75 Posts
23 Users
0 Reactions
violaine
(@violaine)
Noble Member

Re: Bosch GKS 190 Circular Saw

@bryant,

just wishing your bosch GKS CS has dc port for dust emanating from those MDF.
remember, formalin is embedded deep in it and dimensioning those wonder sheets can cause wonderful diseases like nose and blood cancers.

just a word of caution.

glad you had a good deal machining the flanges.

of course, the red blades are superb in all aspect at least in my opinion.

The devil will find work for idle hands to do.-Morrissey

Posted : 07/05/2011 6:58 pm
(@bryant77)
Reputable Member

@bryant,

just wishing your bosch GKS CS has dc port for dust emanating from those MDF.
remember, formalin is embedded deep in it and dimensioning those wonder sheets can cause wonderful diseases like nose and blood cancers.

just a word of caution.

glad you had a good deal machining the flanges.

of course, the red blades are superb in all aspect at least in my opinion.

@Violane

Thanks for the health reminders. I'm always wearing dust mask para hindi sumumpong ang allergic rhinitis ko due to MDF dust.

My next plan is to install dust port on GKS 190 connected on my Ridgid 9 Gal Wet & dry vacuum.

Posted : 07/05/2011 7:08 pm
(@crazyboi_6)
Estimable Member

just got my gks 190 this morning. just want to confirm if it includes a vacuum adaptor? thanks

Posted : 11/05/2011 1:44 pm
jarod
(@jarod)
Noble Member

^None as I remember CB, the dust port is squarish (like bryant's posted image above) as opposed to the normal circular design so I guess the no dust port attachment is planned to be attached.

For more of the latest tools, deals and tips - click HERE

Posted : 11/05/2011 2:34 pm
timber715
(@timber715)

just got my gks 190 this morning. just want to confirm if it includes a vacuum adaptor? thanks

wala yan like Jarod said, sa US kasi these are standard items. dito wala kahit yung mga highend models from any brand. Price kasi ang important sa Pinas more than anything.
I had to make one out of an old shopvac attachment...

later on I added a plastic piece and it improved even more.

then added an L port and I can swing the hose to a comfy position.

and in that picture is a cutting guide to mark the cut marks of the saw to make it easier to lay out...

click my signature and it will take you there........

Posted : 11/05/2011 2:49 pm
(@crazyboi_6)
Estimable Member

^None as I remember CB, the dust port is squarish (like bryant's posted image above) as opposed to the normal circular design so I guess the no dust port attachment is planned to be attached.

the one on their website is different but same product code. thanks for the quick reply.

Posted : 11/05/2011 2:51 pm
(@crazyboi_6)
Estimable Member

i forgot, what would be a locally available brand of blades would you recommend? i saw in most of the threads here that they use US bought blades. i'm hoping that there are locally available blades that are better than the stock. thanks

Posted : 11/05/2011 2:55 pm
timber715
(@timber715)

i forgot, what would be a locally available brand of blades would you recommend? i saw in most of the threads here that they use US bought blades. i'm hoping that there are locally available blades that are better than the stock. thanks

there are Bosch Optiline blades for it locally and should fit perfect without modifications...

Posted : 11/05/2011 3:06 pm
(@crazyboi_6)
Estimable Member

thanks for posting pictures of your circular saw. i'd make one in the future. before that, i'd make a zero clearance throat plate like yours to improve the cut of the saw.

Posted : 11/05/2011 3:37 pm
jarod
(@jarod)
Noble Member

I think timber had created some zero clearance insert made from acrylic, will wait for him to post on his home made ZCI.

For more of the latest tools, deals and tips - click HERE

Posted : 11/05/2011 9:37 pm
(@crazyboi_6)
Estimable Member

I think timber had created some zero clearance insert made from acrylic, will wait for him to post on his home made ZCI.

he already posted that. i saw it here: http://pinoyhandyman.com/showthread.php?t=828&highlight=clearance hope to make one soon

Posted : 11/05/2011 9:50 pm
(@bryant77)
Reputable Member

there are Bosch Optiline blades for it locally and should fit perfect without modifications...

Before I'm also using bosch optiline 7 1/4" 60T, good for plywood & MDF. I tried it in Narra umuusok yun blade hindi yata maganda gamitin ang carbide blade sa mga hardwood.

Posted : 11/05/2011 11:06 pm
timber715
(@timber715)

carbide blades din ang Freud bro, thin kerf will work easier for thick stock but there are tooth grind to look out for that are specific for ripping or cross-cutting. using a cross-cutting blade to rip will give you the same result as your previous optiline...
also the teeth count in your blade is for cross cutting, try to get less teeth for ripping brader. that will cure your concern. look for a 24 teeth blade.

Posted : 12/05/2011 12:30 am
 guad
(@guad)
Honorable Member
Topic starter

i'm hoping that there are locally available blades that are better than the stock.

Don't write the stock blade off so quickly. If stock is still a Speedline 40T, that has a kerf of 1.6 mm. Same as the Freud Diablos. The Optilines and Multi materials have kerf of 2.5 mm (actual 2.6 mm).

The Makita blades have kerf of 2.0 mm and cost 2-3x the Optiline. I don't know what you are getting for the higher price.

Other brands: Irwin, Nicholson, MaxSell, Tatara, etc. (The Nicholson claims to be 'ultra thin kerf' but has a kerf of 2.6 mm ... so 'thin kerf' claims should be taken with grain of salt.)

Posted : 12/05/2011 10:12 am
(@crazyboi_6)
Estimable Member

Don't write the stock blade off so quickly. If stock is still a Speedline 40T, that has a kerf of 1.6 mm. Same as the Freud Diablos. The Optilines and Multi materials have kerf of 2.5 mm (actual 2.6 mm).

The Makita blades have kerf of 2.0 mm and cost 2-3x the Optiline. I don't know what you are getting for the higher price.

Other brands: Irwin, Nicholson, MaxSell, Tatara, etc. (The Nicholson claims to be 'ultra thin kerf' but has a kerf of 2.6 mm ... so 'thin kerf' claims should be taken with grain of salt.)

i tried the saw already on plywood. i like the cut. minimal tear out. i just asked because i dont have experience with circular saws and i noticed in one thread that he changed the stock. i'll stick with the stock blade and just make a zero clearance insert. thanks for the info gaud

Posted : 12/05/2011 1:39 pm
Page 2 / 5
Share: