here:

http://mail.pinoyhandyman.com/showthread.php?t=2009
http://www.pinoyhandyman.com/showthread.php?p=19971

@bro balarila,

I know this will be just a " SUNTOK SA BUWAN" kung sakali lang, sakali lang ha, let's say the time will come na I decide to buy a 4100 sa amazon, can I pass it through you ? kasi at least sigurado sa yo and you have tried its relliability and sure personnel contact. JUST ASKING, 😀 HEHEHEHEHE

Thanks in advance bro . :thanks:

CIGWELD Weldskill 250 amp Mig Welder
AHP Alpha-TIG 200X welder
HITRONIC 300 Amp DC Inverter IGBT Welder
YAMATO 300 amp AC Stick Welder
YAMATO 200 amp DC Inverter IGBT Welder
DeWALT Chopsaw
HOBART and ESAB Welding Helmets
cloned STIHLs
MS 044 chainsaw
MS 070 chainsaw

Posted : 06/03/2012 6:21 pm
(@jonathanscruz68)
Noble Member

@bro balarila,

I know this will be just a " SUNTOK SA BUWAN" kung sakali lang, sakali lang ha, let's say the time will come na I decide to buy a 4100 sa amazon, can I pass it through you ? kasi at least sigurado sa yo and you have tried its relliability and sure personnel contact. JUST ASKING, 😀 HEHEHEHEHE

Thanks in advance bro . :thanks:

makikibakas na rin ako sa'yo brad, if ever lang may datung ako ngayon, the 4100 series will be my next buy ( isuntok mo sa buwaan )...:boxing1:

Posted : 06/03/2012 10:57 pm
(@balarila)
Noble Member

@Rosy
Not sure what you meant by "pass thru". If you meant sabay tayo mag-ship in one bundle or I arrange shipping with Forex for you, either one, no prob, Bro. Always happy to help!
Posted via PHM Mobile

Posted : 07/03/2012 5:09 am
rosy
 rosy
(@rosy)

Yes bro Ding that is what I meant, makiki sabay or somewhat arrange shipping with Forex, sorry sa magiging abala but kasi you have done business with them so I suppose you are so familiar with the ins and outs of dealing with them.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH BRO and aasahan ko yan haaaaaaaa,!!! PLEEEEASE, !!! HEHEHEHEHE

Don't worry bro, matagal pa naman yan plus makikisabay rin daw si bro jon pag nagka datung na, AKO NAMAN pag nanalo na sa LOTTO, LOL

CIGWELD Weldskill 250 amp Mig Welder
AHP Alpha-TIG 200X welder
HITRONIC 300 Amp DC Inverter IGBT Welder
YAMATO 300 amp AC Stick Welder
YAMATO 200 amp DC Inverter IGBT Welder
DeWALT Chopsaw
HOBART and ESAB Welding Helmets
cloned STIHLs
MS 044 chainsaw
MS 070 chainsaw

Posted : 07/03/2012 10:25 am
 guad
(@guad)
Honorable Member

Bro its easy to buy from amazon. You just have to wait for 5-6 weeks if shipped via ocean cargo. I ordered TS4100 recently, its going to arrive here last week of march. Landed price is $785.00 ($569.90 + california tax $40.00 iirc plus $175.00 shipping via forex cargo, inclusive of insurance). HTH

Was that Amazon (direct as opposed to 'ships from and sold by x') shipping to CA? I thought collection of CA sales or use tax was deferred until September 2012? Never had any taxes on direct Amazon purchases so far.

California lawmakers give Amazon tax reprieve
How Amazon's California tax romp will impact us all
Amazon offers to serve as tax collector -- for a price

Unfortunately, it is true that the killer increase has been in Forex shipping cost for oversize packages, where the cost per excess linear inch jumped 50% last September. :faint:

Posted : 07/03/2012 10:27 am
(@balarila)
Noble Member

@Rosy
No problem. You can count on me. Actually have two boxes incoming. Got some jackplanes and jig. I never plan it but, looking at my history, I seem to have a habit of having something shipped 2x a year. This is a very bad addiction.

@Guad
On oversized package shipping charges: I wantde to get a Rockler T-track kit. Not too expensive but there's a four-foot long alumnium T-track in it. Forex estimate for shipping is $40, more expensive than the item itself! Now, if a bunch of us would order it, perhaps it becomes more economical...

Posted : 08/03/2012 6:32 am
(@joey81)

@Rosy
No problem. You can count on me. Actually have two boxes incoming. Got some jackplanes and jig. I never plan it but, looking at my history, I seem to have a habit of having something shipped 2x a year. This is a very bad addiction.

@Guad
On oversized package shipping charges: I wantde to get a Rockler T-track kit. Not too expensive but there's a four-foot long alumnium T-track in it. Forex estimate for shipping is $40, more expensive than the item itself! Now, if a bunch of us would order it, perhaps it becomes more economical...

balarila, I'll help you defray that $40 shipping cost. Just tell me when. Been eyeing some miter tracks for a while now.

OT na tayo. hehehe.

Posted : 08/03/2012 7:24 am
JayL
 JayL
(@jayl)

For long items I believe Group Buy is the best option to save on shipping.

Ingersoll Rand Air Tools
Snap On Tools
Metabo Power Tools
Bosch Power Tools
3M PPS

Posted : 08/03/2012 11:27 am
jarod
(@jarod)
Noble Member

^ and less prone to less bending than a single 48" x 1" x 0.5" track.

For more of the latest tools, deals and tips - click HERE

Posted : 08/03/2012 3:42 pm
(@balarila)
Noble Member

He-he. OT na.

Copy that, Joey. Will post a group buy thread pag nagkapera! 🙂

Posted : 09/03/2012 4:03 am
JayL
 JayL
(@jayl)

He-he. OT na.

Copy that, Joey. Will post a group buy thread pag nagkapera! 🙂

Ayan sabay saby na lahat mga mahahaba pati track saw tracks ... LOL. 🙂

Group orders prepaid in advance by bank deposit. Chance na ito courtesy of bro Ding.

Ingersoll Rand Air Tools
Snap On Tools
Metabo Power Tools
Bosch Power Tools
3M PPS

Posted : 09/03/2012 10:29 am
 guad
(@guad)
Honorable Member

@Guad

Hmmm, expanding the thought ... cost sharing on a custom-made long thin (low cross section) box at 4+ ft level, containing only long items consolidated from multiple sources. Couldn't help but think of the possibilities for the cost splitting formula, as it is somewhat similar to issue of multiple approaches to split a utillity bill that has 'fixed' and 'variable' components, but with a subtle difference between handling of linear inches vs. kwh or gallons. 🙂

Re: Rockler track kit ... their 'kit' seems to be the only thing that is competitive for tracks and related, as the per piece prices are better elsewhere, no?

Just to stay on topic ... actually, the 4100 is amenable to group savings on shipping to PH, at least in theory. There is some savings when shipping two or more stacked (taped or crated) together. Doubtful though that the forwarder would freely consolidate ... but if given to them already joined ...
💡

Posted : 10/03/2012 5:59 pm
violaine
(@violaine)
Noble Member

...and the box of the 4100 without the stand i believe is much smaller than with the stand.

:bluestar:

The devil will find work for idle hands to do.-Morrissey

Posted : 10/03/2012 7:44 pm
(@jonathanscruz68)
Noble Member

...and the box of the 4100 without the stand i believe is much smaller than with the stand.

:bluestar:

what if biglaang nagbagsak presyo ang 4100...:freddy:
nagiging 345 usd ( if i'm not wrong ) ata ang ts na yan, that is without the stand...

Posted : 10/03/2012 10:55 pm
Page 18 / 21
Share: