3 Users
0 Reactions
(@beebeenator)
Noble Member
Topic starter

I cant rmember if i already had a thread for this jointer

but i searched and didnt find any eheheh

the jointer blades were aligned today. Tool longer than the jet thicknesser

I finally got a Wixey angle reader thingy (cool thing, i found that my miter saw was 90 degrees and 45 degrees on the DOT!)

The infeed and ouit feed table of the jointer seems perfectly parallel. Sometimes depending on the location i get a 0.1 degree variance which sometimes show and sometime doesnt. should not matter too much

The blade alignment is tricky. Just like any jointer planer there is a screw that slots into one of the notches of the jointer blade. It adjusts the height. HOwever when tightening the blade shroud thing over the blade has a tendency to shift. its a little pain but eventually i got it aligned.

I havent ran any stock through it yet coz it was late and the house help needs sleep 🙂

The blade spin is variable speed ... i dont know what for.

The fence seems a little tiny. looking at the mechanism we can detach the stock fence and attach a bigger mdf onto the fence arm mechanism

errm pics to follow

Posted : 21/05/2010 11:36 pm
(@beebeenator)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Re: JWP-1501 johnson elektrik

ripped joint the fence

here is the fence mechanism attachment

took awhile to align

Posted : 22/05/2010 11:59 pm
(@beebeenator)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Posted : 23/05/2010 12:01 am
(@beebeenator)
Noble Member
Topic starter

]

ahahhaha there is never enough table space!

]

zzzz

Posted : 23/05/2010 12:03 am
(@beebeenator)
Noble Member
Topic starter

There was a problem with the knifes, The setting screws has to be set on the bottom most setting and then prop the knives up instead of setting it on the highes setting and having the knives push against it.

If the screws were set highest setting having the knives sit on it there is a tendency that the knifes be pushed forward once the thing rotates (always does) so in the end i did it ummm.,... Am i making sense at all? anyway if anyone has a proble with their joingter knives sort of popping up when running just tell me and ill go over your place and see if i can help 🙂

hmmmm perfect i think. I needed to prop up the infeed table. it was 0.1 degrees out of parallel.. initially i thought its ok.. apparently it made some bowing results.

Posted : 23/05/2010 9:25 pm
JayL
 JayL
(@jayl)

Bee

Are the jointer knives holding their edge well?

tks

Millermatic 180 Autoset Mig Welder
Miller Spoolmate 100 Spool Gun
Victor Firepower 350 Oxy Ace Outfit
3M Speedglas 9002X AD Helmet
Makita LC1230 Dry Cut Saw
Ingersoll Rand Air Tools
Snap On Tools
Metabo Power Tools
Norseman Drill Cutting Tools
Bosch Power Tools
3M PPS

Posted : 23/05/2010 9:40 pm
(@beebeenator)
Noble Member
Topic starter

dunno. i havent ran much yet

they say it uses 6" makita knives

Posted : 23/05/2010 9:50 pm
timber715
(@timber715)

couldn't see any bowing from here Bee, seems like you made good work out of it... you should meet Owyn. since you love tweaking so much, he is into OWWM (Old Wood Working Machines) and somewhat a hardcore tweaker... lol

click my signature and it will take you there........

Posted : 24/05/2010 9:48 am
(@beebeenator)
Noble Member
Topic starter

actually i hate tweaking. ahhah i just needed to do so otherwise i have a failed machine.

although old woodworking machines do entice me.. its the history that it carries and the character it has attained. But i have never held one yet. I would love a vintage table saw 🙂

Posted : 24/05/2010 9:22 pm
Share: