Clear all

Bosch GOF 1600 CE review

9 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
timber715
(@timber715)
Topic starter

Bosch GOF 1600 CE (new router on the block)

unboxing: open the top lid and carefully turn upside down...

pull the box upward...

removing the carton protection...

click my signature and it will take you there........

Posted : 24/04/2013 2:16 am
timber715
(@timber715)
Topic starter

Re: Bosch GOF 1600 CE review

the collet portion would also have a carton, you can remove this by releasing the lock lever at the back of the router and raising the motor slightly, then you can pull the carton easily... lock after removal just to be safe...

You would also be pleased to find out what is included in this kit...
first is the open wrench which is the thick heavy duty kind, not like the ones that come from other manufacturer that is painful to hold when applying pressure to tighten the collet.
second are the template guide ring and a quick release mount, an option in most routers nowadays.... but not in this kit.
third are the collets included (1/2 and 1/4 inch)... yes collets and not reducers unlike other brands who save every cent just to earn more profit...

Posted : 24/04/2013 2:17 am
timber715
(@timber715)
Topic starter

Features:
Let's start with the motor...
Powerful 1600-watt motor with Constant Electronic and Softstart for material-specific work, the soft start is the best I have come across so far, almost no vibration. the variable speed is 10.000 – 25.000 rpm which is very important especially when using large router bits or routing different materials and/or densities.

in front is a low voltage rail that allows the motor to be powered via power switch at the router base. makes routing safer with two hands at the helm at all times. Another function about this rail is that it makes installing the motor to the base a very easy operation.

the wire connection to the motor mounts with a swivel joint which is a simple upgrade but ingenious... wires will less likely get in the way or tangle while routing. Also the motor top is designed flat keeping bit changing a breeze.

the business side of the motor has two leds that illuminate the work, very handy especially on critical work or during aligning the cut. on it is a spindle lock mechanism (not in the US model) which makes bit changes so much easier than the two wrench system

timber715
(@timber715)
Topic starter

On the Plunge base:
lets start with the clear acrylic base when combined with the LEDs make fine work a pleasure than a chore, try router inlay work without it and you will know what I mean....

here is the low volt rail that connects the motor

which in turn allows you to power the motor thru the power switch located in the handle...

the plunge release mechanism which is found only in Bosch routers is in my opinion the better one which is locked when released and unlocked when pressed...

to be continued:

timber715
(@timber715)
Topic starter

reserved for continuation:

Posted : 24/04/2013 2:18 am
timber715
(@timber715)
Topic starter

reserved for continuation: :p

Posted : 24/04/2013 2:19 am
timber715
(@timber715)
Topic starter

reserved for continuation: :shower:

timber715
(@timber715)
Topic starter

reserved for continuation:;)

Blackbriar75
(@blackbriar75)
Trusted Member

After weeks of haunting and waiting for Bosch Mall Fair and Sales, finally was able to snag one of this! Had no second thoughts and pulled the trigger.

Just wish there is available extra template guide ring sizes and the guide fence with micro adjustment...

Posted : 10/07/2013 11:12 pm
Share: