What can you say about this jigsaw

Posted : 19/06/2013 7:22 am
(@jundytch)

Does anyone have any feedback on this?

Posted : 18/07/2015 11:56 pm
violaine
(@violaine)
Noble Member

all i can say is..it is just another generic made in china tool that is badged with the word Stanley....long are the days that stanleys are the most sought after tools at least in Pinas in the woodoworking community...and i am talking about the year in the 70's!

i dont have a feedback on this tool but certainly it will cut like a jigsaw...and for some quick projects it will do its job...just dont force it to cut thick lumber to make some nice wavy cuts. blade drift is always a problem not only with cheap saws but also with the top model Bosch.

so how much is it?

The devil will find work for idle hands to do.-Morrissey

Posted : 20/07/2015 7:48 pm
violaine
(@violaine)
Noble Member

all i can say is..it is just another generic made in china tool that is badged with the word Stanley....long are the days that stanleys are the most sought after tools at least in Pinas in the woodoworking community...and i am talking about the year in the 70's!

i dont have a feedback on this tool but certainly it will cut like a jigsaw...and for some quick projects it will do its job...just dont force it to cut thick lumber to make some nice wavy cuts. blade drift is always a problem not only with cheap saws but also with the top model Bosch.

so how much is it?

Posted : 20/07/2015 7:49 pm
violaine
(@violaine)
Noble Member

so how much is it?

Posted : 20/07/2015 7:49 pm
(@jundytch)

it's being sold at PhP 5.2k, saw it at mall hardware stores (Ace Hardware, Handyman), build appears to be ok but i can't find anything on it online, not even at their website. i was thinking it might be one of those counterfeit ones however it seems odd to find it in malls stores.

Posted : 21/07/2015 2:11 am
violaine
(@violaine)
Noble Member

it is not counterfeit for sure...Stanleys are known for their handtools not powertools! you know the current situation for brands now..."if somebody is doing that why cant we" thing....
but at that price you cannot go wrong with a Makita or a Bosch (GST PB model)...been there done that...i have a Bosch GSTPBE btw...it is always nice to have a variable speed jigsaw...if you buy tools, do not go to the malls!

Posted : 21/07/2015 4:45 am
(@jundytch)

i see. thanks for the word on Stanleys. kaya siguro my guts was having second thoughts on it, kasi nga hand tools nila ang mas pamilyar.
Together with this and the GST 80 PBE, I was also looking at the Makita 4350CT actually, at least now I can cross this one out of the choices.

thanks again violaine!

Posted : 21/07/2015 8:46 pm
Share: