(@beebeenator)
Noble Member

Re: Bosch GEX 125-1 AE random orbital sander review

oo nga no, why didnt i think of good ole hans tools

Posted : 18/01/2011 11:17 pm
(@beebeenator)
Noble Member

is there a shop near libis where i can get the polishing bonnet?

Posted : 28/01/2011 2:25 pm
(@balarila)
Noble Member

Thought I'd pitch in on this thread.

Was rushing a project of a pair of kamagong tables (square two seater and rectangular six-seater) so we could use them on the deck for a New Year party with the whole clan.

Dec 29 evening, my trusty Ryobi sander broke down. Looks like the gears broke. Tried opening it up but couldn't remove one critical screw that's so inaccessible, even my vise-grip couldn't get at it.

So, called up Golden. We met early morning next day and bought the GEX 125 and some sanding pads from him and brought it home.

Upon opening the box, first impression is that it's so light. Was already thinking this may be a lightweight lemon. Hard to take seriously something that's so...weightless. Then, I turned it on and next thing I noticed is that it's quiet. My old Ryobi suddenly sounded like an aircraft-carrier take-off (probably felt like one, too).

Then I proceeded sanding. No dust! Was it working at all? Curiously, the grooves left by my 40-grit belt sander disappeared but...no dust!

I found myself sanding for an hour straight and never got tired. Just some quick pauses to change sanding pads. Went from 40grit (not advisable), then 80, then 180. All the while, was thinking, where have this toy been all my life?

One surprise, though, when I was sanding the edges and had to tilt the sander at an odd angle, all the dust fell out. Not a good experince since I was working with kamagong where the dust is like gunpowder and stings the eyes. Maybe Bosch should invent a gyroscope or accelerometer (think iPad) inside it which automatically shuts the sander vent when inverted. Hmmm...I think they have, actually.

This tool is a beauty. So light and efficient. Sure, it cost 3x+ as my old Ryobi but it sure paid off with a lot less strain at the end of the day.

Oh, on my tables, finished them yesterday with plenty of time to spare. Will probably do some more sanding on it today.

Posted : 01/01/2012 7:59 am
(@rogin24)
Eminent Member

how much po Bosch GEX 125-1 AE random orbital sander

Posted : 13/02/2012 3:07 pm
(@balarila)
Noble Member

Can't recall exactly if it's P5k or more. But contact Golden (Maranan) in this forum. He's the Bosch guy who offers discounts to PHM members. I'm sure he'll be at the EB on the 18th.

Posted : 13/02/2012 6:12 pm
timber715
(@timber715)
Topic starter

I bought mine almost 2 years ago... it was 6.5K iirc

click my signature and it will take you there........

Posted : 14/02/2012 1:24 am
(@_rvin)

matagal na pala tong model na to. thanks for the review.

Measure twice, cut once, then force it to fit. 😀

Posted : 18/01/2017 9:18 am
(@fourtheboys96)
Reputable Member

more than anything, I envy the space you got there.

Posted : 18/01/2017 10:44 am
Apple-man
(@apple-man)
Eminent Member

How much po yung Mirka Protector at yung 150 grit Abranet disc at saan po mabibili? yung cheaper po..TIA!...:):)

Posted : 25/01/2017 1:02 am
Apple-man
(@apple-man)
Eminent Member

I bought mine in Middle East and it's cheaper than here, price is more than 4K in Peso but since i bring it here, is it covered international warranty by Bosch Branches here?..:confused:

Posted : 25/01/2017 1:08 am
Boggieman
(@boggieman)
Estimable Member

matagal na pala tong model na to. thanks for the review.

And very reliable, I'm a handtool guy, however I still keep the Bosch sander and cordless drill nothing beats these tools IMHO.

Posted : 25/01/2017 4:03 am
(@ambo2004)
Eminent Member

I bought this sander fr lazada this week. Cost 4300 after voucher.Tested it tonight. Tahimik and efficient. Also bought the bosch sanding disc grit 60 and grit 100. I have 50pcs of each. Im willing to trade some of the disc to a 240grit. 100pcs kasi available sa 240 did not buy it. Bought some paleta in my plant . Will do some benches

Posted : 24/03/2017 8:42 pm
Page 3 / 3
Share: