did i see a jointer at the background?

The devil will find work for idle hands to do.-Morrissey

Posted : 08/03/2011 9:56 pm
chisel
(@chisel)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Re: DeWalt Router (DW618)

Just an update, been routing in inlays on my stairs project suddenly I hear shattering sounds inside the router so I immediately kill the switch off crossing my fingers that the magnetic ring doest give up

The magnetic ring is notorious to give up to this model..., and its not where is the sound coming from?

After a quick dust blow and test the router, seems ok and was able to finish what I’m doing

Posted : 16/08/2011 7:05 pm
JayL
 JayL
(@jayl)

Glad it's Ok . This is the downside for us tool importers ... difficult warranty claim.

In my case I had to send back several items to the US for warranty but once back in US soil it was not a big deal to get things sorted out.

Millermatic 180 Autoset Mig Welder
Miller Spoolmate 100 Spool Gun
Victor Firepower 350 Oxy Ace Outfit
3M Speedglas 9002X AD Helmet
Makita LC1230 Dry Cut Saw
Ingersoll Rand Air Tools
Snap On Tools
Metabo Power Tools
Norseman Drill Cutting Tools
Bosch Power Tools
3M PPS

Posted : 16/08/2011 7:42 pm
 owyn
(@owyn)
Estimable Member

It's cool of you to dismantle the router and clean it up. Given how much air goes in and out of universal motors, I guess dust is the main killer of these. I've dismantled my karcher vac (bearing noise when powering down) and bosch colt and was surprised how much dust was in there. Plus points too in being aware of your model's weaknesses, like in one's car and other stuff.

I've been wanting a medium sized router too and fancied this: http://www.amazon.com/Makita-RF1101KIT2-4-Horsepower-Variable-Speed-Plunge/dp/B0002HC4IM/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1310630066&sr=8-3 (Honestly, i'd forego soft start and other electronic luxuries if it meant the tool will be more rugged) so i opted for a low angle jack for now...

Posted : 16/08/2011 7:46 pm
Page 2 / 2
Share: